PDA

View Full Version : VMK Gingerbread House Competition

chrisb26
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
VMK Gingerbread House & Holiday Room Competition!

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got!

Build your best Gingerbread House or Holiday Room using the Holiday and Gingerbread pieces. Use a winter theme or any theme (Holiday Jungle Cruise, anyone?), but you must use Gingerbread and Holiday pieces in your room.

This is an individual room competition. You must submit your registration following our guidelines below:

1. The room MUST BE NAMED in the following way:
"Gingerbread House (your player name)"

2. When you register ONLY PROVIDE your player name and the name of the room you are entering in the competition.

3. Gingerbread Houses/Rooms will be judged by the following categories:

-Best Theme
-Most Creative
-Best Overall (this includes both most creative and best theme)

There will be 10 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.

Registration opens today, Monday December 17th at 4:00 P.M. PST. Only the first 2000 players that register (and do so following the guidelines) will be accepted.

When registration opens, you will find the VMK Gingerbread Competition Registration option in the 'Contact Us' menu. 'Contact Us' is located at the bottom of any vmk.com webpage.

When you register please make sure that you enter a valid email address that can receive messages from us. Registration will close when we have received 2000 player entries, the registration option will be removed from the 'Contact Us' menu. We will reply to the players that qualified during open registration.

Again, only the first 2000 players that follow the registration guidelines and enter the contest when registration is open will be judged.

Your Gingerbread house/holiday room must be completed by midnight December 25th.

Judging will begin on Wednesday, December 26th and end Sunday, January 13th. Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of January. A Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room once your room has been judged.

While it is not required, VMK encourages you to keep your room open during the event so other players can enjoy what you have created. Prizes for the event will be announced after registrations have been closed.

chrisb26
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I entered my room a little while ago and and have already got a confromation from them.

Since there is a limit of 2000 I would go and enter my room as soon as possible. They wont start the judging until the day after Christmas so you still have more then a week to build your room.

JPL
12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I enter last night as well and got an e-mail confirnation :thumbsup:

Chescat
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
After harrassment by JP, I entered the contest also. At least I got something done last night thanks to Dino and Nachocat to get in entered.

I just want that purple flag to match my other two. :)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
12-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Ah how funny this will be seeing you all being grumpy and having to wait for the staff to judge your rooms :D Good luck in the contest everyone :)

chrisb26
12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Ah how funny this will be seeing you all being grumpy and having to wait for the staff to judge your rooms :D Good luck in the contest everyone :)

Actually I dont think we have to sit in our rooms and wait. Especially since the judging lasts over 2 weeks that would be a bit crazy to do. Even if they expected this you probably wouldn't have to do it. I know during the Space Ride Competition I was in WDW riding the real space mtn while my room was judged.

chrisb26
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Looks like they got their 2000 people already vmk has updated the message from yesterday.

VMK Gingerbread House
& Holiday Room Competition!

Build your best Gingerbread House or Holiday Room using VMK's Holiday and Gingerbread pieces. Use a winter theme or any theme (Holiday Jungle Cruise, anyone?), but you must use Gingerbread and Holiday pieces in your room.
This is an individual room competition. You must submit your registration following our guidelines below:
1. The room MUST BE NAMED in the following way:
"Gingerbread House (your player name)"
2. When you register ONLY PROVIDE your player name and the name of the room you are entering in the competition.
PLEASE NOTE: If your name does not fit in the room title "Gingerbread House", please make sure you have your room titled "Gingerbread House," your room, provided you follow the other guidelines, will be judged.
3. Gingerbread Houses/Rooms will be judged by the following categories:
- Best Theme
- Most Creative
- Best Overall (this includes both most creative and best theme)
Your Gingerbread house/holiday room must be completed by midnight December 25th.
There will be 10 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.
Registration for this event is now closed. Again, only players that register following our guidelines exactly will be judged.
Judging will begin on Wednesday, December 26th and end Sunday, January 13th. Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of January. A Purple Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room once your room has been judged.
While it is not required, VMK encourages you to keep your room open during the event so other players can enjoy what you have created. Prizes for the event will be announced in a future edition of Yavn Speaks and the Event Info section of the VMK Newsletter.
Begin planning your Gingerbread Holiday treat today!

