PDA

View Full Version : Reservation Question

wendybird
12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Just visited Disneyland Sunday night for the fireworks. Tried to take my dad for his much desired Monte Cristo sandwich. I didn't even bother with Blue Bayou, as I more than figured it was booked. Was very surprised when we tried the cafe across the way (I think it is the New Orleans Cafe). When asked how long for a party of 4, we were told they were not taking any walk-ins, only reservations and were booked solid. Since when can you make a reservation for the cafe? I always thought that the Blue Blayou was the only restaurant in DL that took reservations . . .

NotaGeek
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Things changed over a year ago. When Disney remodled the restaurants in New Orleans Square they revamped the cafe and it's now the 2nd sit-down location in the park ... and less expensive than BB, while also offering a Monte Cristo.

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I am going to DL in April and am interested in Cafe Orleans, but I have a few questions.

1. I read in the Unofficial Guide that they have beignets for breakfast. Are these the same that they have at POFQ at WDW? And are they only available at breakfast? And do you need reservations for that?

2. How early can you make reservations at DL? I read somewhere it was 60 days.

3. What is the phone number to call?

4. Anything else I'm missing that's important to know about dining in DLR?

Thanks!

NotaGeek
01-05-2008, 10:41 PM
No idea about the beignets in Cafe Orleans, but for April I would definitely call for a priority seating reservation for breakfast in the park ... if you are there Monday-Thursday it won't be as bad, but LOTS of people like breafast at DLR, me included!

You are correct, Priority Seating reservations can be made 60 days in advance and the number is (714) 781-DINE (3463)

Aisling
01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
If they don't have beignets at Cafe Orleans (I think they do, in Mickey shapes even!) then Ralph Brennan's in DTD has amazing beignets and you can get them all day. They open pretty early too, so you can stop by on your way to the parks. Just an alternative option for you!

BronxTigger
02-02-2008, 10:19 PM
If they don't have beignets at Cafe Orleans (I think they do, in Mickey shapes even!) then Ralph Brennan's in DTD has amazing beignets and you can get them all day. They open pretty early too, so you can stop by on your way to the parks. Just an alternative option for you!

For some reason I didn't see this until today. :confused: (I hang out in the Intercot's blue section, lol).

Thanks for the advice...you better believe I'll be stopping there! POFQ turned me into a beignet monster!

BrerGnat
02-03-2008, 02:11 PM
If you want a Monte Cristo, it is $3 cheaper at the Cafe Orleans vs. the Blue Bayou, FYI.

The Cafe Orleans DOES sometimes take Walk Ups. I walked up on a Friday evening not too long ago (many other people did the same) and I had to wait about 30 min, but just so you know, they DO take walk ups occasionally.

For Beignets, get them at the Jazz Kitchen Express. It's a counter service place. They also serve breakfast there...

Aisling
02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks BrerGnat, I forgot it's the Jazz Kitchen Express. All I could think of was Ralph Brennans. That might have confused him, I appreciate the clarification.
Dang, now I really want a beignet!