PDA

View Full Version : Maya Grill Review

tinkerbell04
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM
We decided that for this trip, we would try a few restaurants that we hadn't tried for a while. The first one we visited was the Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. We had a dining party of 6, 4 adults and 2 children and we were onthe dining plan.

There was an event going on in the Rix club, the national salsa dancing competition, but there was no interference with the restaurants or the lobby area.

We were seated immediately and probably would have been even with out and ADR. We were greeted promptly and our drink orders were taken. This was the only restaurant that offered different choices for the kids meals and appetizers.

For Appetizers, we ordered
2 seafood skillets
1 mixed greens salad
1 Shrimp cocktail
2 kids apps of mozarella sticks
The seafood skillets were huge and served with warm crusy bread. The shrimp cocktail was plentiful and the salad was delicious. The kids devoured the mozzarella sticks as if they hadn't eaten in days. So far we were very pleased.

For Entrees, we ordered
1 Filet, with baked potato
1 rib eye with mashed potatoes
2- Filet and Catch of the Day which I think was mahi mahi.
2 kids fried shrimp dinners.
The steaks were all prepared to order and were delicious. The baked potatoes were fair, but I have found this to be common in Disney. The kids shrimp were the real surprise. I was expecting popcord shrimp, but these were plump real butterflied friend shrimp and there were about 8-10 on each plate.

For dessert, we ordered
3 Creme Brulees
1 Fried Cheesecake
2 Kids Sundaes
All were given positive reviews and the fried cheesecake one for most original dessert.

All in all the service and food were fantastic and it is a great value on the dining plan. We would not hesitate to return to the Maya Grill on our next trip.

laprana
12-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the great review! We're eating here in June for the first time and I'm glad to hear it's a good choice! Thanks again!

Kidsmom
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
We ate there this past August and found it to be great also. It wasn't busy and the service was great. We all LOVED the food!

buzznwoodysmom
12-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. We ate here in November and had many of the same dishes as you and we loved it. It wasn't crowded at all, very quiet, the service was excellent and the food delishous. I think this may be an overlooked restaurant. You don't hear much about it, but it was one of our best meals of the trip.