PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the scrapbookers?

Cinderelley
12-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I know you're out there. :D I recently ran across a website called Crafting Cruises. Among other things, they do cruises just for scrapbooking. Has anyone done anything like this? How was it? It sounds like a great idea for a "girls" weekend.

Flower
12-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh I have looked at the scrapbooking cruises longingly, alas, my Disney trips take priority!

Hey, maybe we should plan in Intercot crafting weekend at WDW!!! Who's in? Nah....I don't think I could give up the parks, even to scrap!

i have mostly been working on my Design Team stuff for the LSS and not so much on my own stuff, unfortunately.

Cinderelley
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey, maybe we should plan in Intercot crafting weekend at WDW!!! Who's in? Nah....I don't think I could give up the parks, even to scrap!

I don't think I could give it up either. Besides, then I would just have to make a book about us scrapbooking. ;)

tinkerbell04
01-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I have seen the cruise advertisements, I think that would be a blast. The group of friends that I do it with go away at least 3 times a year and do nothing all weekend but crop. We usually do it with our creative memories consultant and several of her consultant friends. We book the hotel and stay in our jammies almost all weekend! They are some of the best weekends of the year, other then Disney of course:mickey:

Caroleh
01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I've seen the cruises too. It would be a blast!! Hey, could we do a Disney Scrapbooking Cruise? Or, find a place and all get together to scrapbook!!

I have been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately. I still have to go throught my 800 or so pictures from my trip in Dec. and decide which ones are going into a book. Right now I'm getting ready to move, so the scrapbooking is on the back burner. My closing date on my new house is less then 60 days away!!!

ElenitaB
01-04-2008, 10:26 PM
In October there was a CKU in Orlando but it coincided with INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary. Boy, did I really want to go to it but you know what took precedence! The cool thing was that I met Ali Edwards (any of you who read Creating Keepsakes know who I mean) in the Emporium. It was soooo cool! She's really, really nice and as down to earth as you imagine from her articles in the magazine and her books. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM
I don't have ANY friends that scrapbook - well, outside of Intercotees! I wouldn't know how to react to a room (or ship) full of other scrapbookers! I just recently completed an 8 X 8 scrapbook of around 100 - 125 pics of my best friend's son's wedding as a Christmas gift for her. I haven't even gotten prints of my last Disney trip - I'm 2 trips behind in scrapbooking those!

tinkerbell04
01-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't have ANY friends that scrapbook - well, outside of Intercotees! I wouldn't know how to react to a room (or ship) full of other scrapbookers!

You have got to pull them in!!! That is how our little group of 3 has grown to over 20 now!:mickey:

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't have ANY friends that scrapbook - well, outside of Intercotees!

I'm like you, Kathy. I've only been to 2 crops to work with people. It seems like whenever my LSS has a crop I have to work. It was really strange to see the different way people worked. I just pulled out my pictures and everything comes to me what to do. One lady was laying out pages with no pictures, I guess I couldn't understand how you can do that.

Flower, even though we're completely on opposite sides of the city, we need to figure out how to get together sometime!!

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Wow! Imagine my surprise when I logged on and saw this thread revived & blooming. :D My sister, my friend & I are 90% convinced that we're going to do the scrapbooking cruise down to Mexico this summer. We're just waiting for more details.

Caroleh- congrats on your new house!

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Caroleh- congrats on your new house!

Thank you!! I think I'm suffering from excitement and nervousness right now. It's getting so close. We're going today to see if we can take a peak inside and get window measurements. I want curtains up the day we move in, if not before!!! Here's a few pictures (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560068075zjCTan)of it being built.(and it has been scrapbooked!!!)

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Thank you!! I think I'm suffering from excitement and nervousness right now. It's getting so close. We're going today to see if we can take a peak inside and get window measurements. I want curtains up the day we move in, if not before!!! Here's a few pictures (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560068075zjCTan)of it being built.(and it has been scrapbooked!!!)

Oh! How exciting to watch it being built! You must be beside yourself with excitement - so close to being done, yet so far.

conorsmom2000
01-06-2008, 09:55 AM
:D My sister, my friend & I are 90% convinced that we're going to do the scrapbooking cruise down to Mexico this summer. We're just waiting for more details.

That sounds so great!! I bet you'll have a blast if you guys go! :thumbsup:

Carol, congratulations!! That really is so exciting!! :mickey:

I think I'd love to consider a cruise like that one day. But, to be honest, I went to my first crop in December and did not like it at all. I went with my sister and a friend and it was just kind of odd - I hated lugging all my stuff (and I have a lot of stuff :blush: ) and though I only took what I needed, it was still a pain. The lighting in the place was awful - I was supposed to be coloring in stamps for my Christmas cards, but I honestly had to stop as I couldn't see what I was doing. And I wasn't used to scrapping with so much noise around me! To be fair, though, this was held at a bar/restaurant, on a Sunday afternoon with Football on, so that definitely bumped up the noise level. My friend is trying to get me to try a different one, but I'm not in any rush.

But, I am sooooo way behind on my scrapping it's not even funny..... :(

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 10:06 AM
My friend is trying to get me to try a different one, but I'm not in any rush.

Do you have a local scrapbook store? What I did like about the crop there, was you didn't need to take all your stuff with you. If you need paper, you just went, got it, took it to the regester and they kept a running tab. At the end you paid off your tab, only problem is you forget prices and it can get a little spendy.

conorsmom2000
01-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Do you have a local scrapbook store? What I did like about the crop there, was you didn't need to take all your stuff with you. If you need paper, you just went, got it, took it to the regester and they kept a running tab. At the end you paid off your tab, only problem is you forget prices and it can get a little spendy.

Actually, that was by my LSS. She only has a small room for crops so she usually rents out the restaurant part of a pub that's 2 blocks away. So, when you needed to get something, you had to walk to the store. Not a big deal, but it was snowing and freezing that day!!!

The one my friend wants me to go to is through a CM consultant. I think it's in a firehouse or something like that. Part of the reason that I've been hesitant is that I just don't like this CM rep - I've used her before (she's the one who threw the party that got me in to scrapping and then I hosted a party that she did at my house). I normally buy my CM stuff through her but she can be very flaky and it takes forever - I've been waiting over a month for 3 tape runner refills and a blade for my 12 inch trimmer. :confused: And if you email her and ask about the status, she gets very upset and will say "I didn't run off with your money!" Well, no one thinks that! We just wonder when our stuff will be in! But, it's also because while I like some CM products a lot, I've become less enamored with how they want you scrap - we went to a party she had for the holidays and with everything she showed us, she said "see, it's all done for you! You just add pictures!" Well, what's the fun in that? :D

sorry, I went off on a CM tangent! :blush:

Caroleh
01-06-2008, 10:53 AM
I've gotten away from CM just because of the cost. I find I can get things a lot less expensive at Michaels or one of my LSS. I think if you're going to have a LSS you need to make sure you have enough space for crops, its part of the business and a pub definitely isn't the place to have one. The public library would be better!!! I think I'd be leary also.

princessjojo
01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I love to scrapbook, but since I went back to nursing school, well, that's been the priority. So that puts me 2Disney trips and 2 1/2 years behind. I love it and it's so much fun when I do get a chance, but I find that I think so hard into it when I start, that it takes me literally all day to complete 2-3 pages. But I do that with everything though, not just scrapbooking. I love it and can't wait to get back to doing it. What I really need is a very looonnnnnnnggg rainy week or two, after I graduate in May and after our next Disney trip in June and maybe I can catch up. If I can get 3 page/day at 15 days, that's still only about 1 year of catch up.

kakn7294
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Great house Carol! I'll bet you can't wait to get moved in! You'll have to post more pics when it's finished.

meldan98
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I've got a 4 year old and I'm still not done with her baby book...ugh! Oh well, I'll get caught up at some point. My frustration is, I can't have a place set up in my house to leave a project out and just take a half hour every day to work on something. My DH and I have talked about me having a place like that in our new house (yippeee...we have our pre-drywall inspection on the 14th). I've even found the desk style I want.

