PDA

View Full Version : What do you get at AKLV concierge?

Kidsmom
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
As a new person to DVC, and yet to stay at our resort (AKL) I have read some comments on it being hard to get concierge and value rooms. I get people using points for value, but why is concierge good. It seems like a lot more points for what exactly??

Thanks for any information.

DVC Mike
12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I have never stayed in a Concierge/Club room.

However, the lounge has food - breakfast had things like fresh fruits, bagels, muffins, cereal and oatmeal. Dinner has things like chicken skewers, cheese, soup and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. There are always plenty of beverages and snacks throughout the day.

You also get daily housekeeping and the ability to book the Sunrise Safari and Sunset Savannah tours. CM's will also help you book dining reservations.

Disneytrotters
12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
We were in a Concierge/Club room during our past September stay and loved it. The lounge was a great place to cool off and have some snacks/drinks, and the people were extremely helpful. There are 5 different food service times in the lounge, and that will pretty much take care of the need to use any snack credits if you are on the DDP. We really enjoyed their breakfast offerings. In the early evening, the "happy hour" foods were mainly of the African nature, and we enjoyed them immensely. Jana, a Concierge employee, was very helpful and even changed some difficult dinner reservations for us. We would highly recommend this.

Also, the Sunrise Safari was alot of fun. Oh yeah...turndown service was great! Love those chocolate mints!!! :party:

ThanxForNoticin
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Some folks will find the AKL concierge to be a terrrific perk and worth a few extra points. Others will not. We have done the AKL conciege a couple times and feel it is one of the best concierge services at Disney. Basically, you will have access to food and drinks most of the day - included. We will use it often for breakfast, and also later at night for snacks. In my opinion, if you are on any kind of dining plan and spending your time in restaurants, it's not worth the concierge for the food options.

We have also done the Sunrise Safari as a concierge guest, and it's one of the best experiences we've enjoyed at Disney. There is an additional charge for the Safari, but it's open only to concierge guests.

Only you can really decide if it's worth the extra points. Perhaps you would be better taking the Value rooms and staying an entire extra night!

Kidsmom
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks for your input.

We are staying 8 nights at Savannah view 2 bedroom in April and have every night booked out with the restaurants already.

We do love to enjoy 2 hour nice dinners each night (the kids handle it well) so it does seem that this probably wouldn't be great for us unless we want to do the safari.

I will keep it in mind in the future.

ThanxForNoticin
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
8 nights in a savannah-view 2BR sounds like a great trip! If you are really interested, while you are there on this trip ask one of the cast members if they will take you up to the concierge lounge for a look. You need a concierge room key to get to the level, but I'm sure if you have a few minutes, you can see what's in the lounge. Have a great trip.