PDA

View Full Version : What night shows/ parades do you go to with preschoolers?

Mom2Boys
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
We went 2 years ago with a toddler and we saw the night one at MK around 9:00. He loved it and it worked out because he fell asleep after dinner 7:30-8:45 and then he was ready at 9 for the night fun. Now he is older 4 and a 6 year old with us. We thought we might try something at night again for sure. Stay with the one we went with last time or add a new one to the list. Epoct? MGM? Thank You!
Paige

tink179
12-18-2007, 01:41 PM
My kids really like fantasmic at MGM studios. We went last year and my ds's at the time were 6 and 3. Illuminations at Epcot is also a fav! :mickey:

BeccaO
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
My daughter loves SpectroMagic, and I must admit, that is my favorite too!!!!! When we go in January, it will be performed 4 nights while we are there, and I am thinking that I will go to all 4!!!!!! That is how much I enjoy it!!!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Another vote for Spectro... my little one isn't as old as yours, but she looooves it. It is just so colorful and really---happy? I don't have a good word for it. It is a nice end to a day. :o)

Fantasmic is pretty awesome... The characters and fireworks together make it a really unique show.

Illuminations... well, I love it, and my DD loves fireworks, so she will watch it, but she is definitely more into Wishes and Fantasmic...

crazykids
12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Why limit yourself? Go to as many as you can!

BronxTigger
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I would think a preschooler would like the parade at AK. It's called Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. It's usually at 4:00 and it has great catchy music that they want you to sing along with at parts. The floats are very colorful and they also have these cool giant animal things. Try to catch it if you can!

Tink#64
12-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Our 1st WDW trip my DS's were 4 & 6! They loved (and still love) all of the night time events. I think Fantasmic is still their favorite!

Many nights the youngest would fall asleep on the bus back to the resort, and back then, DH could easily carry him back to the room. Now he's 10 & he'll still go to sleep on the bus - but he's too big to carry!

I just try not to do 2 consecutive evenings of night time events, so that they get caught up on sleep a little bit. This and the afternoon break from the parks for a swim & some relaxing time has always worked well for us.

A night time even that you may not have thought of, is the Floating Electrical Pageant. Not as fantastic as the other events, but we all really enjoy it! :mickey:

BeccaO
12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I totally forgot about the electrical water pagaent, that has been there since I was a young tike and I so I always make sure that DD7 doesn't miss it!!!! She loves this as well. It also makes it special to me since it's an original from when only the Magic Kingdom was there. I remember staying at the Polynesian and watching it from the beach or the balcony when I was like 8 years old!!!

TBY2225
12-19-2007, 09:12 AM
My kids DD6 and DS2 love Spectromagic. The fireworks at Wishes and Illuminations scared my DS2 a little bit, but my DD6 loved them! If it isn't hot out, the afternoon parades are good too. They both enjoyed the MGM Stars and Cars parade. It was nice to see such a big mix of characters. Also the Jungle parade at AK was cool. DS really like the costumes and props they use. He kept pointing and saying Ohhh look. It was really cute.

wire0monkey
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
My 2 and (almost) 5 year old loved Fantasmic in September. They also really enjoy Illuminations. We've skipped "Wishes" so far, because it's really past their bedtime on most nights.

My kids also love the parades. Any parade. Every parade. The best parade, though, was the Family Fun Parade, because we fell in behind it and walked down Main Street after the parade. My son told everyone "We were in the parade!" (We weren't, but close enough for a preschooler.)

jenfriend
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
My kids LOVED Fantasmic! It was even drizzling and it was tops. This was my fav too. This one "plays" the earliest of all the evening specialties.

heidi614
12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Depending when your going, there may be a earlier nightime parade, Specro Magic a must. And the fireworks right after wishes. Also depending on the crowd you will probably have to get seats/curb at least an hour before. We usually go get a spot then one goes for snack/ice cream. Fantasmic is loud and maybe a little scary, depending on your kids. My kids as early as 5 loved it. The day you plan the long night, we go back and take a nap. There is no bedtime at disney for us!!! Too much Fun to do.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-02-2008, 09:46 AM
When our kids were younger, they loved MK Spectro Magic and MGM's Fantasmic...I think any age would like those, they are very fun to watch.:thumbsup: