PDA

View Full Version : So Excited!!!

cajunprincess
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I just booked next years Disney trip. I am very excited!! My son, who has been before but doesn't remember it, is even more excited. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 7 nights. Only 266 days to go and they are dragging already! Anyone with any info on AKL, I am more than willing to hear it as it will be our first time there.......help me celebrate!!!:party:

ldn324
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Congratulations! We just spent 4 of our 9 nights at AKL from 12/1-12/5. It's a great place to stay and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Do you have a Savannah view room? We had the Kudo Trail, Arusha Savannah and saw tons of animals each day. There is storytelling each night at 6:30 at the outside firepit which was nice. Afterwards they have a parade for the kids.

Dining is awesome too - Boma, Jiko and Mara all are great. The pool is nice too, although it was a little chilly for us to use it last week. Definitely set aside some of your time to explore the resort itself because there is so much to do and see there, it's almost a vacation in itself!

Don't worry - time will fly by and your trip will be here before you know it. And the excitement will build too!

faline
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Great resort choice! We just stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge a couple of months ago.

Be sure to check out the various kid activities that take place at the resort!

You may want to ask resort related questions in that forum.

BigRedDad
12-11-2007, 02:23 PM
My DW and I stayed there for our Honeymoon. Great resort, great atmosphere, great dining. There was only one down-side and it might have been due to 9/11, the bus transportation for us was slow. We sometimes shared with the All-Stars depending on how crowded the bus was when leaving a park. Like I said, this may have been due to 9/11 and it is not like that any more.

baby minnie's mommy
12-11-2007, 04:09 PM
:thumbsup: AK Lodge - good choice! We love it there! Having the animals there makes it a unique experience.

When you first enter the resort it will seem dark, but I've noticed the darkness in the entrance allows for a stunning view of the rear glass outlook and the artwork on it, if the sun is shining.