PDA

View Full Version : did you know....

Here we go again...
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Did you know that if you make a change to your reservation they cancel the whole thing and make a new reservation?

I found this out yesterday. I called to make a change to my friends reservation, she will be arriving 1 day after us. I thought it would be easy... change the arrival day to the next day. Nope. They had to check for availablity for the stay first, then book a new reservation and cancel the old one.

That caused me to have to borrow points from next year then bank the ones I was not using for the other reservation.

Is this normal, or did I get an inexperienced CM?
I am planning to take a trip in November, so the banked points should be used. But what happens if we can not go in November... do we lose the points we had to bank? They are only good for the next use year, right?

JPL
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
This seems to be standard Disney Policy accross the board since the same is true of CRO and Disney Dining. Makes me wonder if their current reservation system can handle changes.

dlpmikki
12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
It used to be easy to make day by day changes to your reservations. Sounds like the system may be going backwards rather than getting better!