PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

AllDisney
12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I know that the Christmas decorations are taken down around the 6th of January. I'd like to know when is WDW all decked out for Christmas?

I want to be able to see all the Christmas parades at all 4 parks, see Osborn (sp?) Lights, Mickey's Christmas party etc.

Thanks!

LONESTAR
12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
We were just there and the day after Turkey Day it was all Christmas everywhere.

McGoofy
12-13-2007, 08:02 PM
It's all there and going on as we speak!:tree::santa3::candy:

Ms.Disney
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
If I am not mistaken they start to decorate for Christmas pretty much after they take down the Halloween stuff. I was there the first week of Jan. last year and they were still decorated. Have a great time!

cal5755
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
I was there Nov 8 - 13th and it was all Christmas already! The castle is breathtaking!! Have fun!!

McGoofy
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
I was there 10/28-11/4. During the first of the week before 10/31, we didn't see Christmas decorations anywhere. Then after Halloween, we started seeing decorations appear at MGM, Epcot, and AK., but the parks still were not fully decorated or lit up. The day we left (11/4), we went into MK. At the entrance in front of the train station, it was still "harvest" decorations. I guess Christmas decor must go into full swing closer to Thanksgiving.

MickeyMousse
12-14-2007, 11:23 AM
We were there 11/4-11/15 and it was pretty much decorated within the parks by that time. We were able to be there for the kickoff of the Osbourne lights at MGM, :deer: which made for a great family memory. :thumbsup: Although, at SSR they hadn't started decorating the resort by the time we had left.

laward32
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
We were there Oct 26-Nov 2 and on Mon Oct 29 we were at MGM and there weren't any decorations and when we back on the 31st they were all decorated. We went to Epcot on the 1st and everything was decorated. MK was not on the 2nd, but the last MNSSHP was that night. I would assume that after the party all the "fall" deco comes down and up goes the christmas deco. I thought it was cool I got Halloween photopass pics along with Christmas photopass pics all in one trip.:mickey:

DNS
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM
We were there several years ago the week before Thanksgiving and there were no decorations. I am so glad that they started decorating and having the party, etc. well before Thanksgiving now. That gives us a chance to see it all too. We could never go down between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Jasper
12-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Although many things start getting put up around Halloween, the first date that you can truly go and expect EVERYTHING to be up and the lights turned on is the day after Thanksgiving. There are always exceptions, especially in areas where they may be filming television specials or the like but if you really want to be safe and know that you will truly see everything in all its glory then that Friday is the day!

Oh, and I know that the Osborne Christmas lights and the lights on the castle start getting assembled on their respective buildings in August because those projects both take so long to accomplish. And, since the Osborne lights actually started their life in Little Rock, Arkansas (I think that is the correct city) Disney continues to use off the shelf, home decorating lights just like you or I can buy at any store. The longest strands are the standard 50 and 100 light strands just like home. I thought that was pretty neat.

One other thing that is really neat is that the netting that the castle lights are attached to and all the electric cords and light fixtures themselves are all died to match as closely as possible the colors that they are in front of so that they disappear as much as possible during the day. They also look at the lights from as many angles as possible and adjust the starting and ending point of the different colors based on the perspective from various places that they are viewed from. Now that is attention to detail!