Personally I think this is terrible the registration was open for maybe 24 hours at the most. I don't understand why they are only allowing 2000 people to enter. What happened if for some reason yesterday you where unable to enter then today you where going to only to find out that it has closed already. In my opinion if they are taking more then two weeks to judge then they should really have allowed more. I'm just happy I was able to register yesterday. Sorry for all those who missed out :(

JPL
12-19-2007, 08:49 AM
After harrassment by JP, I entered the contest also. At least I got something done last night thanks to Dino and Nachocat to get in entered.

Oh Can i help you lose things when you build it and rebuild it and rebuild it again and again. I need some entertainment.

I guess this what Nachocat meant when she said sarcastic :blush:

And just think right now I am being good for :santa:

Patricia
12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Hmm.. I registered incorrectly the first time. Using the wrong name for my room, so I registered again.

I hope that worked.:confused:

chrisb26
12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
As long as you got an email saying

"Thank you for regestering" or something to that affect I believe your fine.

Chescat
12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I heard a lot of people double registered. I'm wondering if that's why the 2000 went so fast. I hope its not. :(

Oh Can i help you lose things when you build it and rebuild it and rebuild it again and again. I need some entertainment.

I guess this what Nachocat meant when she said sarcastic :blush:

And just think right now I am being good for :santa:
I made sure you weren't around that night that I built it. And no I won't lose ice pieces behind it since I didn't use ice this time. ;)

You have been behaving considering genie calls you the grinch!

WDWfanatic742
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
I have no doubt that at least a quarter of the people who registered, registered different accounts of their own. Just the nature of most players who play VMK, people believe that your not cool unless you win something. Unfortunately, there really is no way in seeing if the person has another account registered or not.

Marla
12-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Congratulations to all of you that entered and good luck. I was on vacation (at DLR) and was unable to register before the registration closed. :tink:

JPL
12-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Congratulations to all of you that entered and good luck. I was on vacation (at DLR) and was unable to register before the registration closed. :tink:

Aww :(

LittleDragonErin
12-22-2007, 09:48 AM

AWWW SNAPS!!! I forgot to register Monkey since he has the flag for the slide competition. Lol! So much for a complete set haha!

Thumper03
12-22-2007, 10:42 AM
We missed it too...and even had some rooms ready. :(

Though this is the first time in a long time that I had the urge to make a new room...I love the gingerbread stuff, and I'm off work until Jan 2nd...that's what I call inspiration.:thumbsup:

Oh well, Fan and I will just have to room hop to our Icot family for support.:hug:

Queen

OhGee
12-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I received a second email two days ago that said thank you for registering and listed the rules again. I hope that means I registered correctly. lol I must have read those instructions at least three times to make sure I registered correctly. If we had questions about how to register, I can imagine the amount of kids who didn't do it right. There might be a lot of disappointed kids who's room won't be judged because of a technicality.

Good luck to everyone who entered!

Chescat
12-22-2007, 01:36 PM
You would think that they would get it right after all these events. This happens everytime. What I meant by the double registering is not the mules, but the number of people that resubmitted because the rules were clarified after people submitted. You would hope they have in place a system that throws out double entries. That sure could be an evil way for people to make sure less people join up. :mad:

I did get two emails also.

Thanks JP, Dino and Genie for the help last night. And no, I'm not starting the room over. :blush:

trackbarroness
12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Good luck to all who managed to enter the competition. I was unaware of the competition or I would have entered some how.
At least I don't have to go scary trying to set up a room to be judged this time around.
Lololol

LittleDragonErin
12-23-2007, 12:14 AM
So "Gingerbread House LittleDragonErin" doesn't fit. But "Gingerbread House Little Dragon" does. Should I use that or just "Gingerbread House"?

chrisb26
12-23-2007, 01:33 AM
So "Gingerbread House LittleDragonErin" doesn't fit. But "Gingerbread House Little Dragon" does. Should I use that or just "Gingerbread House"?

