PDA

View Full Version : GCH dilemma

doombuggy
12-12-2007, 08:27 AM
OK, my plans have been finalized and I bought a plane ticket from MCO to SNA for my DL trip 2/23-27/08. My next step is booking a room for my 4 night stay (I am going out for a special event & could not get more time off than that). What are your thoughts on these two choices:

1) Entire stay at GCH, standard view = 111 points (I am using my DVC points)

2) Saturday night DLH standard view then GCH DTD view for remainder of visit = 111 points

I got a decent price on airfare, but the flight out from Orlando on Saturday 2/23 is at 6:30am, so it will be a long day. The special event takes place on Monday night.

Thanks for your thoughts! :mickey:

tinkwest
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I am not a big fan of moving in the midst of a visit so I would personally go with choice #1. Not to say it is better, just more appealing to me.

Carol
12-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I agree with Linda - especially since it's the same point allotment.

Aisling
12-13-2007, 03:33 PM
The DTD views from GCH are okay, but not worth a move in the middle of your stay. Get in, get comfy and stay at the GCH the whole time. We've gotten lucky our past few visits where we had a standard view and it was better than the more expensive park view!

doombuggy
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Someone on another board suggested the standard view, requesting a courtyard view. Sat. might be the only night for fireworks, so I might end up going over to the park anyway....

Thanks for the input, I will call member services this evening...

:mickey:

BrerGnat
12-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I was just going to suggest option #1, and request courtyard view. We just stayed in a concierge "standard" view room and we had the courtyard view which turned out to be great! It was SO quiet, and you can watch the monorail go by.

I personally would NEVER stay in the DTD view. DTD gets very loud in the evenings, especially on weekends, as musicians set up shop and play...LOUDLY! No matter how good the sound insulation is, you will hear the music in your room, and it continues really late (like until midnight).

I stayed GCH theme park view and it was okay, but I actually preferred our standard view in the courtyard.