PDA

View Full Version : Benches

PrincessASquared
12-09-2007, 11:09 AM
After spending all day walking around the parks and standing in lines I am sure most peoples feet are aching. Is there a reason they make us stand in another line to wait for the busses to return us to the resorts. Why wouldnt they put benches there? I figure there must be a reason. Does anyone know? Just curious, Thanks.

mainemajor
12-09-2007, 12:10 PM
My thought would be that benches would make it next to impossible to queue for the busses. Imagine how many benches you would need to accomidate the thousands of people leaving at once.
Just my thoughts

Main Street Jim
12-09-2007, 12:27 PM
My thought would be that benches would make it next to impossible to queue for the busses. Imagine how many benches you would need to accomidate the thousands of people leaving at once.:thumbsup: You got it. Also imagine trying to navigate a queue full of benches after a long day at the parks, and also don't forget that wheelchairs and ECVs also need to wind through the queues before boarding buses.

BelleandtheBeast
12-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I think benches would be nice for older people visiting Disney.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Benches would be nice but not as orderly. Some people would sit, others would stand, and it would form a situation in which people might argue about who got there first because it is harder to form a line. I think it would create more hassle in the end.

TheRustyScupper
12-09-2007, 06:27 PM
1) All of the above are good reasons for WDW.
2) But, there is a good reason for the guest.
3) Ever stand after sitting and resting tired legs?
4) Ouch, ouch, and ouch.

PirateLover
12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Usually there are benches behind the actual line. My boyfriend just had back surgery and once or twice he opted to sit on the bench while I waited in line, and then join me when the bus got there. Also, we just sit on the ground sometimes. I love the lines that have actual rails because you can lean against them and do stretches and things.

Von-Drake
12-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I know when we travel to Disney with my grandmother, or my wife's grandmother, they would also sit on the benches behind the line queue while we waited in line, until the bus got there. It worked out well for us.

SignguyTom
12-10-2007, 11:14 AM
People (especially kids) sit on the ground waiting for the busses. Seems lining the queue with benches wouldn't really be that much different, just more comfy.

#1donaldfan
12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm sure you mean benches in the "actual" line...but there are benches behind most bus stops....we've used them, and once we see our bus approaching we get up and enter the line. Now, with that, we only do that, IF, the line is not very long to begin with.....:mickey:

Tink#64
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
The experiences all seem the same! We sit on the ground. Sometimes DS's sit & sometimes they are still running around. My DM takes a bench if provided nearby & then joins us when the bus is arriving. I don't really care whether it 's a bench or on the ground, usually by that time I just want to sit! But having something to lean against is definitely a plus! :thumbsup: