PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe Dinner Review

tinkerbell04
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
For this trip we wanted to revisit some of the restaurants that we haven't visited for a while. The second night there, we dined at the Kona Cafe in the Poly.

There were 6 people in our dining party, 4 adults and 2 children. We were on the dining plan and had an ADR.

We arrived right on time for our reservation and were seated within 10 minutes of checking in. The kids loved seeing the desserts on display and there was a great Hawaiian gingerbread house on display with the desserts.

We were greeted quickly by our server who took our drink orders while we perused the menu.

For appetizers, we ordered
2 sticky wings
1 crab cake
1 pork belly salad
1 kids salad
1 kids soup
The sticky wings were as good as I remembered them, and the pork belly salad was awesome. The crab cakes weren't bad, but we are hard to impress being from Baltimore :) The portions were quite big and we didn't finish it all.

For entrees, we ordered
2 Filets
2 prime ribs
The kids both got chicken fingers even though they weren't on the menu. They were nice enough to get them for the kids.
All of the steaks arrived and were perfectly cooked and seasoned. The filet was one of the best that I have had on property, it cut with a butter knife. The potatoes were very good and the kids enjoyed the tenders.

For dessert, we ordered
1 Kona Cone
1 Macadamia Nut Chocolate Torte
1 Chocolate Fondue
1 White Chocolate Cheesecake
2 Kids sundaes
The desserts were heavenly, we all tasted a bit of each others. The chocolate fondue was served with very good fruit, sweet already and the fondue only made it better. The kids were facinated by the cotton candy on the Kona Kone :)

The service and food here was somethign to write home about. Everything was cooked to order, served promptly, but not rushed and it was all delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all! Two thums up :mickey:

DawsonAR
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Good to hear. We have ADR's for Jan 1st and we have never tried it. Thanks for the review.

jillluvsdisney
12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
We had a great meal at Kona this past November. Susan was our server and she was very pleasant. We also had the pork belly salad and crab cakes. The prime rib was great also.
This is always a must do place for us.

KAT1811
12-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear the review. I've been thinking of trying Kona on our next visit! Thank you for the input.

pogo
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm glad to hear the quality is still there. We dined at the Kona two years ago at the recommendation of Natazu and we were not dissappointed. :cloud9:

We are looking to return there again this spring and this is very good news to us. :thumbsup:

Thanks for writing this review. :D

SgtTigger
12-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the review........

We have looked at going here several times but never did. After this report I think it might be on our next trip.....

:cop: :tigger:

DebK
12-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the great review! We will have to eat dinner there on our next trip.

Jeff
12-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
It's nice to read a good review for this place. We have a bad experience in Sept and I wrote to WDW about our service, or lack of. The food was very good though. It sounds like they are taking steps to improve there service.

Dixie Springs
12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
We just had lunch there this week. The food was of reasonably good quality, but the bill was over $100 for 4 of us (no booze), and it included an automatic 18% gratuity! Fortunately DD had a 50% CM discount, so I was only 'half-angry'.

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I have only had breakfast here, so dinner is surely on my list of places for the next trip. Thanks for the review.:mickey:

javamama
12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
So glad to read we're eating there on our trip in April! Thanks!

SBETigg
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Our August dinner experience at Kona Cafe was disappointing in both food quality and service. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. We won't be going back. The sticky wings were delicious, though.

rj
01-13-2008, 10:26 AM
We are going for both breakfast and dinner next month. This will be the first time for breakfast. Last time dinner was great.