PDA

View Full Version : Short notice change questions

TexasPrincessAurora
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I can't access the DVC site for some reason at the moment (it just says site too busy) so maybe you guys can help me. We're relatively new members. If you have a vacation set that the departure date is less than 30 days away and you want to make a change to it can you do that? Is there any penalty? I remembered that you couldn't cancel it with that short a time left or you'd lose your points, but I couldn't remember about making changes.

Basically my husband used some points to set us a reservation to go skiing...now I'm thinking that our kids really aren't ready for that kind of trip and wondering if we could switch to go back to WDW instead.

Thanks in advance for any help!

tundramom
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm assuming you used Interval International since there aren't many skiing opportunities at DVC Collection Resorts. If that is the case the cancellation guidelines state:" 59-14 days before check-in date: You may request exchange accomodations 59 days to 24 hours prior to your new arrival date; travel must occur within one year of cancellation date, and an additional non-refundable $75 exchange fee must be paid." It doesn't address whether you can send those points back to use at DVC Resorts, I'm guessing no:(. Just out of curiosity what age are the kids?

Horizon93
12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't think that you can restore the points to your DVC account. When you made the reservation through member services, they should have explained the guidelines to you. The might be in the new member handbook.

TexasPrincessAurora
12-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Apparently after calling member services later today it's either a use it as is or lose it situation.

We have 2 kids...a 4 year old boy and an infant girl. Obviously just our DS would be in ski school. We've just decided since we'll just lose the points otherwise to go ahead and go. Hopefully it works out well!

Thanks for your help!

tundramom
12-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Enjoy your trip, your son will have a blast!:ski::sled::winter::snowball: