PDA

View Full Version : Not to miss attractions at night time?

TBY2225
12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
DH and I will be in WDW in one month. This will be our first trip since 1997 without the kids, so for the first time we will be able to stay in the parks at night after the parades and fireworks. We were wondering what some good rides, shows, attractions of any kind that we should make sure to do at night. We will be in the MK and Epcot one night each, with a quick trip to MGM for Fantasmic on one of those nights! Thanks for the help!

Cinderelley
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I like riding Splash Mountain at night. You can look out and see all the lights on in the Magic Kingdom. I also like Big Thunder and the TTA at night.

cperry92380
12-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I would have to second the TTA and BTMR is nice too... just kinda hard to see the park moving by you so quickly.
I'd have to suggest Astro Orbiter if its not too busy, and you and DH don't have problems with heights. Very very nice view from up there!:thumbsup:

slegrant
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
A must see is Illuminations and while at Epcot Test Track is fantastic at night especially when the ride goes outside. At the Magic Kingdom Splash Mountain and Big Thunder are great, but also try Jungle Cruise, very cool at night !!

Enjoy your trip :mickey3:

#1donaldfan
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM
At night????? ummm.....Splash Mtn. / BTM / at the MK....AK....we loved KRR at night....that was the coolest ever...in a month though may be too cold...?? EE was great at night.....EP ...TT for sure.......MGM....TOT !! That's my nighttime picks......have fun.....:thumbsup:

MOJoe
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Most of the outdoor attractions are better at night. Astro Orbiter, Big Thunder, Dumbo, Cindy's Carousel, even the Haunted Mansion seems a little more creepy at night. And i won't even ride the Jungle Cruise during the day time.
At Epcot, Test Track is the best after dark. Also, i love World Showcase at night. The individual lands seem to be more "alive". For me, the only thing better than being at WDW, is being at WDW after sunset! :cool:

DisneyDoug2
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
If you have time after seeing Famtasmic, go on the Tower of Terror. Great view of the park when the doors open. Look quick!

cperry92380
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
At Epcot... World Showcase at night. The individual lands seem to be more "alive".:cool:
Yea... forgot to mention WS... LOVE it after dark. Its great during the day... but at night it just seems to be more 'authentic' for me and much more romantic!!!

JPL
12-18-2007, 01:07 PM
My Nighttime picks

MK
BTMRR
SM
JRC
TTA
HM

Epcot
TT

DHS
ToT

AK
Everest

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
:) I recommend Fantasmic at MGM, Illuminations at Epcot and Wishes and Spectro Magic at the Magic Kingdom....Have fun

wedway76
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
We like going on the Jungle Cruise at night. It has a completely different feel.

azdisneymom
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
TT, or so says my family. I am too chicken to try. :blush: I love Illuminations.

Lightning McQueen
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I think pretty much everything is better at night!

Especially...
Goofy's Barnstormer
Splash Mountain
Tower of Terror

Sir Notlob
12-21-2007, 03:12 PM
On my family's recent trip we were suprised to discover that The Pirates of the Caribbean is better at night.

Sounds silly. But when we went on it during the day, there was no line and after being in the sun, our eyes didn't adjust quickly enough to the dark and we had a hard time seeing.

Lack of sunshine is nighttime's primary feature. We rode again and saw everything just fine.

Kairi_7378
12-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Some of our nighttime favorites include: Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, BTMR, Splash Mountain, EE, and ToT. TTA is romantic after it gets dark!

poeticeclipse
12-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Splash Mountain and TTA at night are wonderful.

I like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster better at night as well because when you get out of the attraction the lighting feels very similar so you don't lose the tone.

comicguy
12-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Night time rides for us include:

MK:
TTA
BTMRR
Splash
Jungle Cruise(this just seems better at night)

EP
Test Track
walking around WS

MGM
Tower of Terror (This is better at night)

AK
Expedition Everest

And of course Wishes and Fantasmic!

Kairi_7378
12-22-2007, 09:11 AM
We also like to wander around Tomorrowland after dark.

GINNY69
12-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I say the best rides to go on in the dark is Big Thunder Mountain and The jungle cruise is better at night than during the day !!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2007, 07:33 PM
What, no AK?? I was going to suggest E:E at night. It is way better than daytime.

artyboy
12-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll second EE at AK after dark!

:mickey:

wdwcarrie
12-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Another vote for BTMRR and Splash at MK. One of my favorite memories from my last trip with DH was riding BTMRR over and over (no waiting) in the dark, then riding Splash and seeing the castle all lit up!

MickeyChick
12-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Isn't Fantasmic closed for a refurb during that time?

WDW_Obsessed
12-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I love BTMR and TTA for MK, but I personally think Epcot is the most romantic park at night:cloud9: We love walking around the world showcase at night when they light the big torches and wait for illuminations to start!

kakn7294
12-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I have to agree with everyone else's suggestions although we haven't ridden EE at night - the park isn't dark enough in the summer when it closes. We rode BTM a couple of years ago at night, somehow (inadvertently) managing to board just as Wishes started. It was really awesome! I also enjoy TTA at night - seeing the Castle and Main Street all light up.

dmosher
12-24-2007, 12:24 AM
1) Magic Kingdom - Carousel
2) Epcot - World Showcase... after the fireworks. Nothing more amazing than walking around The World Showcase Lagoon when no one else is around.
3) Magic Kingdom- Jungle Cruise

These are our favorites (though my wife hasn't done the cruise at night yet).

:pipes:
D