PDA

View Full Version : Merry Mixer

xrayvision
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Has anyone been to the Merry Mixer at the International Gateway on Thursdays this month? What are they doing at this get together? Any freebees being given away?:santa3:

DVC Mike
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I just went to the mixer on 12/6.

They had cookies and cider, games for kids, sales of limited edition DVC pins, a drawing for a special prize, and you get a free holiday ornament.

xrayvision
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks DVC Mike. Appreciate the help. Never been to it and I had wondered if it would be worth attending. How long did you stay? We will go right at 3:00 as we will have to head out to the airport later. We will try to attend the Welcome Home Wed. at Atlantic Dance, also. Never been to that. What goes on there? This is our first trip as DVC owners. Daughter used points in past year.

Maleficent's Dad
12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
The mixers are usually nice get-togethers.

They had one celebrating the AKLV in the summer that we attended. There are some minor freebees (2 years ago in December a Christmas ornament, in the summer it was a DVC hat) as well as drinks and snacks (non-alcoholic). This summer they had South African wine for sale, but I don't recall any alcohol in December. :scratch:

It's a nice diversion and they entertain the kids with music and sometimes characters.

tinkerbell04
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
:mickey:I have been to several of the Merry Mixers and each time there were characters there in their Holiday garb and a photo pass photographer was on hand to take pictures. We have enjoyed the ones that we attended and will be returning on 12-13

disneycouple2004
12-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds fun..will there be one on Thurs Dec 27th ??..if so where and what time ??

tinkerbell04
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Sounds fun..will there be one on Thurs Dec 27th ??..if so where and what time ??

Not sure if there is one on the 27th, but if there is, it will be just outside the international Gateway between Beach Club and Epcot, and they run from 3-5. You just need one membership card per party.:mickey:

disneycouple2004
12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
cool...thanks a million..we will check i out :thumbsup:

AuntiePeep
12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
We've been told there is a MM on the 27th and we are planning to attend so hope the info is correct. Hope to see you there!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-15-2007, 12:31 AM
I was extremely disappointed with the MM.

I've never seen so many Disney families together who were so boring. I mean, no one was talking to other members, just to those in their group.

No one was dancing to the music (not even the YMCA or Macarena or even....the Chicken Dance). I was dancing but everyone looked at me like I had no right to be enjoying myself.

It cost $4 for a 12 oz can of soda.....

The cookies were gross....

It was sad and boring...I don't think it should be called a 'mixer' because no one was mixing with each other. They just gathered in one place, sat and sulked.

As a side note, I found a slight bit of humor in knowing my member dues were are at work in paying for the 6 characters to be there for 2.5 hours (I believe the current rate is $2000/hr per character?)