PDA

View Full Version : Man dies after riding Disney World coaster

ImgoingtoDisneyworld
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM
AP updated 4:36 p.m. CT, Tues., Dec. 18, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. - A 44-year-old man died Tuesday after riding a roller coaster at Walt Disney World that simulates a runaway train ride through the Himalayas, authorities said.

Jeffery Reed, of Navarre, Fla., was pulled unresponsive from the ride, given CPR and pronounced dead at a hospital. He had no visible signs of injury, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities are investigating whether Reed had a previous medical condition, said Jim Solomons, sheriff's spokesman. An autopsy is planned.

Inspectors found that the ride, Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest, was working properly, but Disney kept it closed during further review.

The ride, Expedition Everest, made its debut in 2006 and features an 80-foot drop. Before Tuesday's death, at least 15 people had died at Disney's theme parks in Florida and California since 1989, some with previous health conditions.

faline
12-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Very sad!

poeticeclipse
12-19-2007, 11:25 AM
This saddens me in many ways. It's terrible when I hear of anyone losing their life at WDW. They are with their families enjoying themselves and then stricken with such heartache.

Also, the company kind of takes a blow with the media. I really don't think that it's fair for the attractions to get a bad rap because of one incident.

On the other hand, it also makes people aware that they need to be in tune with their bodies and how they feel that day and also be concious of prior health conditions that could spike up again.

JPL
12-19-2007, 11:36 AM
This is already being Discussed in news for more information click the link

Death On Everest (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122093)