PDA

View Full Version : Could not renew Disney Adventures magazine subscription

McGoofy
12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
I am really bummed! One Christmas present that my son has really enjoyed over the last few years is a subscription to the Disney Adventures kids magazine. (This magazine is usually placed in the Disney resort rooms as well.) Today I attempted to renew his subscription. I first went to the website to renew on-line as I have done in the past. I kept getting an error message when I tried to go to the site. I decided to call the 1-800 number and renew it over the phone. The CM told me that they were not taking any renewal orders for the magazine because "it is currently on suspension." On suspension?? What did it do that was so bad? ;) Just kidding. But seriously...does anybody else enjoy this magazine? My son loves it!! I am sad that it is going away!!:(

MMouse6937
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that actually. I like the magazine myself sometimes and I'll pick one up at the grocery checkout. I hope this doesn't go away like the other disney magazines. :(

brownie
12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
They cancelled it a few months ago.

Disneyatic
12-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I remember reading awhile back that they were cancelling the magazine.

I was so bummed because I have given gift subscriptions of Adventures to my DD an DN for the last few years.
It was a good magazine for them to read and I hate to see it go.

Have you ever seen Ranger Rick magazines? I am not sure how old your DS is, but that is a neat one as well. My daughter is 8 and likes it. It sometimes has tv and movie characters in it along with other things.

kakn7294
12-13-2007, 03:23 PM
My DD's both like it but it has been cancelled. I don't think they have given a date for the last issue though.

McGoofy
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Have you ever seen Ranger Rick magazines? I am not sure how old your DS is, but that is a neat one as well. My daughter is 8 and likes it. It sometimes has tv and movie characters in it along with other things.

I forgot about Ranger Rick until you mentioned it. When I couldn't get Disney Adventures, I ordered a subscription for National Geographic Kids.

I wonder if Disney will also do away with the adult magazine that they produce...I think it is called Family Fun or something like that. I used to get the other adult magazine that they produced. It was just called "Disney Magazine." I saved one of the last issues that had a really neat cover. It said it was a collector's issue and was about the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. I miss that magazine too.:(

DisneyLandMomma
12-13-2007, 04:25 PM
We are disappointed about this also. I ordered the magazine for my daughter through a school fundraiser and just recieved a letter saying the magazine has ceased publication. They offered a subscribtion for FamilyFun and while I enjoy that magazine, the subscribtion was for my daugther!! :( SOOO annoying!!

McGoofy
12-13-2007, 04:32 PM
We are disappointed about this also. I ordered the magazine for my daughter through a school fundraiser and just recieved a letter saying the magazine has ceased publication. They offered a subscribtion for FamilyFun and while I enjoy that magazine, the subscribtion was for my daugther!! :( SOOO annoying!!

That was sort of how I was first introduced to Disney Adventures. We were getting Disney Magazine, and when the quit producing that, our subscription automatically got turned into Disney Adventures. That was a good substitution because my son loved it. However, I can see how Family Fun is not a replacement for a subscription that was meant for your DD.