You know I have heard both ways. I know the thing on the vmk site says have Gingerbread house but I think it was Phinny who said that you should put gingerbread house and as much of your title that will fit.

I personally dont think it matters as long as it has Gingerbread house in it. When you entered the competition you gave your vmk player title so I believe they will just look up your name and then they want the "Gingerbread House" part so when they are searching through your list of rooms they know which one they need to go in.

BronxTigger
12-23-2007, 08:46 AM

I am having the same problem. "Gingerbread House PrincessSlacker" does not fit, but "Gingerbread House Princess" does.

You know I have heard both ways. I know the thing on the vmk site says have Gingerbread house but I think it was Phinny who said that you should put gingerbread house and as much of your title that will fit.

I personally dont think it matters as long as it has Gingerbread house in it. When you entered the competition you gave your vmk player title so I believe they will just look up your name and then they want the "Gingerbread House" part so when they are searching through your list of rooms they know which one they need to go in.

I think I am going to put "Gingerbread House Princess" in the title, then in the description put my full PrincessSlacker title.

Thanks chrisb26 for the clarification.

LittleDragonErin
12-23-2007, 01:07 PM
I asked Fin today and she said whichever is fine. If we registered correctly, they will find us. :)

Oh my, Hosts stalking players now. O_o

Lol!

OhGee
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
AH! :santa3:

Patricia
12-23-2007, 09:30 PM
The reason mine was wrong is that I only went to contact us to read the instructions and it only said Gingerbread House <title>. So, for that reason I didn't know it had to be Gingerbread house patti until I got the auto response email laying out the details.. Figuring it would get thrown out for being wrong, I re-registered. :blush:

I'm not sure why it didn't state <username> in the "Contact Us" area..

chrisb26
12-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Just wanted to remind everybody that had a chance to enter the VMK Gingerbread House Room Competition know that Judging started today and will last until January 13th. Good Luck to everybody that entered!

TinkRocks
12-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, I think I can kiss the purple flag goodbye.

I registered on the 17th, 'cos Chescat told me to enter a.s.a.p. (I didn't know there was a competition 'til she told me).

When I registered, the 'Gingerbread Competition' was still an option on the 'Contact Us' pull down menu, but I still haven't received an e-mail confirmation.

I built a room anyway, with the hopes that the VMK staff have hearts, but on the other hand, I'm p'd off because they are taking two weeks to judge rooms, but only allowing 2000 entries? What are they doing - eating every gingerbread house as they visit?

It's not fair for all the VMK players that wanted to participate. I think the registration period should have spanned a few days, especially because it's the holiday season.

Oh well, another notch on the reasons for not playing VMK as much...

LittleDragonErin
12-28-2007, 01:07 AM
I got judged by Miss Lily today. It was actually a funny situation. I was in my room entertaining guests and I crashed. I came back and my room was empty except for my friend, Goofyjenn, who was afk. So I went to another friend's room. After a minute, Goofyjenn came in complaining she had been left all alone and couldn't move my flag. Flag?! O_o So I went back to my room and sure enough there was a purple flag that hadn't been there before. People started coming in again and I was kinda sad I missed whoever judged my room. Then Miss Lily showed up roaring about how I had just left her even though she said she was afk to rate room. -_-' Lol! She hung out for a bit to take pictures with some players.

mickeynuts
12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Lily judged my room last night too, I was so happy that I was there when she came by!
:cool: Laura

LittleDragonErin
12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I think it was a good move for management to give them this much time. The hosts look like they're enjoying themselves this time around and hanging out to chat with players after they rate the room.

chrisb26
12-28-2007, 06:03 PM
My room hasn't been judged yet. I heard that Hula told people that they are judging in the order you signed up. I signed up I believe around 5 VMK time the day they opened the registration. So not sure what the actual time was that they opened the registration.

Those of you that have been judged do you remember the about time you signed up?

LittleDragonErin
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Those of you that have been judged do you remember the about time you signed up?

