PDA

View Full Version : When am I going to like Dumbledore???

murphy1
12-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I am up to The Battle in HP and DH and I have so many unanswered questions right now, but Dumbledore just kind of left things really bad. I know, I know, keep reading, it will all come out. I finally figured out that HP and Vold. are related to way back. I do have a question about the original prophecy. I know Sybil spoke about it, but was she the one who originally knew about it or did Dumbledore or who? I have always been a little confused on this part. The rest I know I am getting to. I kept wondering when they were going to get into the whole thing with Ariana and finally they did. I am trying to keep horcruxes and Hallows straight, too. Anyway, thanks for your help! (I'm proud I am on the last book with three kids and PT work, it's been tough to get through Books 5, 6, 7!)

RedheadWriter
12-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello! Whiel Professor Telwaney has been seen as an old fraud in the books/movies, the prophecy was a time she was taken seriously. Dumbledore realized the significance fot he prophecy and when Voldemort got wind of it, well, you know what events were put into play. It could have all been very different had Voldemort chosen Neville to target.
Keep reading... everything wil come together.
Rachel

Pirate Granny
12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I always wondered what would have happened to Harry had he been put into Sytherin...would he have been friends with Draco? Or still met and been buds with Ron & Herm...???
:pirate:

PirateLover
12-19-2007, 11:50 PM
I think it's safe to say that by the end of the book you will indeed like Dumbledore again by the end. But boy I sure was disappointed in him for a while there.

murphy1
12-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Dang, she just killed off Fred! Who's next, Hagrid??? I have a feeling Snape won't make it, don't tell me. I kept going on this book and now it's really getting going faster, PS I was glad Crabbe got knocked off.

Thanks for the clarifications! (we are planning on going to Universal when they finish the HP section!)

RedheadWriter
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I know...Fred dying was awful. I cried. Keep reading. You are almost done! Get some tissues handy, too.
I too plan on going to Universal just ot see the HP thing. :-)

Beast_fanatic
12-20-2007, 02:58 PM
When am I going to like Dumbledore???

Chapter 35

murphy1
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, Rhonda, whew! And Snape. That book was bloody brilliant!!! I almost spit out my Coke over Molly Weasley attacking Bellatrix, that was my favorite thing out of all the stories, they just have to put that in the movie, I was a little sad that Neville didn't get to do it, but it was great with Molly, so I will let that go. I almost started crying when I was reading about the last parts. I agree with most people, she wrapped it up so well. One thing, I wish something had happened with the Malfoys, they got off way too easy.

conorsmom2000
12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
One thing, I wish something had happened with the Malfoys, they got off way too easy.

Ah, they did, but, Narcissia lying about Harry being dead kind of made up for some stuff! :D Though, she did it for selfish reasons, not for Harry. I somehow don't think they ever enjoyed the same type of power they once had with Voldemort gone.

murphy1
12-21-2007, 07:19 AM
That's true, I forgot she did that!