By the way...what is LSS?

Momof2boys
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
It has just been crazy that I haven't had any time to scrap. But a group of us are renting a bed & breakfast next weekend for 2 nights so we can sit & scrap all weekend. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
By the way...what is LSS?
Local Scrapbook Store

It has just been crazy that I haven't had any time to scrap. But a group of us are renting a bed & breakfast next weekend for 2 nights so we can sit & scrap all weekend. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished :thumbsup:
That sounds like :cloud9:

JanetMegan
01-07-2008, 02:07 PM
One lady was laying out pages with no pictures, I guess I couldn't understand how you can do that.

Oh man I have to chime in here cause I do this now. It's called ALSB or Assembly line Scrapbooking. It's a little hard to describe without being able to post pictures here but I use my Club Scrap kits to do like 6-8 double page spreads with a color theme or other theme and then I keep them all in HUGE three ring binders. Like right now I have about 150 finished layouts with no pictures on them. Then when I develop pictures I pick the layouts I want to use and adjust as needed and add titles.

I have to admit this has TOTALLY revolutionized the way I scrapbook. It makes me think out of the box with pictures and pages and when I don't feel creative I just make blank layouts and you don't have to worry about scrapper's block.

If anyone wants to see pictures of what I mean just PM me. Trust me I KNOW it sounds crazy but I LOVE it.

Cinderelley
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I could go either way - doing a page with pictures or laying out a page and waiting for just the right pic to use in it.

At the last CM Super Saturday, I saw the cutest ladybug layout. I want to make it, but I'll eventually have to take some pics to put in it. Hee-hee.

Our Creative Memories Consultant is awesome. Once a month, she has an open crop at her house that my sister, my mom, my friend and I have started attending. We can bring our own stuff or she just lays out (very nicely) what she has, and we can buy anything we want. She also has her equipment out for us to use any time we want during the night.

She just recently made a bunch of Disney stuff for us. :cloud9: I think it would make a world of difference if we had a bad consultant.

ElenitaB
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I've never been to a crop because I really don't have a LSS and I'm not interested in getting involved with CM.

But I did find a challenge that I thought was interesting, and that some might want to join it and we can have a virtual crop. It's from Simple Scrapbooks magazine, and it's to scrap 8 pages containing 8 pictures in 8 days. If you'd like to do it, I'll PM you a link to the challenge! I know I'm going to enjoy doing it because there are often times that I have a LOT of pics of one event and don't have the heart to ruthlessly weed them out (like parade photos). Also, I won't be doing the layouts in 8 days but by the end of the month.

Anyone else want to join in? :dance:

BronxTigger
01-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I've never been to a crop because I really don't have a LSS and I'm not interested in getting involved with CM.

But I did find a challenge that I thought was interesting, and that some might want to join it and we can have a virtual crop. It's from Simple Scrapbooks magazine, and it's to scrap 8 pages containing 8 pictures in 8 days. If you'd like to do it, I'll PM you a link to the challenge! I know I'm going to enjoy doing it because there are often times that I have a LOT of pics of one event and don't have the heart to ruthlessly weed them out (like parade photos). Also, I won't be doing the layouts in 8 days but by the end of the month.

Anyone else want to join in? :dance:

I want to do it but I still need help. Next weekend I'm coming over though, right?

I have school until 1 though in Manhattan. I'm going to have to drag all my scrapping stuff all over town LOL.

Cinderelley
01-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Has anyone heard of/used craftingcruises dot com? That's who I was looking at booking through.

They're just getting a discussion board going, and they seem pretty nice.