PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Lights Question

DigitalDaredevil
12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I did not see this posted if it is a repost, I apologize.

In the Osborne Family Lights on the globe made of lights, what is the significance of the flashing arrow pointing to the middle right of the United States. I asked a CM and they did not know, but it is clearly a flashing arrow.

Thanks.

SgtTigger
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
is it where Little Rock Arkansas is?????

That is where Mr Osborne lives at......

Best I could come up with.......

:cop: :tigger:

DigitalDaredevil
12-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow, that was a fast reply, and thanks by the way. I love my fellow Disney Fans!
I found out the reasons and quite a back story.
The arrow marks Little Rock, Arkansas and the crucifix marks Bethlehem.
The lights started by Mr. Osborne for his daughter who was born after he and his wife suffered several miscarriages. The display was on his house and got so big that he bought other properties to expand it up to 3 million lights. Neighbors complained about the traffic and inconvenience to them and Mr. Osborne had part time police in place and shut the lights off after a certain hour to alleviate problems. Then one day after he had turned the lights off, he turned them on again for a family violating rule which cost him $10,000 in fines and also made him shut the lights down for good. A few cities were interested in the display but Disney approached him asking to put them on a residential street. Osborne did not realize that Disney meant the residential street was on the property, specifically the Backlot Tour residential street. Disney prevailed and got the display. After the residential street scene was removed for the Lights, Motors, Action show, it was moved to the streets of America where it has remained since.