PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Discounts

Iz&JulesDad
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I have renewed my annual pass for the last 5 years but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. We like to stay at the poly but recently when I look at the ap discounts I never see the poly as one of the resorts that offer it. Stayed at the GF 6/07 and used AAA discount. My pass expires 6/08 and I'm looking to book the 1st week of Nov. I will be staying 8 or 9 days and possibly a shorter trip in June 09. Should I renew?

Thanks.

Goofeygal
12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
We are annual pass holders and will probably not renew our passes anymore for the same reason. The discounts do not seem to be as good as they use to be.

DizneyRox
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Never purchase an AP based on room discounts. An AP should be purchased based on park entry days only.

I haven't renewed since the 25th anniversary of MK. It just hasn't been worth it anymore.

dizneeat
12-20-2007, 03:32 AM
We will definitely renew our APs, but our situation is different.
Since we usually travel once a year (from Europe) and stay for 2 - 3 weeks at Disney, we time it so that we can use the AP for 2 holidays. This means 4 - 6 weeks of tickets to the parks!! That really is a good deal with the AP.
If there are any other discounts that is an added bonus. We won't even be looking for room discounts this year, since we are on the bounceback program for a week AND we got in on the British free dining offer for 2 weeks this summer.

KylesMom
12-20-2007, 12:54 PM
The break-even point where an A/P makes sense for admission into the parks without any type of room discount is somewhere around 11 days.

We are in the same boat as you as far as utilizing AAA discount vs. A/P room discounts, but we ensure that we take two annual trips on one pass - thus making entry into the park around $16 a day for each of us (30 days total). If you are going for 8-9 days in November and for more than 2-3 days in June of '09, it may be better for you to wait and buy a brand new pass for activation in November if your pass will expire before your June of '09 trip.

As an A/P holder, you are also eligible to purchase the DDE card membership, which has saved us hundreds of dollars the past couple of years on TS meals.

Good luck in your decision! :mickey:

chamonix
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
We have used an AP discount at the Poly many many times, so they are definitely "offered".

Not sure where you are looking to see if they are listed/offered....? Often when AP discounts are released, the info is out on the 'net, listed on places like Mousesavers, and on boards like this, on the Disney website, etc. They do not list every resort and every price though--they just show a few representative resorts and prices--that does not mean they aren't available for other resorts, in fact, it usually says something like, "other resorts are available".

Of course, popular resorts like Poly rooms go fast when discounted, so you may just have poor luck catching the discounted rooms when they are released. They only discount a certain number of rooms, and when they are gone, they are gone.

Of course, I am not trying to talk you into buying an AP, it works for us, and we certainly love the possibility of getting the discount when we can and do at the Polynesian. :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
12-22-2007, 09:22 AM
I know for us,the AP makes sense since we go at least twice a year.The discounts have been pretty good to us but we look at those as just an extra perk.Our main reason for getting AP's is simply because it's cheaper than buying tix every trip.We usually stay in a moderate but sometimes a value if the AP discount is good(49.00 a night in January,so we'll stay at the Pop).I have noticed that the Deluxe resort discounts haven't been that good but if I ever see the Poly for under 200.00 i'll jump on it but I doubt we'll see that.I say if your gonna go on a couple of trips a year,buy the AP.