PDA

View Full Version : International Gateway Entrance

Meteora
12-15-2007, 02:58 PM
We will be in the World in one week now, so I'm going into hyper-planning mode. :party: For the first time, we will be staying at the Swan, so we were thinking about walking to Epcot in the morning and using the International Gateway entrance. However, our first goal is to beat the rush over to Soarin'. Will coming in through this entrance put us at a disadvantage, since it is further away? Would we be better off taking some form of transportation to the main entrance?

Thank you, knowledgeable friends!

mainstreet1997
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
we usually stay at Boardwalk and head over a little early (leave about 8:30ish-8:45) so that we are there when the park opens, ready with our tickets. Then we head over. Usually dont find it a problem as it takes a while for people entering the main gate to get off the buses, go through the gates and actually walk over to Soarin!

Have fun!

BronxTigger
12-15-2007, 06:06 PM
I think that the previous poster has a good point. The main entrance is typically very crowded. I've never seen the I Gateway crowded (although I've never been there at opening).

The distance can't be all that much different; from the main entrance you have to walk through those tombstone things, under Spaceship Earth, through Innoventions and then to The Land. From I Gateway you just walk through UK, Canada, and past the Figment Pavilion.

If you were to walk or boat from the Swan it'd take you 20 minutes or so. If you take Disney transport to get to the front gate of Epcot it'd take well over an hour. You'd have to bus to AK or MK then take a bus to Epcot, if there even is a direct bus to Epcot from AK and MK. If not, you'd have to take the bus to MK then the monorail to the TTC then the monorail to Epcot. :whew:

Jeff
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
We have stayed at the Epcot resorts many times and often use the Int Gateway in the morning. If you are at the gate at opening you will get to the Land Pavilion very close to the same time as the first folks there. There won't be many in front of you at all.

We will be at the Swan next week too - can't wait!:mickey:

SAHDad
12-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I've been at the International Gateway at opening, and it wasn't crowded at all. You might very well be better off just walking over to it from the Swan instead of taking transportation to the main entrance.

playdead88
12-16-2007, 07:39 AM
we have stayed at the boardwalk and the bc resorts not only is the walk in the a.m over to epcot through the international gateway awesome it is also not crowded - just leave early enough 8:45ish is good and head str8 for soarin' - have a great time!! :mickey: