PDA

View Full Version : Swan and dolphin

laward32
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
If you stay at the Swan or Dolphin, do you get the same perks as you do staying in a Disney hotel? I've read they are not actual Disney hotels. But I see that you can book rooms on the WDW website. Help please!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
:) No, they are not owned by Disney. I know none of their restaurants are on the Dining Plan...don't know about transportation for sure, but I know we took the boat to Downtown once and they dropped some people off at the Swan....

Jeff
12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Swan and Dolphin have WDW transportation; if fact they often share busses with the Boardwalk Inn and Y& Beach Club. They also share the boats.

They also participate in Extra Magic Hours.

You can not put park charges on your room card and I don't think they participate in the Dinning Plan.

Taja
12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't believe they participate in DME, either. But I could be wrong!

Edited to add:
And you can't have packages delivered to the S&D from the parks or WDW, to the best of my knowledge.

It's an excellent value--particularly if you qualify for their discount. The lack of a Mickey wake-up call, room-charging privileges and package delivery aren't important when compared to WDW transportation and EMH! :)

Figment!
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Walt Disney World Transportation: Yes
Disney's Magical Express: No
Extra Magic Hours: Yes
Disney Dining Plan: No

And you can't have packages delivered to the S&D from the parks or WDW, to the best of my knowledge.
One can have packages sent from the parks to the Swan (package pick-up in the gift shop), we did it last June from several of the park shops. I assume the same would be done at the Dolphin.

laward32
12-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, what made me wonder and want to ask is I was watching someone's video on youtube and they were on a Magical Express bus and were taken to the Swan. But I was under the impression that since it wasn't Disney owned you didn't get those perks if staying there.:mickey: Thanks for the help.

bwk99
12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
We stayed at the Swan in Dec 2006. The bus transportation was the slowest out of any resort I've stayed at Disney. Of course, you walk or boat to Epcot. I would advise doing the same to MGM. By the end of the week, we started walking to the monorail at Epcot to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom, and then back to Epcot and walk back to the Swan. There is nothing else to do for Animal Kingdom though..

We did participate in Extra Magic Hours. I don't remember about having packages delivered to the hotel though.

MidnTPK
12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
The bus transportation was the slowest out of any resort I've stayed at Disney.

For almost all bus routes, the Swan and Dolphin share a bus with the Boardwalk Resorts. For a few routes the bus is shared with the previously mentioned resorts and the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Which is to say that the previous poster's experience was likely an isolated event.....or they previously had unusually good experiences. I think most people find the bus service at the Epcot resorts totally adequate.

bkfree
12-20-2007, 02:48 PM
We stayed at YC lst trip and the buses were great and fast and Swan/Dolph did share.
We had a chance to check them out and they are great hotels and to us, the Epcot locations cannot be beat. Although we did use and love the Dining plan, because the prices at these locations are much less, it more than makes up for not getting the dining plan and we never have packages delivered anyway. We loved ME, but also could use Mears or a taxi and still come out ahead over all money wise.
We will more than likely book at the Swan next trip. It will give us all we want for less money and the number of restaurants between the Swan adn Dolphin are the most that any WDW resort has to offer.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
They don't participate in the dining plan or Magical Express and you can't use your key to charge things back to your room from the parks.
But you get to use the park transportation, Extra Magical hours, you can have packages sent back to the hotel gift shop and they have their own refillable mug and if you drive your car to a park, you do not have to pay for parking.
And you can use the facilities at both the Swan & Dolphin. The location can't be beat for the discounts you can find for these hotels. And the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in!

DizneyRox
12-24-2007, 06:43 AM
:) ... don't know about transportation for sure, but I know we took the boat to Downtown once and they dropped some people off at the Swan....
Just a correction, you DID NOT take a boat from anywhere destined to Downtown Disney and drop anyone off at the Swan. Maybe Epcot or MGM, but definitely not Downtown Disney.

It's physically impossible.