PDA

View Full Version : Buses to MK from POFQ....lots of stops, long?

Mom2Boys
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Just a quick question....
We stayed at the WL 2 years ago.It was wonderful. Now we are going with family and some just don't want to $$ stay there. So POFQ was a maybe go for all of us. When we stayed at WL the ease of getting to MK was well easy. What is it like at the POFQ with the bus system getting to MK and other places. Do you go to 5 stops before getting there? I would like to make mid day trips back to the hotel due to a special needs child. Might need to take a break and come back. If the buses are not a problem then we will go with POFQ. (I will miss WL:secret:) ;)
Paige

#1donaldfan
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, it's not WL, that's for sure...but for a mod the POR's are great....the busses do stop at several places.....from PORFQ to POR with several stops, but it's not "THAT" bad.....we've only stayed at POR AB, and absolutley loved it...as a matter of fact it's the only place we EVER want to stay.....we save some green and have a great time.....never gave it too much thought of the time it took to ride the busses.....the rides kinda give you a second or two to "unwind" and mentally prepare for the rest of the day...have a great time:mickey:

sgdisney
12-17-2007, 10:07 AM
The buses stop at POFQ first, then make the loop around POR's four stops. It sounds like a lot of stops, but it really does not take very long. The buses are very quick in and out of all the stops.

AuntDJ
12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
The trip TO the MK you stop at up to 5 stops..coming back FQ is the first stop. So it is really not that bad..

I love the POFQ so I recommend it to everyone.

Have Fun!
DJ

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Another vote for POFQ!

We stayed there on our last trip, and have booked our next trip there as well. The busses aren't nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be. FQ is the first stop, so you always get a seat, and you're dropped off first on the way back home.

We found that about 50% of the busses went onto Riverside, picking up from those stops as well. It doesn't take long (10 minutes max), but it really wasn't a problem.

We like the atmosphere of FQ, and the small size is great, you're never too far from anything!

Enjoy!

Mom2Boys
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank you for all the info! Sounds like the buses are not all that bad for getting to places. I think we are still thinking about POFQ and the WL. I think the WL is winning out. We are making all plans tomorrow. Thank you!
Paige

MOJoe
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
At POFQ, if your bus fills up, you leave and go directly to MK, and the rest. If you don't fill up, then the driver goes to the Riverside stops until he has a full bus, and then you head to the parks. When we stayed there, many times we left the bus stop and went straight to the park. Several times we went to Riverside for one or two stops. Only once or twice did we go through all 5 stops.
POFQ is nice, but it is not just a stone's throw away from MK as the WL is. But for a "Mod", it is as good as any.

wdwnomad
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
When I was at POFQ in September the MK bus in the mornings around when the park first opened went directly to the MK. It never stopped at at POR even if the bus wasn't full. In the evenings POFQ had its own line to return to the resort.

Like everyone else said, the French Quarter is always the first stop when picking up and dropping off for all of the other parks. That was always nice. Also, once the bus was full it went directly to the park. Only a few times did we make all of the other stops. Once you leave the resort it probably took no more than 15 minutes to get anywhere.

The other nice thing about POFQ is the boat to Downtown Disney. If you liked the boat to MK from WL then this might be a nice alternative.

Kairi_7378
12-18-2007, 06:12 AM
The others have given some great information about bus ride length for FQ and RS. I'd just like to add that we thought that the resort was in a great location, about equidistant from all of the parks. (Well, maybe not AK, but the other 3). Both FQ and RS have a lot to offer to a family, and you should have a great time if you decide to go there. Have fun!

garymacd
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
POFQ is our favourite moderate resort for several reasons. The bus rides are one of the main reasons. As everyone has pointed out, you get picked up and dropped off first, and early buses to MK are yours and yours alone!

PO is situated centrally so all bus rides are about the same length.

You have great theming for the resort and rooms, including a really scary dragon slide at the pool.

One thing I didn't see anyone else mention is that FQ and RS are the only places in WDW I have seen that offers beignets on the menu. You gotta try these bad boys!:cloud9:

You are also saving maybe $70 - 100 per night.

Brian
12-24-2007, 12:36 AM
We stayed at POFQ in April. The buses weren't bad at all. Sometimes they'll make the loop and stop at the PO Riverside stops. Other times, they'll leave for your destination directly from POFQ.

One thing weird we experienced, though, was that Disney would sometimes use non-Disney buses to bus people around. It was weird seeing a chartered non-Disney bus pull up. People were confused and didn't have a clue that it was a legitimate bus to get around Disney property.