PDA

View Full Version : 21 hours in the Magic Kingdom!

McGoofy
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Did anyone notice that on 12/30/07, based on park hours, morning EMH, and evening EMH that if you are a hard core Magic Kingdom fan staying on property, you could litterally be in the park from 7:00am-4:00am the next morning? The regular park hours that day are from 8am-1am, but also on that same day, there are early extra magic hours AND evening extra magic hours for resort guests. I like the Magic Kingdom, but 21 hours straight is a little much! However, it would be something cool to tell everybody "I stayed in the Magic Kingdom for 21 hours straight!" You'd definitely get your money's worth out of your ticket!! I would be so tired!! :coffee::sleepin:

WriteDisney
12-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Last year I was down in Orlando for a bowl game and so I was able to persuade my DBF to spend one day (yes just one) in the parks. So we choose New Years eve, for the obvious reasons, but also because of how long the hours were that day! We got there at about 8 a.m. (I think it opened at 9 tho) and didn't leave the park (at least we TRIED to leave but it was a mad house) until about 1 a.m. We stayed there and did rides all day! I believe MK was open until 3 a.m. but we were exhausted by then. And then we waited in line for the monorail for 2 hours :mad: but it was totally worth it! What an amazing day! :cloud9:

mickey&missy
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
LOL!I hadn't noticed that but I can't imagine! A CM would probably find me sound asleep in The Hall of Presidents!!

Sunshine1010
12-14-2007, 03:27 PM
2 hours for a monorail?.....oh my gosh. I might have spent the money for a cab at that point.

WriteDisney
12-14-2007, 03:38 PM
The line was long but it didnt seem unbearable. We thought it would quickly but it didn't at all. I suppose a cab would have been a good idea, but our brains were fried at that point.

buzznwoodysmom
12-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't think myself, or any of my family could do MK for 21 hours. For Thanksgiving week we spent a long, long day at MK and when we left we all had had enough of the MK for the day. We arrived at 8am for a charater breakfast, we only left MK for a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fair, then we stayed at the park until 1am. That was a 17 hour day and it was really too much!

Christine
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I sure would like to give it a good old college try! :thumbsup:

Jeff
12-14-2007, 06:08 PM
We have noticed.
Although we do not plan on being there at opening we do plan on staying till 4:00 am. We will then just drive to the airport for a morning flight home.:mickey:

pink
12-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, I would love to think that I could last 21 hours in a row at MK but I don't know it I could last! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
We were close to that on New Years Eve in 2004-5...We got to the park by 8am 'cause we were afraid that we wouldn't get in if we waited until later in the day...I stood in line for 2 hours to get a locker to put our stuff in...we were five adults, DH, and 3 adult DD and my dad in a wheelchair...we had a wonderful time until the afaternoon parade when we all got stuck for two hours on the bridge/walkway by Frontierland...we were gridlocked...it was horrible...we ate at Cinderella's table that night...during the first fireworks...and got a great spot (table and chairs) by the motorway, TTT and space mountain around 10pm and waited for the fireworks...it was truly a wonderful day...long...we drove and I must admit that we parked at the Contemporary and we arrived back at FQPO around 2am...It was a bit crowded...but nowhere near as crowded as EPCOT last year for New Years Eve...some people we spoke with waited two hours for a bus back to the PoP...we were lucky and ran after the fireworks and were on the second bus back to the PoP and were back in our beds at 1am. The best thing that you will enjoy on the 30th at MK, is that they have a dry run for the fireworks, which are the same as NYE fireworks...we were there last year at MK on the 30th and the crowds weren't that bad...lots of people, but nowhere near NYE.

ENJOY...I arrive on the 26th but will be flying home on the 29th...DH will NEVER do Disney again the week between Xmas and NYE...but he's game enough to let me go with a Disney friend...SMILE

:pirate:

WriteDisney
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I didn't know they do a dry run on the 30th! That's really good to know since I'm thinking of going back in a few years for New Years. I know I must be crazy right? It was just so much fun! (Until you tried to leave). :mickey:

Sunshine1010
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Pirate Granny....

OH MY WORD!!!! You waited in line for TWO hours for a locker, and then you were stuck on a bridge for TWO hours???????? I canNOT imagine having to deal with that. I think I'd turn around and go back to the resort. You are so positive about the day there.....I don't think I could be as gracious as you. You must be a saint!!!!! I'm glad you had a good time though.

Pirate Granny
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
the locker thing wasn't bad...i refused to carry everyone's stuff around especially for the whole day, you know, coats for the evening time...and the bag on the back of the wheelchair was filled for my dad's stuff...HOWEVER, they got a curbside seats outside the train station to watch the morning flag ceremony / parade...I'm not sure 'cause I was standing in locker line...the bridge thing wasn't good at the time...remember, I had dad in a wheelchair on that bridge...the girls were farther ahead and apparently the youngest, 22 at the time, threatened to jump into the water to get out of the crowds...the next year, she and her dad took a picture of them on the 'famous' bridge...we'll always have that memory...maybe not pleasant at the time, but a great story afterwards...I wanted to make that trip special as I figured it would be the last as our family together...oldest DD was getting married, and dad was in poor health...I have a picture of DH, DD and dad taking a catnap with their heads on the table in that restaurant overlooking IASW...we left them there for 90 minutes in the late afternoon to refresh themselves while the other two DD and I went shopping...all in all, it's a wonderful memory and why I enjoy going to MK at Xmas time...it's a great memory of Dad who is gone now...but always with me at the MK...

:pirate:

WED1901
12-15-2007, 11:10 AM
We went on New Years a few years back and I have said I would never go back on New Years Eve!! I remember riding the monorail over from EPCOT as we passed the MK parking toll gate, people were parked along the side of the road just waiting to get to the parking lot. People where playing football and just sitting around in chairs. Once we got into the park it was crazy. We ended up leaving and went back to EPCOT. Don't expect to ride much! You spend so much time in line.

DNS
12-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Wow! I would have to try to do the entire 21 hours, even if I had to catch a nap or two on a bench.

jrpersinger
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
We killed ourselves! We did about 18 hours on the 31st and 13 hours on the 1st. We were there for New Years 04/05. And I agree, it was insane. We did MGM that day and then went to MK that night. We got there around 8:00pm. We went to Fantasyland for a bit, then went back out to Main Street around 10pm and didn't move till around 1am. It was 3am or later by time we got back to SOG. The line for the monarail was longer then any ride we waited for the entire week! Then we were up by 7am and on the move for breakfast and back to MK.

You can see the how it took a toll on us. DH and DD were falling asleep on the Carousel. LOL
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7y9046q.cjgqy9u&x=0&y=-g2vkwg
The New Years pictures are the last in the group.