PDA

View Full Version : We are a marketer's dream!

Christine
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I can't believe this! We watched the Samantha Brown Travel Channel holiday at WDW special last week (as so many of us did).

DH said, several times all week/weekend, "I wish we were going!"

I said, "No...not only do we not need to go financially, there's no way we could get a room at this late date, and NO way we could get a reasonable flight."

Well, today I had to prove that to myself to make SURE I wasn't making a mistake, and lo and behold, things opened up literally before my eyes! At first when I tried to find a room, it was giving me NOTHING. Then BAM, Sports came up !

Then I tried flights. Found nothing for the 3 of us under $2000. Tried to go to Cheap Tickets and accidentally typed "Cheap Flights" (not even knowing that was an actual website) where BAM, they had non-stop flights out of DFW for $225 per person!

So now we are booked for Dec. 24- Jan. 3 at Sports. We're going to get APs of course, so we won't have to buy tix for our Spring Break trip (see, this trip is SAVING us money! :D)

Then I told DH that since we'll have APs, and will be doing Christmas, New Years, and Easter in WDW, we may as well go for Halloween too! I haven't heard from him since! :secret: :blush:

This is probably one of the craziest things we've ever done, but hey, life's short, right?

And all because we watched a TV show...

murphy1
12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Christine, you crack me up!! I love your sense of adventure!! Yes, enjoy!! I keep telling my mom "why did I go on biz to Orlando all the time and just pishah Disney!!" LOL!! You know I want to see pics! I should join you and Em in March seriously!

PS I took the girls to Toys R Us this weekend since my mom and dad gave them Christmas money and I was squealing b/c I found the Mary Poppins Barbie AND a Michael and Jane set!!

Emily
12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Shari, I think you should come down in March! :D

Christine is corrupting me... ;) I am actually thinking of going BACK for New Year's Eve weekend now! I would book the room right now if I didn't have to talk to my boss tomorrow. That's going to be a fun conversation! Hopefully she'll be cool about me having the 31st off. :fingers:

I'm so happy for you guys, Christine!!! :santa3:

BronxTigger
12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I hope you have a great time!

I saw the show and I want to go so bad but I just can't. I'm glad you're going for me!

Christine
12-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Christine is corrupting me... ;) I am actually thinking of going BACK for New Year's Eve weekend now!

If that's the LEAST way I corrupt you, then consider yourself lucky! ;) :D:marg:

Christine
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
should join you and Em in March seriously!

PS I took the girls to Toys R Us this weekend since my mom and dad gave them Christmas money and I was squealing b/c I found the Mary Poppins Barbie AND a Michael and Jane set!!

Definitely you should come in March!

And thanks for the heads up on the Mary Poppins barbie! I'm off to check on that!

Beast_fanatic
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Christine! You are a spoiled brat! :fresh: lol!

I'm SOOOOOO jealous! :envy:

McGoofy
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
That is awesome!:mickey: I love planning last minute Disney trips!

You will love your AP's, and then you will always think of an excuse to go! We have had our AP's for a few years now, and we always say we aren't going to renew them, and then we do! It's addictive!!:D Watch out!!

Have an awesome time! I will just miss you. We'll be there 12/18-12/22.

Christine
12-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Christine! You are a spoiled brat! :fresh: lol!

Don't I know it! :thumbsup:

You will love your AP's, and then you will always think of an excuse to go! We have had our AP's for a few years now, and we always say we aren't going to renew them, and then we do! It's addictive!!:D Watch out!!

Have an awesome time! I will just miss you. We'll be there 12/18-12/22.

Unfortunately we know too well the addiction of APs! We had them for two years and vowed never to buy them again! But since we KNOW we're going in again in March, we just HAD to get them! ;) I have a sick feeling there will be more trips before they expire.

I hate that we'll miss you! Have a great trip!

Tink&Goofy
12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
I am jealous! The spur of the moment trips are the most exciting!! I did this for the Intercot meet in October with only 2 weeks notice - and it was a blast. I think it keeps me from "over planning"! :D

Are you going to try to make any ADRs - or just wing it?

Jeff G
12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
After reading the result this show had on you I'm glad we TiVo'd it and haven't had time to watch it yet.

Have a fun spontaneous trip!

Christine
12-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Are you going to try to make any ADRs - or just wing it?
Honey, we have no business doing this trip (much less for this long of a stay) so I foresee a LOT of counterservice in our future! And most of that shared 3 ways! :D

After reading the result this show had on you I'm glad we TiVo'd it and haven't had time to watch it yet.

