PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter 12/14 (VMK)

WDWfanatic742
12-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Holiday greetings VMK'ers! Live and direct from VMK Central, it's the latest VMK news! And now just back from riding "it's a small world" holiday for the 400th time, heeeeere's Yavn!

Season's Greetings!

For me it's doesn't feel like a holiday until I've ridden "it's a small world" holiday. And yes, I like to ride it a lot.

You probably have a holiday tradition that you enjoy too – like building a Gingerbread house or holding a candle lighting ceremony? Whatever your tradition, we hope you enjoy the holiday no matter how you celebrate it.

Speaking of celebration, what do you think about all those new holiday items? Pretty amazing, huh? As our gift to VMK players we wanted to do something super special to end the year. This month we've added something new to VMK almost every day – and we're still hard at work making even more magic!

We know you're really enjoying the month so far, but as they say, the best is yet to come – we've got lots more cool stuff on the way before the end of the year!

But before I give you the skinny on what's ahead, let's take care of a little business first:

Use Call For Help Wisely

First up, I need to remind you, again, using 'Call For Help' for anything other than an in-game emergency is a big no-no and will get you suspended from (meaning you won't be able to play) VMK. Asking questions about new items, or how to get a pin is NOT what 'Call For Help' is used for. We're really going to start cracking down on players that use 'Call For Help" for anything other than an in-game emergency, so make sure to spread the word.

You see, when you send in a question using 'Call For Help' or something else that's not a safety issue, you take valuable time away from our moderators who need to respond to more serious issues. So please, use 'Contact Us' if you have a question and use 'Call For Help' ONLY when you have a SERIOUS in-game emergency.

Using 'Contact Us'

Speaking of 'Contact Us' if you send a question or comment into VMK please make sure your email provider accepts our email. Some Spam Filters will automatically block e-mail from an unknown source unless you tell the program to allow it: To get email from VMK, allow mail from [email protected].

That email address DOES NOT receive email. If you want to send us a note, question or comment, use 'Contact Us' – you can find the link at the bottom of any VMK web page.

Ok, so now that I've got that out of the way

VMK Holiday Ride-A-Thon

If you're like me, around this time of year you probably hop in the car with your family to check out the holiday lights in your neighborhood – so why not a Ride-A-Thon around our neighborhood – the Virtual Magic Kingdom?

You heard me right! We've got a Ride-A-Thon this weekend that will showcase what you can do with all those new holiday goodies we're releasing throughout the month! The event runs this weekend!

HOLIDAY RIDE-A-THON

Friday (December 14th) from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Saturday, December 15th from 8:00 AM to 8 PM.
Sunday, December 16th from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

All times are Pacific Standard

A ride through our Holiday-themed rooms will not only get you into the holiday spirit but also get you some cool rewards that you can use to build your own Gingerbread house. And speaking of Gingerbread houses...

Gingerbread Holiday Room Building Competition

Those Gingerbread pieces are pretty sweet huh? I get hungry just building with them! Which brings me to an event you're going to be super excited to hear about – the first ever VMK Gingerbread House & Holiday Room Competition!

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got! We'll have full details for the competition in Event & Item Info section here on the Newsletter page soon, so be sure to check that out. But play those games for credits and stock up on Gingerbread pieces, you're gonna need them!

A Jolly Holiday Quest

Let's see, we've released over 25 new items this month, announced our biggest contest ever and in a second I'll tell you about our New Year's party. What? You still want more? Ok, then how about a Holiday themed Quest that rewards a never-released item?

Starting Monday, December 17, we'll launch the VMK Jolly Holiday Quest. This new Holiday Quest includes challenges and questions about the VMK Jolly Holiday the reward? A super awesome Blue Mickey Ears Holiday Hat!

A Magical New Year

After the holiday, be sure to rest up for our Magical New Year's Eve Party! That's right, before the year is over we're throwing one last hoorah to ring in a Magical New Year!

Like last year, VMK will have extended hours so our VMK friends on both coast/ time zones can celebrate! We'll have surprises, party hats and more! So stay tuned for the details. Whew! Talk about a happy holiday! VMK has a lot going on this month! It's gonna be very magically! Speaking of magic... now for my next trick...

See you soon!

-Yavn

Jolly Holiday Quest (http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/EventInfo-2007-12-14-JollyHolidayQuest.jpg)
Blue Mickey Ears Holiday Hat (http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/EventInfo-HolidayHat-2007-12-14.jpg)
Magic Hat (http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/EventInfo-2007-12-13-MagicHatA.jpg.jpg)

WDWfanatic742
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
This is probably the first time all year that I can actually say that I'm fairly happy on what VMK is doing. Lots of new items, ride-a-thon's at least once a month and a bunch of other things. I'd still like to see imaginative new features and things like that, but I can settle for this for now.

chrisb26
12-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Cool info in that newsletter!

Dont know if I need a blue santa hat but hey its another hat :D

As far as that Room Comp I'm so excited for that!! My house is so being entered!