PDA

View Full Version : Disney Custom Soundtrack

Jobasha3000
12-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey, I'm new here. Just wanted to see what other people listened to in the other parks on their various music devices if not listening to the music playing in the park. For me I was listening to oHgr : welt the whole time I was in epcot, and mostly listening to folk rock in the other parks. I'm interested to see what other people listen to in each park! Also, what are the abbreviations used so frequently on these boards? I think I'm inferring some of them but not getting others .... the D_ ones where the _ is another letter D stands for disney right?

BronxTigger
12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

A lot of information can be found at the InfoCentral tab across the top of each page.

Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp)is the abbreviation list.

As for music in the parks, I listen to whatever is coming out of all those hidden speakers. I love the ambiance of the music Disney plays, so I listen to it while I can!

Jobasha3000
12-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Thank you very much!

While the ambient music is good, it can get a bit overwhelming at times and it feels good to hear familiar music.

Main Street Jim
12-16-2007, 07:39 AM
If you're referring to the "DD", "DS", "DH", "DW", etc., it's usually referring to a relative: "dear daughter" or "darling daughter" is "DD"; "DS" would be "dear son"; etc. Like Tigger said, check out the "Abbreviation List" here and it'll help ya out ;)

LOL...I'd be curious to know what "oHgr : welt"
is...:D

Jobasha3000
12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Thank you again for stuff about the abbreviations, though I still like to pretend it stands for Disney Husband or something like someone you met at disney.

To answer your question, oHgr is the band (headed by the lead singer of Skinny Puppy should anyone here happen to listen to them) and WELT is the album (short for When Everyone Learns the Truth) and its good electronic Dance music (though not so mainstream as to be appreciated by Disney).

Also on the list of songs that I enjoy within the parks would be choral songs as I have performed with the school Choir 3 years in a row now and will be performing in (assumably tomorrowland theater as it has always been) April of 08. Always fun lending my own hand to the disney experience even though I'm not part of the "cast" (which I would like to try as a college internship)