PDA

View Full Version : So am I back in Florida???

murphy1
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
It has been almost 80 degrees here in North Ga for about three days! My neighbor was laughing at my dh b/c we was sitting next to the blow up snow globe penguin in our front yard watching the kids in the culdesac while in a beach chair, drinking a :beer: with shorts on! LOL. This is the kind of holiday I'm used to, but we don't have palm trees!

MartyS
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
We have been having record high temps here in the Fort Worth area( mid to upper 80's), but a cold front moved in yesterday, dropping temps to the 40's with drizzle. It's mid - december and we haven't had a frost yet. Weird weather, but I'll take it. Lots of times, the weather we have here, ends up in the southeast a couple of days later.

Kidsmom
12-10-2007, 07:39 PM
The kids had a 2-hour school delay this morning. Snow outside, but not too much. Going skiing on Wednesday....it is getting a lot like Christmas!!!

But it is nice the weather is great down there, that's why we go south for vacation!

Enjoy your shorts, while I snuggle in my turtle necks!

(I am in up-state NY)

Terra
12-11-2007, 07:57 AM
lol...sounds like Florida!!
I'm just thankful it's actually been a little cooler here!! I love the winters in Florida!!

And I WISH you were back here again for a bit!!

IloveDisney71
12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm right here on the Gulf Coast and we've been having really warm, HUMID weather. We had a cold snap where we actually had some frost and everyone was excited to pull some sweaters and other winter clothes out. But the past few days, we've been pulling out t-shirts, capris & shorts!
Oh well...that's "winter" on the gulf coast for you! What's funny is that the extended forecast for my upcoming trip is saying that it will be colder at Disney than it has been here for the past few days! :D

murphy1
12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Terra, thanks, me too!!

My sister moved to NC but my parents aren't sure they are moving up there, and I really want to go back to FL! I hate being so landlocked plus the kids want to move to Florida, too. I have been showing John some houses in Brandon and a couple other areas outside Tampa, I just love it there and the schools are good, so we'll see.

Terra
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
oh boy, that would be great!!!!!! Keep me posted!

bleukarma
12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Terra, thanks, me too!!

My sister moved to NC but my parents aren't sure they are moving up there, and I really want to go back to FL! I hate being so landlocked plus the kids want to move to Florida, too. I have been showing John some houses in Brandon and a couple other areas outside Tampa, I just love it there and the schools are good, so we'll see.

Shari, I have a house in Brandon that I can sell ya! :thumbsup::mickey:

Today the high is 82 and I'm wearing a tank top. Is it December or July??!

ldn324
12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Last Wednesday, we left a "chilly" 68º in Orlando to come home to 25º, about 6 inches of snow, followed by almost a solid week with no sunshine. Now we are in a little heat wave...so to speak...as it was a toasty 41º when I went out for lunch earlier. No fear though, because it should start snowing again tomorrow and I think they said it would continue until about April. :crazy:

I was born and grew up in N Ga and what I wouldn't give for 80º right now...:( Enjoy it while it lasts. And enjoy some for those of us living in the frozen tundra!