PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, please help with ADR's!

Mrs. TK
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Hello All!!

I've made my ADR's but now, of course, I'm second guessing myself. I'd like to know your opinion on my list and I have a couple of questions. We are on the dinning plan (the regular) and these are all only TS meals. I have no idea on CS!!

Ok, here goes...

1/26/08 we arrive at 12:30. I have us down for a counter service dinner or pay OOP for a table service.

1/27 SUN: Chef Mickey's, bfast (I've heard good and bad on this one)

1/28 MON: Playhouse Disney, bfast (I'm willing to let this one go.)

1/29 TUE: Garden Grill, dinner

1/30 WED: Princess Storybook @ Akershus, bfast

1/31 THU: Donald's Safari Tusker House, bfast

2/01 FRI: Ohana's dinner

2/02 SAT: Whispering Canyon, bfast (this is where I'm weary... we depart at 4:30pm our ressies are for 8:50am) I really want to go here so should I move it to another day if possible?

We (my husband and I) are going with our 2 kids, ds 5.5 and dd 2.5, my mom aunt and sister along with her good friend.

Any advice from some verterns???

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
:blush: Although the restaurants all look pretty good, I was just wondering why you are using your table service on mostly breakfast...is it to get the character experience? I just have a hard time using my table service on breakfast when it is a cheaper meal for the most part than dinner or even lunch....however, may make an exception for Kona Cafe or one or two of the character breakfasts....everyone is different so if that's your preference I don't know of anything bad about any of these really....counter service favorites seem to be MK-Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills AK-Flametree BBQ MGM-Backlot Express EPcot-Cantina San Angel/ Downtown Wolfgang Puck Express

Disneyatic
12-11-2007, 05:35 PM
It looks like you have some good choices.
I have read alot of comments about breakfast not being the best choice when using the DDP because you don't quite break even with the purchase price (I think $35 per adult) especially now that tip isn't included. But we still like to mix our breakfast and dinners up on our trips.

What about doing Whispering Canyon on your first day and then paying OOP for one of the breakfasts during the trip?
The info central tab has restuarant info with menus and prices so you could check which breakfast buffet you have booked is cheapest and pick that one to pay OOP for.

Mysttree
12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Your CS will actually be pretty simple. Here are a few of our favorites.
Epcot- both Morroco & England have GREAT CS, which are right next door their TS restuarants. If you like Japanese or Chinese they have CS there too!
MGM- the Backlot express is our usual CS here, but we often get a turkey leg & graze as we walk
MK- Casey's Corner a hot-dog/hamburger style on corner of Main St USA or Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland. They also have a kiosk of McD's french fries for the kid in all of us :blush:
AK- your choices are much more limited here. We usually stop at a little kiosk over near flights of wonder or Flame tree bar-b-que.
Hope this helps- have fun with the kids

Tygger7
12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I agree with what the other posters have said...if you're on the dining plan, you aren't getting your full money's worth by doing primarily breakfasts and buffets.

My recommendation would be to pay for any breakfasts you want out of pocket, as that will be a LOT cheaper than paying for dinners out of pocket. You can still do character meals, and you also have CS meals for lunch.

Some dinner suggestions, based on my experiences and recommendations:
-Chef Mickey's (Contemporary)
-Crystal Palace (MK)
-Whispering Canyon (WL-their dinner is FANTASTIC and one of my favorites)
-Sci Fi Drive In Theater (DHS-this is just plain fun)
-Le Cellier (Epcot-WS)
-Kona (Poly)
-Akersush (sp??) - You can do the character meal for dinner instead

If you want to use 2-TS for a meal, check out California Grill, Hoop Dee Doo Review, or the Yachtsman Steak House.

Definitely check out the menus and prices so you get a feel for what you're getting for the money....and you can see what tickles your tastebuds! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps...and Welcome to Intercot!!

LONESTAR
12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
You wont be disappointed in chef mickey's. We eat there every trip. For good counter service at the studios go to the ABC Commissary.

KAT1811
12-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I agree with everyone about the breakfasts. I would keep your must dos and change the others to dinners. There are so many great eateries in WDW that go so far beyond eggs and bacon. Some of our favorites are:

San Angel Inn
California Grill
Le Cellier
Concourse Steakhouse
1900 Park Fare (character dinner)
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Whispering Canyon
Mama Melrose

I'd personally try to mix it up a bit. There are some great breakfast treats that aren't at TS restaurants.

Iluvpooh
12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I LOVE Chef Mickey's and believe it or not the Playhouse Disney Lunch at H&V wound up being one of the best meals we had on a 9 day trip. The desserts were :cloud9:

Cinderelley
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
I think you would enjoy Whispering Canyon more at dinnertime. I don't think they do the antics for breakfast. Are you staying at Wilderness Lodge or anywhere close to it, that you can maybe switch it to your first night?

Mrs. TK
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your responses!

My reason for doing mostly breakfast's is b/c we are big bfast eaters. On most of our vacations we like to have a big breakfast and then were good til dinner. My mom and aunt are both diabetics and do not like to eat too late in the evening's so that was another reason.

I just read some of the menus and reviews and I think I'd really like to try Kona for dinner. I tried to get Le Cellier and they are booked for the entire week. :( Any other good steakhouse type places??

I'll see if I can move WCC to a dinner...

Cinderelley
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Which days are going to be in which parks?

KAT1811
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Any other good steakhouse type places??

We LOVE the Concourse Steakhouse!!!

DawsonAR
12-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I think you will enjoy each of them. We have been to all of them except Tusker House. We will visit there in January. Looks Good!