PDA

View Full Version : Old Disney Cartoons with the Forest Ranger?

alphamommy
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Does anyone else remember the Disney cartoons with the ranger? He was frequently ordering the park bears around. I can't remember the ranger's name (or even if he had one).

Are any of these available on DVD? I'd love to introduce DD to him!

Thanks,
Tammy

TheDuckRocks
12-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Wasn't he also in the one with Donald Duck at the Grand Canyon? I can picture him exactly but can't remember if he ever had a name that we heard.

Altair
12-16-2007, 05:12 PM
The Ranger's name was J. Audubon Woodlore. :drill:
"Pick the paper up
put it in the can,
Bump bump"

Just do a search of his name for lots of informantion.

JPL
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
They also starred Humphrey the Bear who can be found as a mascot at Wilderness Lodge at WDW :thumbsup:

Steve Brown
12-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I would also love to know if you can get these cartoons on DVD.

tinkwest
12-17-2007, 11:50 AM
You can find two of Ranger J. Audubon Woodlore's shorts - "Hooked Bear" and "In the Bag" - on the Walt Disney Treasure Disney Rarities Celebrated Shorts 1920s - 1960s. If they ever come out with a WDT The Chronological Donald Volume 4 I'm sure it would include the three adventures with Donald and the Ranger - "Grin and Bear It", "Grand Canyonscope", and "Breezy Bear". You may also remember the Ranger from his appearances on the "Wonderful World of Disney" (or whatever the title may have been at the time of it's airing) TV show. Here he was a part of several shows combining earlier shorts. One show I particularly remember is The Ranger of Brownstone. Lots of Humphrey the Bear in that one. Don't think those TV show appearances are available anywhere.