:funny:

alongfortheride
12-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Honey, we have no business doing this trip (much less for this long of a stay) so I foresee a LOT of counterservice in our future! And most of that shared 3 ways! :D

Speak for yourself...I'm eating GOOD! :cool:

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM

:funny::funny:

Does that meal you get to eat a WHOLE hamburger?

DizNee143
12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
that is very awesome!!
i am very jealous!!
hope you and your family have a blast!!! :mickey:

Tink&Goofy
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
And all because we watched a TV show...
Our first trip all started with a cheap airfare when I was trying to figure out a place to go...and ended with a DVC purchase (BEFORE our first trip!).

My recommendation? Don't go near any DVC kiosks...

DisneyWhirled
12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats to you!! Have a wonderful time!! I am sooo jealous :)

SBETigg
12-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Awesome! I saw that special and I wanted to do the same thing, but didn't. Have a wonderful time!

Ian
12-18-2007, 02:45 PM
If that's the LEAST way I corrupt you, then consider yourself lucky!Yeah, I mean her username is "cantgetenuff" ... I can only imagine what else she's capable of. ;)

Em was trying to talk me into abandoning all sense of reality and coming down then, too. I had to fight back the urge to start checking out prices. :D

Have fun!! :mickey:

Christine
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM

Whatever you say...:rolleyes:

:funny::funny:

Does that meal you get to eat a WHOLE hamburger?
Maybe I'll let him for Christmas!

Our first trip all started with a cheap airfare when I was trying to figure out a place to go...and ended with a DVC purchase (BEFORE our first trip!).

Thanks for the warning...definitely noted!

Yeah, I mean her username is "cantgetenuff" ... I can only imagine what else she's capable of. ;)

Em was trying to talk me into abandoning all sense of reality and coming down then, too. I had to fight back the urge to start checking out prices. :D

Have fun!! :mickey:Quiet, you! ;)
Bye the way my good man, weren't you supposed to do something about that name???

I wish ya'all would come down...isn't that what DVC membership is for? Frequent trips??

Christine
12-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh, and John:

A) you need to update your signature...you left off our upcoming 03/08 trip! (newbie! :rolleyes:)

B) What are you doing on here? Shouldn't you be working to pay for said trips?? ;)

alongfortheride
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh, and John:

A) you need to update your signature...you left off our upcoming 03/08 trip! (newbie! :rolleyes:)

That's gonna cost ya...:plot:

B) What are you doing on here? Shouldn't you be working to pay for said trips?? ;)

I'm multi-taking...:cool:

Christine
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm multi-taking...:cool:

Is that anything like "multi-taSking"??? ;)

alongfortheride
12-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Is that anything like "multi-taSking"??? ;)

I don't like you very much...:mad:

Christine
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM

And just think...you get to spend 11 days straight with me in WDW next week!! :D

murphy1
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi, Mr. Christine!!! It's nice to meet you! You have a wonderful wife, she is spectacular and much loved here! I am married to a John, too.

TikiGoddess
12-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes, this thread is the reason I have uninstalled DING on my computer. I haven't looked at airfares for months now, since that is always the way trips happen. "Honey, SW has $116 round trip fares to Orlando... how can I pass that up??"

Have a great time, Christine!!! You must promise to post a trip report and pics though, so we can live vicariously through you. :D (typed as I look out the window at a foot of snow)

Kathy

Christine
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi, Mr. Christine!!!
Oooooo, "Mr. Christine"...I like that! John, be prepared...I am SO gonna start calling you that! Thanks Shari!:thumbsup:

Yes, this thread is the reason I have uninstalled DING on my computer. :funny:

You must promise to post a trip report and pics though, so we can live vicariously through you. :D
I promise!

alongfortheride
12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I knew I should have stayed in my photography forums...

Tink&Goofy
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I like your idea is better. :D

Thanks for the warning...definitely noted!
Course maybe it would be cheaper in the long run...

:funny:

Oooooo, "Mr. Christine"...I like that! John, be prepared...I am SO gonna start calling you that! Thanks Shari!:thumbsup:
Why does this make me think of the TV show "The New Adventures of Old Christine"?

Shouldn't you guys be packing???

Christine
12-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Shouldn't you guys be packing???

You'd think so, wouldn't you??? :blush: