PDA

View Full Version : Dec DL Adventure - Day 3

Lacy
12-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Cast: Me (Disney-nut)
DH (Disney fan & first trip to DLR)

Day 3: Again, we started the day parked in the Timon lot and were to the park a little after 10 am. Our first stop was It's A Small World since we weren't able to ride the night before. I really enjoyed the holiday version. However, I was disappointed that they didn't have more It's a Small World Holiday merchandise.

Next stop, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I miss this ride at WDW so it was a lot of fun to ride it again. This and Storybook Land were our only Fantasy Land rides for the trip. While I enjoy the rides, DH and I just don't find them worth the waits. We headed to Toon Town for Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. DH is a Roger Rabbit fan so I was excited for us to ride this. However, it was very similar to Mr. Toad so we may have appreciated it more had we not just ridden toad. Nonetheless, DH is glad that they have a Roger attraction.

We walked through Tomorrowland to get Space fastpasses and challenge each other to another ride on Astro Blaster (DH won as usual) before heading to the Blue Bayou for lunch. We checked in about 10 min before our priority seating time and probably waited between 10 and 15 min. We didn't put in a table request and were seated in the second row of tables behind the water. We really like Cajun food and the atmosphere was great! DH got the salmon and I got the pork chops....both were quite good. I would recommend the Gumbo instead of the salad....the salad wasn't bad but the gumbo was better. After reading Bklyn Chick's trip report, I couldn't resist getting the Flying Dutchman for dessert and was glad we did.

We really enjoyed the BB but were tired after eating such a large meal in the middle of the day, so we headed to the resort for a break. After WDW, I really appreciate the ease of taking a mid-day break at DLR, even staying off-site.

We returned to DL around 4:30. Due to the cast member Christmas party, DL closed at 6. This would be our last time at DL so we wanted to make it back to ride some of our favorites. We were able to get on Space even though it was long after our fastpass return time (this is one of my favorite tips!). We watched Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. It was an enjoyable show I found the "Puddle Prance" quite funny. Our last stop at DL two trips on Haunted Mansion Holiday! :jack: At this point, we were really thrilled that we were able to make it to DL to see the HMH. Luckily, we were so still enjoying discussing all of the neat features of the HMH that we didn't mind the huge crowd all trying to exit the park at once.

As expected, everyone else was headed to DCA for the evening as well. So we decided to walk through DTD and try the Californian entrance. We wanted to look around the hotel as well....it is quite beautiful! And I am hoping to stay there on our next visit. We didn't have any problems using the hotel park entrance.

We rode Mulholland Madness, the Maliboomer, and California Screamin'. Mostly we spent time enjoying the night time atmosphere of Paradise Pier and took our time looking through some of the shops.

We had a fun but more relaxing day. Stay tuned for my review of the Segway tour in my last report. It is taking longer than I expected to get these written during this time of the year, but I'm really enjoying it.

NotaGeek
12-18-2007, 12:59 AM
:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
12-18-2007, 05:54 AM
I am so glad you got to see the Billys! Puddleprance is one of my favorites!! And how wonderful that you got to see the Nightmare overlay on Haunted Mansion. Sounds like you two had a really great day. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

BklynChick
12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Glad I was able to help out on the dessert choice! HMH is such a favorite of mine, it's been one of the highlights of my last two DL trips.