Strange...I'm pretty sure I registered late since I didn't register until I got home that night from work. Probably around 8 p.m. (PST) I actually thought I didn't make the 2000 initially.

chrisb26
12-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Strange...I'm pretty sure I registered late since I didn't register until I got home that night from work. Probably around 8 p.m. (PST) I actually thought I didn't make the 2000 initially.

hmm that is strange guess that person was miss in formed then lol

LittleDragonErin
12-29-2007, 01:34 AM
hmm that is strange guess that person was miss in formed then lol

Of course it was Lily...she may have just seen my room in the popular list and decided to go then and there. *shrugs*

Tiggerdog
12-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I was judged sometime as well by some unknown host. If i weren't stuck visiting my sister in law and her family, I may have been in my room.

Did you know it rains a lot in Vancuver, WA? :rain:

OhGee
12-30-2007, 01:18 AM
I asked Lily if I was on her list and she said yes. I figured it didn't hurt to ask. No flag yet though!

JPL
12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
No Flag yet either :(

chrisb26
12-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Well I went into my room today and had a flag waiting for me!!

All that waiting and I still missed them :( lol

Oh well at least I know I've been judged!

JPL
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Still no flag :(

JPL
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM

LittleDragonErin
01-03-2008, 04:04 PM

I've seen a couple people accidentally get gingerbread blocks instead of flags (replaced with a photo apology later)...so check if you have an extra block...hahaha!

Jeremy
01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
I got a flag yesterday.
I went in my room and there it was.
I was wondering why there is different color flags?

chrisb26
01-05-2008, 01:13 PM
I got a flag yesterday.
I went in my room and there it was.
I was wondering why there is different color flags?

There are different color flags because each VMK Competition has received a different color flag. For example the teal colored flag was awarded from the Space Mtn Ride Competition. Not sure which flag goes with which other competition since I wasn't here for it but I believe the Blue flag was from the Water Ride Competition but not positive.

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I still don't have a flag. :(

TinkRocks
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, I think I can kiss the purple flag goodbye.

I can now confirm that miracles do, indeed, happen!!!

Sometime in the past 24 hours, a beautiful purple flag appeared in my gingerbread room!

Anyone else notice that the purple flag looks mysteriously like a flag, and not a flower?

Jeremy
01-05-2008, 07:12 PM
There are different color flags because each VMK Competition has received a different color flag. For example the teal colored flag was awarded from the Space Mtn Ride Competition. Not sure which flag goes with which other competition since I wasn't here for it but I believe the Blue flag was from the Water Ride Competition but not positive.

oic, thx for the info:thumbsup:
I was in someone room and they had a blue flag
and mine is purple so i just got lost. lol
:)

JPL
01-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Still no Flag :cry:

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 10:54 PM

Same here. :(

WDWfanatic742
01-06-2008, 04:40 PM
How much longer you have left before the end of the competition? :confused:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
After reading all this, I think you all have a serious case of no-flag depression :P

chrisb26
01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
How much longer you have left before the end of the competition? :confused:

The competition ends next Sunday 1/13 and winners are supposed to be announced the next day Monday 1/14.

Tiggerdog
01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Fige, if it makes you feel better, I was room hopping today and none of the rooms i saw starting with "F" have been judged.

BronxTigger
01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Fige, if it makes you feel better, I was room hopping today and none of the rooms i saw starting with "F" have been judged.

What about rooms starting with P?

chrisb26
01-06-2008, 11:38 PM
What about rooms starting with P?

I think each host has a certain set of letters so

Phinny = A - I
Lily = J - P
Hula = Q - Z

Now this isn't for sure its just an estimate but it seems to be kind of how its going with watching people getting judged.

Patricia
01-07-2008, 01:14 AM
I had a flag in my room this afternoon. :)

OhGee
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Finally got my flag yesterday. I was out all day and found it when I logged in at 8:30pm. I had hoped to be in my room when it was judged but I'm just glad it is done now.

BronxTigger
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I have a flag!

JPL
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
No flag :mad:

Patricia
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Looks like it was the "O's and P"s" turn. :)

Figgiefig must be down the list..

chrisb26
01-12-2008, 11:31 PM
No Flag yet either :(

No flag :mad:

Well it took many posts of "still no flag" But it has finally happened because today JP received his Flag!!!:joy::mjump::figment: