PDA

View Full Version : Is there a hot tub at the Poly?

Mickeymoo
12-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Last time we stayed at WDW we were at the WL and my DH loved the hot tub. Is there a hot tub at the Poly? (which is where I have always wanted to stay)>:thumbsup:
DH won't be happy :pout: if there's no hot tub.
Thanks for your input!

mrsgaribaldi
12-15-2007, 04:47 AM
No.

Welcome to Intercot :wave:

wendy*darling
12-15-2007, 08:01 AM
:santa3:Welcome to INTERCOT! :santa3:

Unfortunately, the answer is NO. :( No hot tub at the Poly. It is the only deluxe resort without one.
But it is still a beautiful resort and the views of MK from swinging in a hammock on the beach, drink in hand- almost as relaxing as a hot tub!

mouseketeer mom
12-15-2007, 09:17 AM
My DH loves a hot tub..Poly is our fave resort and each and every time I have to hear him say "I can't believe they don't have a hot tub here"..he must say it 10 times during our stays!

SBETigg
12-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I say it, too. I can't believe there's no hot tub at the Poly. But you're welcome to use the one at the GF spa not far away and there's bench seating with hot water jets in a section of the Volcano pool. Not quite as good as a hot tub, but it makes for a soothing soak (as long as kids aren't splashing around you).

Jasper
12-15-2007, 10:18 AM
you're welcome to use the one at the GF spa not far away ).

I am not trying to create an argument here and I confess that I am not familiar with the set up at the Grand Floridian but. . . Is the hot tub not located in connection to the swimming pool? And since the rule is no sharing swimming pools from resort to resort, how can they use the hot tub? Or is the hot tub located someplace other than by the pool? Inquiring minds want to know!

We have never stayed at the Poly so I was not aware that they didn't have a hot tub and was quite surprised to hear that they don't. Didn't they just do a major rehab of the swimming pool area at the Poly in something like the last five years? If I am remembering that correctly it really makes is surprising they didn't put one in at that time!

SBETigg
12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
The GF has two hot tubs. One is at the pool, and that one is not for Poly guests. One is at the spa, and I have been told by CMs and other INTERCOTees that the Poly guests are welcome to use the GF hot tub at the spa. It's a building closest to the wedding pavilion on the GF grounds.

McGoofy
12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
The answer to this question totally surprised me. I have only stayed at the Poly one time, and it was several years ago. I didn't remember using a hot tub, but I just figured that was by choice, not because there wasn't one to be used! I can't believe that the Poly doesn't have a hot tub. All the other deluxes, even AKL and WL have one and even so do the moderates!! WOW!

Mickeymoo
12-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the answer guys..I know the volcano pool just went through a rehab and thaought perhaps they had added a hot tub at that time. Thanks for letting me know about the warm jetted area in the volcano pool, that should be sufficent for DH! He's not the biggest fan of going to WDW:secret: so anything that helps him get through the "experience" is helpful... I love the hammock with a drink idea too!:cloud9::marg: In any case the kids and I can't wait to go!

Jasper
12-15-2007, 11:57 AM
The GF has two hot tubs. One is at the pool, and that one is not for Poly guests. One is at the spa, and I have been told by CMs and other INTERCOTees that the Poly guests are welcome to use the GF hot tub at the spa. It's a building closest to the wedding pavilion on the GF grounds.

Thanks for the clarification!