PDA

View Full Version : Catal Question

DVC2004
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Can you view the DL fireworks from Catal's outdoor balcony?

Aisling
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Mmmm, I'm going to say yes, but there are a lot of trees in the way. You can see the fireworks that are up higher in the sky okay. You also have Naples restaurant right across the way and they have a tall sign as well as a higher corner building, so you'd be viewing over that as well.

NotaGeek
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Can you view the DL fireworks from Catal's outdoor balcony?

There's not really a good view of the fireworks from anywhere at DTD ... and unfortunately, Catal is one of the worst meals I have ever eaten at ANY Disney park.

Marla
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
I have been at Catal's during the fireworks, and you can see the ones that are up high. IMO, the fireworks are best viewed from in front of the castle. Also, I disagree with NotaGeek I have had several wonderful meals at Catal. The Ahi Salad is awesome! :tink:

MegaDisney
12-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Catal = :ack: IMHO

I will normally give a place a couple of chances before I pass judgment, but the meal I shared there with Michael was by far the worst dining experience I have ever had at the resort.

I had the duck and it was literally duck jerky! Dry and tough! How you can dry out a fatty piece of meat like duck to that extent is beyond me. Additionally the service was very slow and inattentive.

ON TOPIC: It is hard to see the fireworks anywhere in DtD, the show really should be enjoyed from inside the park.

DVC2004
12-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info. Any recommendations on a good sit down meal? This will be our third trip. We've done Blue Bayou twice, Napa Rose once (didn't care for our meal there unfortunately). Looking to try a new place this trip. Sounds like Catal won't be it! Any suggestions? Two adults, two kids. Thanks!

NotaGeek
12-26-2007, 12:40 AM
At the Disneyland Hotel, Hook's Point is really good and if you want a nice sit down Steakhouse 55 (formerly Granville's) is my favorite "nice" restaurant at the resort. If you like sushi, Yamabuki at the Paradise Pier is really good, too!