PDA

View Full Version : Do your kids call Disney World something else?Ours is Mickeys house..

goofiecrazy
12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
From the time my son was a baby till now(he will be 5 in may) We have always called Disney World Mickeys house.Now we have our daughter calling it the same thing as well(she will be 3 in june).Even when the planes fly by going south from our house the kids will say the plane is going to Mickeys house.My son is now calling it Disney World once in awhile but still says Mickeys house.

What does your kids call Disney World?DId they have a special name they called it?I was wondering if my kids were the only ones who had a different name for it.Even AK they call it the animal park..

Beast_fanatic
12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, I don't have kids, but I call WDW Mickey's house about half the time... :blush:

RedheadWriter
12-09-2007, 11:22 PM
:thumbsup:My mom's only child calls it her second home :)

baby minnie's mommy
12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Our DD's (age 2) first trip was to AK, so now she calls WDW "Animal Kingdom" even though she's been to all the parks. :D

We frequently visit the DS at our mall, and when we talk about going to Disneyworld she thinks she's going to the DS. She also calls the DS "DisneyWorld." :) When I explain we'll be staying at a hotel, riding Dumbo,the "horses" (carousel), seeing the animals and the real Mickey, then she understands.

NJBelle
12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't have kids but my little brother calls Disney World something really cute. He's 4 and hasn't been to WDW since he was 1 or 2. However, he loves watching the "Magic Kig-nom" movie (aka Planning Video) and is counting the days till be goes to see Mickey at 'Dizzy World.' For some reason he can't say Disney. We have this little song. I sing, "Where are we going in___ days?" And he'll sing, "Going to Dizzy World! WHOO!" He's so cute!

MizMissy
12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
My DS5 had his first trip to WDW in September. We hit EPCOT first because we had dinner reservations there that evening and I wanted him to see the Castle in the morning for the first time. Well, he liked EPCOT enough, but kept asking when were we going to the "REAL Disney World." So, MK is the "Real Disney World."

poeticeclipse
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
My family often calls it "The Land of the Mouse."

Flower
12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
When Brandon was about 19 months old he started calling Mickey 'GONAY' - Nobody has any idea where GONAY came from. He is almost 4 now and he still calls Mickey GONAY and of course when we go to WDW we go to GONAY's House.

He will look at a picture of Mickey and say GONAY, and then in the next breath call him Mickey - totally weird!!!!

ps - his 'blankie' is a GONKIE...a GONKIE????? Kids say the darndest things I guess!

tyandskyesmom
12-14-2007, 12:39 PM
We call it "Mickey's House"too and they also do the plane thing...they are all either going to Mickey's house or coming home from Mickey's house!

18 more days!!!

malz288
12-15-2007, 11:29 AM
when i was younger, i believed florida was in disney world. i really believed disney world was a state, and florida was just a little part of it.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Well, I think 'til I was about 12 we used to call it simply "Peter Pan"..like in "are we going to Peter Pan?" :D

disneyboundagain
12-15-2007, 10:28 PM
DD4 calls it Disney. Brother-in-law calls it "house of mouse".

PS - Just finished driving 1000 miles. Sitting in a hotel on I-drive. 2 days at Universal, 1 at Sea World, AND THEN 8 DAYS AT THE HOUSE OF MOUSE AT THE CR. Sorry, just a little excited!

MickeyLa
12-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Our daughters don't have a different name for Disney World, but both called Mickey Mouse "High High", because of the Mickey Mouse Club March song (...forever let us hold our banner high, high, high, high!) So when we went to Disney World, we were going to see High High!

Ed
12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
when i was younger, i believed florida was in disney world. i really believed disney world was a state, and florida was just a little part of it.

Reminds me of a little story...

Before we moved down here, we brought two young grandkids (who had been to WDW the previous year) on one of our trips. We spent a week near Tampa with family, and when we left there, the older one asked where we were going. I told him "Oh, I think we'll stop for a few days at a little place that has lots of rides, and a big mouse lives there."

To which he replied:

"FLORIDA!!!!!"

It took a while to explain to him that he had been in Florida for a week already.

And to this day, he and his brother still refer to us as Gram Florida and Pop Florida.

:mickey: