PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe review

laprana
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
This was the third of 4 TS meals on our Dec. 8-13 trip, and it probably was my least favorite dinner. It's not that it was bad, but it wasn't the best of the 4.

We checked in for our ADR and were seated immediately. The dining room was beautifully decorated and had a more upscale, but still casual feel to it. Our waiter came quickly and we soon had our drinks, appetizers and bread at our table. I have to say that the bread looked like it would be really tasty, but when we bit into it....:sick: It had very little flavor to it at all and tasted a little like we were chewing on styrofoam. It was a little better with the salted butter that came with it, but not much.

For appetizers, my sister and I had the caesar salad and my mom had the house salad. My sister and I were a little disappointed with our choices, but my mom really enjoyed her salad. The caesar salad didn't have much dressing on it and was mostly just a plate of lettuce. But the dressing I did have didn't have very much flavor anyway, except for an overwhelming taste of garlic. So, we didn't eat too much of those and waited for our entrees.

Luckily, the meal got much better once our entrees arrived! :thumbsup: My sister and I both ordered the salmon and it was very, very good. The salmon itself was seasoned well and was tender and delicious. The sauce and mushrooms were very good, too, and complimented the salmon well. The potatoes were yummy, also. My mom had the NY strip steak and said it was delicious. Cooked perfectly to her tastes and she said all of the sides were really good.

Then came the desserts! Yummmmm!!! They have mini-desserts at the Grand Floridian Cafe, and since we were on the DDP, we each got to choose 2! When they arrived at our table, I thought, "These are mini?" They were all pretty good sized portions, which was just fine with us! :D My sister and I both chose the lemon cheesecake and the tiramisu (can you tell that we both have very similar tastes?;)) Oh man, were they good! The lemon cheesecake was absolutely delicious. I think it might be the best cheesecake I've ever had. It was creamy and smooth and the lemon flavor was just right - not too strong to overwhelm the cheesecake flavor, and not too weak so that it was barely noticeable. It was sooooo good! The tiramisu also was really delicious! My mom had the sorbet and key lime pie and she was in heaven! She said the key lime pie was the best she'd ever had.

The service was very good here. Our waiter was friendly and quick, but never rushed us. He was very good about making sure our drinks were filled and that we had everything we needed. He made friendly conversation with us and made us feel right at home while we were there. We all agreed that this wasn't our favorite meal, but still good overall with only a few minor negatives. I'd go back again just for that cheescake! :secret:

SBETigg
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
If that's as bad as it got for you, I would say you had some pretty excellent meals. Thanks for the review.