PDA

View Full Version : Ever booked WDW resort through Orbitz?

Beckybalz
12-19-2007, 02:29 PM
As I posted earlier, the only WDW resort available directly through Disney for my January travel dates was Ft. Wildreness. So I kept searching online...everything was unavailable on every website, but somehow on the Orbitz website I stumbled onto a room available at Coronado Springs...so I booked it. I am nervous though as I have always reserved my WDW rooms directly through Disney and I am going during what is apparently a very busy time. Has anyone ever booked through Orbitz before? Do you think they will actually have a room left for me when I get there???? Believe me, I will be bringing multiple copies of every confirmation email I get from Orbitz...but I am still nervous about it. Does anyone have any good experiences with Orbitz that will help to ease my mind????

vicster
12-19-2007, 03:12 PM
No experience with Orbitz but did you try Magical Journeys? Ever since I discovered MJ I don't even book through Disney anymore.

kdsjjb
12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I booked a trip to Niagra Falls through Orbitz a few years back, as a mother's day gift for DW.

It was a whole package, including hotel, airfare, rental car and a tour.

The price was so unbelievable that I was extremely nervous, so I confirmed everything independently after getting confirmation from Orbitz.

The only issue I had was with the hotel. I had booked a suite overlooking the falls and was given a standard room with no view. When I asked the desk about it, they tried to blame it on Orbitz, but since I had confirmed directly with hthe hotel, and I had the name of the person I spoke to and the date and time I had spoken to her, they fixed the problem and switched our room.

I honestly think that this was the hotel, not Orbitz, though. All in all, I was happy witht the Orbitz package,and would probably use them again.

LaurensDad
12-20-2007, 07:29 AM
We booked POFQ thru Orbits for Dec. 28-Jan. 5.We have always booked by calling Disney direct, but they wanted the same price per night for the January days as the holiday rates.We are a little nervous also.I can let you know how it goes.When are you leaving?

Beckybalz
12-20-2007, 08:04 AM
We are leaving January 16th. I tried booking through Disney directly through MJ, but everthing was booked solid. Searched everywhere online and this one room at CS through Orbitz was the only thing I could find...that is why I booked it.
Good luck with your POFQ reservation! I would love to hear how it turns out. Part of my nervousness also stems from the fact that we won't be arriving until after midnight. If they can't find a room for us we will be dealing with 3 cranky, overtired kids and 2 upset adults, which is never a good thing way to start a trip!

Tigger&Stitch
12-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Can you try to confirm before you get on the plane? LIke an earlier poster said, see if you can take down a name, time etc. Good luck! Hope it all works out. =)

Beckybalz
12-21-2007, 11:11 AM
I tried to confirm with Disney that I had a reservation by calling the main reservation #, but they said that because I had booked it through Orbitz that they couldn't look it up. But my reservation has to be on file someplace at Disney, doesn't it??? Do you think I should call the hotel (Coronado Springs) directly?

Tink1
12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
The resort will not have your reservation until 3-5 days prior to arrival.

The regular Disney number wont have your reservation at all.

Since Orbitz is a wholesaler, it goes through a completely different section of the Disney Company. They have different inventory and rules than those of us who go into the "regular" system.

Nanc

wire0monkey
12-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I booked a last minute trip through Travelocity in 2006 and it went just fine.

Don't worry. If you have a problem, the travel company will work it out with Disney. They have an on-going relationship and it is important to both Disney and Orbitz to make sure that the relationship stays good and you are happy.

Have fun!

Donald_Quackers
12-22-2007, 02:32 AM
I just got back from a trip there after booking through expedia. I had no problems with the reservation.

Everything was taken care of, even down to the DME service.

Seasonscraps
12-22-2007, 07:14 AM
I used Orbitz lots of times, not for Disney but other places, and never had a problem at the hotel.

LaurensDad
12-27-2007, 08:08 AM
I called POFQ about our orbitz reservation for dec. 29.They verified our reservation.One more day :mickey:

ginger19
12-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Actually I booked through Orbitz nce and would not do so again. We did have our correct reservation however we had booked a king, non-smoking room and ended up in a smoking, double bed room. Hotels will NOT guarantee room requests booked on Orbitz as I found out after my trip. Some hotels may work with you but you are out of luck if they won't work with you or don't have the room available.

Cindy'smom
12-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi. No personal experience with Orbitz for a hotel. Since Nanci pointed out that the resort will not have your info until 3-5 days before your reservation, I would certainly contact the resort directed during that time frame to confirm. If you also have air reservations through Orbitz, I would just check them carefully and be sure to confirm your reservation with the airline the day before. My parents just had an interesting experience with Orbitz. Orbitz changed their flight several times, with the last change giving them two minutes to connect in Houston. Orbitz didn't notify them of this change. Not to concern you, just be sure you confirm everything. Good luck. Have a GREAT vacation. :mickey: