PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose Dinner Review

tinkerbell04
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I booked this dinner so that we would make sure we were in the park on night to see the Osbourne lights. We had never dined here before and reading all of the mixed reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. We had an ADR and arrived about 10 minutes before our time. We were seated about 5 minutes after our reservation time. They were turning people without reservations away.

There were 6 people in our dining party, 4 adults and 2 kids. We were on the dining plan.

We were greeted quickly and our drink order was taken while we looked at the menu. The waiter told us about the soup of the day and the catch of the day. I thought that there was a variety of things to choose from for entrees and appetizers.

For appetizers, we ordered
1 Artesian Breads and Spreads
1 Ceasar salad
1 Mixed greens salad
1 soup of the day, something oniony
1 kids salad
1 kids soup
The artesian breads were good and we liked all but one of the spreads. My dad said the soup was good, and he finished it, but I didn't try it. The salads were as expected as well as the kids appetizers. The one thing that I didn't like was that all of the appetizers didn't come out at the same time. The breads were out first then the soups and then the salads, but by the time the first and last person was served it was about 10 minutes that had passed.

For entrees, we ordered
1 Pork Marsala
1 Chicken Parmasean
1 Butcher Steak
1 Spagetti Fra Diavolo with out the calamari, they added extra shrimp instead
1 kids spagetti
1 kids grilled chicken
All of the entrees were served at the same time and drinks were also refilled promplty. The food was great, and I am Italian so I am a little hard to please.:) The portions were large and none of us finished all of it. The kids enjoyed their selections.

For dessert we were offered the menu and also asked if we would like coffee or specialty hot drink. We ordered coffee, a cafe mocha and a latte. The kids were also told that they could order off of the adult dessert menu if they were tired of ice cream sundaes, yeah right!
We ordered,
1 chocolate truffle cake
2 vanilla gelato
1 creme limone
1 tiramisu
1 kids sundae
The coffee drinks were heavenly, at least the cafe mocha and the latte. The waiter even put my latte in a to go cup so I could take it with me when I didn't finish it all. The desserts were good, and they were all finished!

We were very pleased with this restaurant. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the service was fantastic and the food was great. Loke I said, we were hesitant, but were very happy. The only thing that I didn't like, like I said was, the appetizers didn't all come out together. We would return again if looking for a place to eat in MGM. We were able to walk through the light display before and after dinner.:mickey:

disneycouple2004
12-20-2007, 02:06 PM
:ditto::thanks:

We dine here ever time, its on our must do list..thanks for the good review..:thumbsup:

KylesMom
12-20-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose! We also schedule it as a must-do at least twice every trip - lunch and dinner! :mickey: