PDA

View Full Version : Disney Insaniac?

CanadianFan
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
I will be taking my first ever Disney vacation in January with DH, DS7, DS3, DMiL and DFiL. My DH's brother and wife are starting to think that I am going just a little overboard about this trip: I have read 8 different guide books from the library, filled my iPod with Disney music, made a travel journal for DS, have a Disney countdown chain in our kitchen, spoken to DS teacher about Disney-fying his homework, signed up for Intercot ;) , consulted websites, printed menus, made ADRs, and I talk about it ALL THE TIME!! :mickey: Is Disney Insania a treatable condition, or should I just "suffer" until January 24? (which just happens to be my 36th Birthday :party: -- how cool is that?!?)
I figured that if anyone would know the best way for a Disney Insaniac to seek treatment, Intercotees would know all about it :thumbsup:

38 days left!!

faline
12-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds like you've got everything under control to me! :D

Seriously, the more planning you do - especially for a first trip - the better time you will have! Just be sure not to plan things down to the minute and leave time in your schedule to enjoy the unexpected - instead of rushing off to the next thing on your list!

Have a wonderful time! :mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Sounds like you may be showing some initial symptoms. :thumbsup:

Check back after your trip and tell us if you're planning the next one already.

ZaneZoyaMomma
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I laugh not at you but because you sound like me! And the 37 cm of snow we got yesterday isn't inspiring me to stay here.. ( yes I'm from Ottawa too!)

Have a great trip... and we'll see you there. I'll be the one hugging Mickey until they force me to leave....

36 days to go!!!

CanadianWDWFan
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Just think, even after all this snow (we only got 30 cm) we got, in a few short weeks you will be off to the WORLD!!!

As for the insane bit, I don't know what you are talking about! :crazy: But you sure did find the right place to ask about it.

You are doing the right thing though. Planning things out helps avoid the confusion once you are down there. Ask lot of questions here and it will all be answered. One piece of advice though, be flexible in you plans. Once you get down there, if you can't get to do something, don't sweat it. Just move on to something else.

Tink#64
12-18-2007, 12:20 AM
:welcome:

Your're in good company! We're all crazy - for Disney - that why we're all here! :crazy:

Actually you sound a lot like me too! I had to laugh when I read your post about reading all of the guide bookds. I love to read them, and I LOVE to plan! It's the next best thing to being there!

I hope you have a magical trip! :tink:

Jeff G
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Your at the wrong place asking those silly questions. Everything you described sounds typical of us Intercotee's. If they think our crazy wait until your home a week or two and you start planning your next trip:D.

By the way welcome to Intercot!

CanadianFan
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
:thanks:Thanks for the support, fellow Insaniacs :mickey: I guess I *know* in my head that we won't see everything, especially since we are planning daily back-to-the-hotel times for naps and swims, but that just won't sink in until we get there (or so I am told! :secret:) Merry Christmas to all, and enjoy the snow, fellow Canadians!:snowball:

divinedi
12-18-2007, 02:29 PM
You're only as insane as the rest of us, and I think it's worse for those of us buried under a ton of snow, wishing and planning our Disney trips is the only way to get through it!!!! I just picked up my Passporter 2008, haven't got a chance to look through it yet, I'm at work :secret:, but can't wait, I have other books too, can't get enough Disney!!! Have a terrific trip, and think, if only for a fleeting second, of the rest of us Canadians trapped up here in the snow:snowball: and can't get there until, for me, May!!!!

AbeeNormal
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
I too am an Insaniac about Disney and Intercot for that matter. I'm going on my first trip as well and as you can see I haven't even been and I have over 500 posts now that's insane, but I love:heart:, love:heart: , love:heart: it here. It's second best to being at WDW.

Have a great time:hi: and just come here when you need to let out the Disney we know your not crazy just in love with Disney just like us.:tiphat:

tinksmom02
12-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong in all the planning you've done/are doing LOL

Unfortunately, there is no cure for the Disney disease, but you're among friends here.

Polynesian Dweller
12-18-2007, 10:22 PM
There is no known treatment and a trip to WDW only worsens the condition. :doctor:

But the real question is, why would you want to treat it. Its the best and most fun mania there is. :silly:

I would suggest one thing, don't over plan and don't try to do abosultely everything. One great piece of advice Rick Steeves has for travelling is to assume you will be back. And, if my diagnosis of your condition is accurate, you WILL be back. :thumbsup:

Have a great time and remember us here in frozen Ontario.

BsGrl
12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I agree with Polynesian Dweller, going only makes it worse! I will be there Jan. 6th with my DD and Mom, her first trip since mid 70's, when Epcot was still in the making! Plan, plan, plan but stay flexible. Have a great trip!

18 days and counting!:mickey: