PDA

View Full Version : DVC and new year news

DisneyWhirled
12-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Someone probably already posted this, but, thought I would share.

I heard it was decided at the annual meeting that in the new year Member Services hours will be 9-5:30 Monday through Saturday. I read that Sunday hours will likely be added in Feb!

I also read that DVC is "refining" some of the concierge collection, that is, moving them off as an option.

While we haven't yet used DVC for the concierge collection, I know it was a big selling point for my DH, he wants the ability to try new places, as the kiddos get older.

wendy*darling
12-21-2007, 06:32 PM
True- Member Services is expanding their hours in the new year. I did post this in another thread- but the more places people can see it the better.
"DVC MS is currently not open on Sundays, but in 2008, they will have hours 7 days a week! :thumbsup:
Starting December 30, 2007:
Monday through Saturday from 9:00am- 5:30pm
AND starting February 3, 2008 they are adding Sundays as well."

As far as the Concierge Collection is concerned- DVC is always refining it. The hotels in this collection are not Disney owned and run. Therefore, Disney has no control over the quality and level of service offered. If, over time, one of the hotels in the group changes, and perhaps falls below "Disney Standards," they may be removed from the group. This is almost always a good thing.
At the same time, new hotels are often added in their place.

Another piece of good news for those wanting to stay someplace outside of Disney property is that in 2008, the World Passport Collection may start allowing reservations of less than a full week at some locations. This allows more flexibility and less points!

Thumper03
12-22-2007, 11:16 PM
True- Member Services is expanding their hours in the new year. I did post this in another thread- but the more places people can see it the better.
"DVC MS is currently not open on Sundays, but in 2008, they will have hours 7 days a week! :thumbsup:
Starting December 30, 2007:
Monday through Saturday from 9:00am- 5:30pm
AND starting February 3, 2008 they are adding Sundays as well."

So does this mean we lose our later hours on Thursday night...isn't it currently 10PM EST?

Also, is it 9AM - 5:30PM EST, or CST?

It will be nice to have Sunday hours available. We inevitably never settled down long enough to think about planning until Sundays...then have to wait to make a call.

DVC Mike
12-23-2007, 10:42 AM
So does this mean we lose our later hours on Thursday night...isn't it currently 10PM EST?

Also, is it 9AM - 5:30PM EST, or CST?

Yes, the late Thursday hours are going away.

The times are EST (Florida time zone).