PDA

View Full Version : Huge Relief! The Osbourne Family Lights at MGM...

SignguyTom
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
...are NOT named from the "Ozzy" Osbourne family! :whew:

There are probably a lot of people out there who are saying, "Ummm, duh..." :rolleyes:

It never occurred to me to ask, and I never heard otherwise, even here on Intercot, so I guess I just assumed they were named after Ozzy. But, nope - they are named after a family in Little Rock, Arkansas. The daughter asked her dad to put up some lights for Christmas a few years ago, and he went "above and beyond" to say the least. He even bought a couple houses around him and extended his show down the block. Disney heard about it, and the rest is history.

Now, nothing against Ozzy, but I always kind of found it a weird match between him & Disney. I guess there was never a match after all! :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Just the other day the travel channel had another Disney special on ( don't you just love watching those !!)..anyway, they introduced and gave the full explaination of the lights. I had heard about them before, years ago, but had never seem 'em.....wow.......I am impressed enough to plan a future trip just to see them......they looked great !!! You do know that some of the lights are originals (the same the Osbournes used.......:thumbsup:

Carol
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
The names are spelled differently. ;)

and I never heard otherwise, even here on IntercotCheck out Info Central. :thumbsup:

WDW_Obsessed
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
I saw that on the Travel channel Holidays at Disney show too! I knew that it wasn't Ozzy's family, but I thought it was cool that they showed pictures of the family and gave a little background on the whole thing:thumbsup: I just love those travel channel shows on Disney...it makes my day:cloud9:

scottgr
12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
I saw the special on the travel channel the other week. It looked so cool. I am planning to get there in a couple years during the christmas time.
:santa:

DawsonAR
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
It was awesome when they were in Little Rock on his house. They were beautiful. However they caused such a traffic problem many people complained.

They seem to be a great success at Disney World, but we miss seeing them every year.

AdventurerKim
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I love those Travel Channel shows about WDW because watching them tides me over until my next trip. I love seeing the Osborne lights every year, although I liked them better when the houses from the backlot were there and you could walk through and look at the lights. Still, the dancing lights are fun to watch. :mickey:

kdsjjb
12-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Alright, I'm going to give you an insight to my personality here :secret:

I am the type of guy who loves to ask my wife silly questions while we're at WDW, to see what kind of reaction I can get from people around us. :thedolls:

Some samples are:

When are we going to see Mickeys castle?

(At any park except MK) Are we going to Disney World tomorrow?

AND...

Why does Disney care about Ozzy Ozborne's Christmas lights?

There are several others, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Sometimes makes for some very interesting conversations with other guests. ;)

Marker
12-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Actually, I think a display of Ozzy's Christmas lights could be pretty darned interesting.

But, just to clear up any further confusion....

- George Wallace the comedian, is not the same person as George Wallace the former Governor of Alabama.

- George Clinton the musician, is not former president Cinton's brother.

- Jesse James (the custom motorcycle builder), Jesse James (Dupree, lead for group Jackyl) and Jesse James (the outlaw), are in fact 3 different people.

:silly: :laughing: Sorry, but somebody had too :laughing: :silly: