PDA

View Full Version : How late does the resort monorail run?

Disnamic Duo
12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
We'll be staying at the CR in January and we plan to go to evening EMH at Epcot one night. Will we be able to get back to CR by way of the monorail (to TTC, then the resort loop) at midnight?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes, you'll be fine.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-18-2007, 01:16 AM
And if not, it's only a short 5 minute walk.

But it runs about 2 hours after park closing (the final closing for EMH guests).

TammiMcMan
12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
And if not, it's only a short 5 minute walk.Actually, they're coming back from Epcot, so they would need to either take the bus or monorail.

AwPhooey
12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Is TTC to CR really a five minute walk? I've never done it before because, on a map, it seemed like it would take much longer.

TammiMcMan
12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Is TTC to CR really a five minute walk? I've never done it before because, on a map, it seemed like it would take much longer.It's a 5 minute walk from the TTC to the Poly. There are no sidewalks available, so you cannot walk from the TTC to the CR.

Disnamic Duo
12-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Great! Thanks for the replies. This is going to be a great benefit of staying at the CR!

Scar
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
There are no sidewalks available, so you cannot walk from the TTC to the CR.There was a thread a few weeks ago where I suggested walking from WL to The Poly. Everyone told me and to OP not to do it. I related my pleasant experience about walking once from POP to The Dolphin. I grew up in the country (well, at least country for New Jersey), so maybe I'm a little naive, but there were no sidewalks and I walked everywhere. Since when are sidewalks a prerequisite for walking?

AbeeNormal
12-18-2007, 02:40 PM
There was a thread a few weeks ago where I suggested walking from WL to The Poly. Everyone told me and to OP not to do it. I related my pleasant experience about walking once from POP to The Dolphin. I grew up in the country (well, at least country for New Jersey), so maybe I'm a little naive, but there were no sidewalks and I walked everywhere. Since when are sidewalks a prerequisite for walking?

I totally agree with you , I have a feeling it has to do with a safety concern of WDW, maybe there's a "no sidewalk" = "no walking" policy :)

TammiMcMan
12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Sinlce when are sidewalks a prerequisite for walking?In many places, it's fine. However, when it involves walking along the side of a highway, that may not be the safest thing to do. I believe local laws prohibit it or at least Disney does not encourage that practice.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-19-2007, 03:50 AM
Ah, I didn't see the part about Epcot.

I didn't think they kept the resort monorails going from TTC for Epcot after MK's closing.