PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Puck Cafe review

laprana
12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
This was the second of 4 TS meals on our Dec. 8-13 WDW trip and it was great! We arrived about 15 minutes early for our ADR and were seated right away at a table overlooking the lake at Downtown Disney. It was a beautiful view and we got to watch the sunset. So nice!

Our server was friendly and quickly took our drink orders after we were seated and then came back to take our appetizer and entree orders. We (me, my sister, and my mom) all ordered exactly the same things - except for dessert! My sister had eaten here in October and raved about the macadamia nut-crusted chicken breast, so we went with her recommendation and weren't disappointed!

We all had the classic caesar salad as our appetizers. The salad was good, pretty much just a basic casear salad. We also were given bread with the salads that was delicious. I'm not sure what type of bread it was, but was it ever tasty! I could have filled up on that, but knew I had to save room for the entree and dessert! :eat:

The chicken did not disappoint! It was wonderful. The macadamia nut crust had a texture similar to fried chicken, but it wasn't greasy at all and it had a very unique taste. The chicken was served with a papaya marmalade and had some kind of sauce drizzled over it. I wasn't sure about the marmalade at first...I'm not usually a very adventerous eater and putting papaya on chicken didn't sound appetizing to me at first. But, at my sister's insistence to give it a try, I did and loved it! The combination of flavors was wonderful. A little salty with a little sweet...it was delicious! The chicken also came with garlic mashed potatoes that just melted in our mouths. They were so good!

For dessert, my sister and I both had the white chocolate cheescake and OMG was it good! I wished I had saved a little more room for dessert so I could have eaten it all! It was heavenly with a raspberry sauce that set off the chocolate perfectly. I wish I had some right now! :D My mom had the key lime pie for dessert and she really enjoyed it. She said it was very good.

The service here was decent. Our waitress was very good at the beginning, but by the end of the meal we were having to flag her down to get drink refills and the check. But, I think that was because the restaurant was really filling up and she got much busier. We really enjoyed eating here and have already made an ADR to eat here again in June. I would highly recommend it. It has a really wide selection of appetizers and entrees, and the desserts...well, just make sure you save room!

AbeeNormal
12-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a really great meal. Amazing that everyone got the same thing, my DH usually makes us all get something different so we can share, but it sure sounds like the chicken was a big hit. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the revue :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I'll have to keep this in mind for our next visit. We ate at the WP Express and were impressed with the food there. And it only counted as a counter service!

DDuck66
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the review!!! We love the WP Express but have never ate at the cafe. I guess we will have to try it next time.