PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for victims of shooting

Mousefever
12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
There was a shooting in my neighborhood last night at a missionary training facility. The 20 year old suspect apparently walked in and asked for lodging. When he was denied lodging, he pulled a gun and shot four people in their 20's. Two of the victims have died and two are still in the hospital.

I received a reverse 911 call last night at 2:30 am saying that there had been a shooting close by. The suspect is still at large as of this morning.

I didn't even know where the shooting was until our minister mentioned it this morning.

If you pray, please pray for these young people and the folks they've left behind.

Thanks,
Amy

BronxTigger
12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I saw that on the news. It's so crazy. And especially this close to Christmas it makes it even harder to deal with.

Scary for you that it was in your neighborhood.

:pixie: and prayers for all involved.

DisneyTwirler13!
12-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, it's a terrible treagedy. :( My thoughts and prayers are with those people in this hard time.

Ohhohohhhh*ItsMagic
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I just saw this tragic news when I turned on the computer. I am so sorry to hear that it happened so close to home for you. My prayers go out to the victims,their families and everyone involved.

Dsnygirl
12-09-2007, 02:33 PM
:( Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about that... how terrible. I'll be sending prayers and :pixie: your way, and for the families as well... how scary to know it was so close, and how tragic for the families involved.

EmporerStitch
12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
i know how you feel, the shooting here in omaha last week in westroads mall hit really hard for me because i knew the kid who did it and went to school with him. I didnt hear of the one by you yet but i prolly will tonight. I dont know what has gotten into people lately shooting others so close to a holiday and in the case here several innocent shoppers didnt get to go home to their families and wrap the presents they got. :(

EPCOT84
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
They are in my prayers and here is some:pixie:for yourself and your Minister having to learn about this today.

BronxTigger
12-09-2007, 04:28 PM
:confused: There was another shooting in Colorado today too.....at least 4 people shot at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. WHAT is going on? :confused:

Mousefever
12-09-2007, 05:09 PM
:confused: There was another shooting in Colorado today too.....at least 4 people shot at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. WHAT is going on? :confused:

There is some speculation here in Colorado that the two shootings may be somehow related. If I learn anything new, I'll let you know.

Amy

BronxTigger
12-09-2007, 05:26 PM
There is some speculation here in Colorado that the two shootings may be somehow related. If I learn anything new, I'll let you know.

Amy

Yeah I saw that. I used to live in Denver (and Lakewood, and Longmont...) and still skim the Denver news most days because I still have many friends there. It's sad what is going on there today.

faline
12-09-2007, 05:43 PM
These multiple shootings are happening far too freqently. How sad.

mrsgaribaldi
12-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Mousefever
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
The latest information is that the shooter in Colorado Springs, at the New Life Church is dead. He was shot by a security guard at the church. There was also a victim shot and killed in the parking lot of the church. It is unconfirmed whether or not the two shootings are related.

Amy