PDA

View Full Version : Where is the "Penny Squisher" for China?

SignguyTom
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
In 2006, we found the penny squishers :twocents: for every country except China. Since it wasn't at the actual pavilion, we asked about it and were told it was in a gift shop between Mexico & Canada. We looked all over, but we never found it. :confused:

Since we are headed back next May, I thought I'd get it figured out where to go ahead of time. I just looked at Info Central, and the Epcot Elongated Coin list doesn't even have China listed. What's up with that...?! :unsure: Has it ever really existed? Why would they have an incomplete set? Seems weird - or I'm completely missing something? (which is very possible... :blush: )

mickey&missy
12-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Truthfully, I don't know the answer.

But, I have to say I love that you called it a penny squisher! :rotfl: It gave me a chuckle and I'll probably call it a penny squisher from now on ;)

PrincessEmmasMommy
12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
If I remember correctly, it was near the kidcot station in the back of the pavillion outside of the shop, but I think it was broken when we were there. Good luck!
Jen

tundramom
12-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Neither China nor Japan are "participating " countries at EPCOT. This status means that they do not adhere to Disney guidelines (for example selling Disney merchandise). The pressed penny machines for these two countries are located at the gift store in the International Gateway- go down the path between Great Britain and the bridge toward France, the store is on the right, the machines are in the corner closest to GB.:thumbsup:

SignguyTom
12-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Neither China nor Japan are "participating " countries at EPCOT. This status means that they do not adhere to Disney guidelines (for example selling Disney merchandise). The pressed penny machines for these two countries are located at the gift store in the International Gateway- go down the path between Great Britain and the bridge toward France, the store is on the right, the machines are in the corner closest to GB.:thumbsup:

Perfect! Thank you! Seems we were either misdirected or we misunderstood.

pixiesmimi
12-17-2007, 11:19 AM
We ran into the same thing when we went in August. I was trying to get one from every country. When we walked all the way through the shops at Japan and China and didn't find one, I was astounded. DH finally stopped and asked a CM outside and he said it was over where the boats come in. :confused: (DH's interpetation, not necessarily what the CM said) :) That didn't make sense and I wasn't going to go down on each boat dock to check. Then we finally went to the gift shop at the International Gateway and found the machine that had them. We only went there because we were alone this trip and I was trying to go into everything in the park just to say I had been there. :blush: If we hadn't done this, I would have never found it. I think those maps that tell you where all the penny machines are should especially point this out to those who are looking for them. I think any country represented in the World should cooperate with the rest of the park and do as others do, not just on this but everything else. It doesn't surprise me though.

castlelady36
12-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Thanks so much for this info!! We have looked many times thinking we keep missing it and now we can complete our collection!!!