PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for our puppy Dash

kbvette
12-17-2007, 10:08 PM
We just got a six week old dachshund on Saturday. He has been very sick so we took him to the animal hospital today. He tested negative for Parvo, but they are going to do another test in the morning. Currently, he is on an IV, antibiotics, seditives, and medicine to calm his stomach. Please pray for our little boy. We find out how he tests for Parvo in the morning and what they can do for him either way. Please pray for him, he is like our child.

Kevin's wife, Kari

Beast_fanatic
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Lots of puppy :pixie: on the way!

MsMin
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Sending puppy :pixie: from our pup gang here :paw: Hope he gets well soon... :pixie:

RenDuran
12-18-2007, 04:58 AM
Poor little guy! As soon as you said possible parvo, I went back in time to when I worked at a vet clinic. Parvo has a very distinct odor....you never forget it! But I don't remember our clinic losing any dogs to it. Hope everything works out with Dash! :pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
12-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Poor little baby. I hope they get it figured out today and get him on the road to recovery. :pixie:

SBETigg
12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Love and :pixie: to Dash. Get well, puppy. I'm sorry you're going through this. It's hard to watch them hurting.

Figgyluv03
12-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Awww, sending you and your Dachsund some love from us and our Dachsund, Dasiy! :pixie:

buzznwoodysmom
12-19-2007, 09:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your new puppy is sick. I hope he gets better soon.

We are getting a new puppy on Friday. It is part of the boys Christmas present and they have no idea they are getting a puppy. Ours will be a six week old miniature dachshund and we plan to name him Dash as well!

MMouse6937
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Lots of puppy pixie dust on the way :pixie: for Dash. Keep us posted on his progress.

Crystal Palace
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Poor baby! What is Parvo? I will definately pray for the little guy. I know how it is with pets. They are like sweet little children!:(

mrsgaribaldi
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way. Let us know how he's doing.

kirbydog48
12-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Poor little Dash (and you!). Could he maybe be having a reaction to new food? Their digestive systems can be very sensitive. He's also very little to be away from Mom and the litter...should not leave until they're 8 weeks. Good luck with the litle guy!

RenDuran
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
My sister works at a vet clinic and they just received a dog that has parvo. He's doing okay, but the strange thing is the family had a dog die of parvo 3 months ago. The clinic that treated the original dog neglected to tell them that parvo lives in the environment for 6 months or more. So remember to not add to Dash's family anytime soon.

cperry92380
12-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear of his sickness. How is he doing, I see you haven't posted since the 17th?
Where did you get him from?
If you got him from a petstore, its very likely he's sick due to the conditions he (and his mom and other sibilings too) was raised in.
Six weeks is also too young to be away from his mother, 8 weeks is the minumum you'd want to take them away, since the longer they stay with mom the greater chance their little immune systems have to fight off illnesses in the future.