PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef....

Sunshine1010
12-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Is it nicer to sit next to the aquarium at Coral Reef....or away from it so you can see the whole height of the aquarium?

disneymom2000
12-09-2007, 07:00 AM
I like to sit right up close to the aquarium so I can get up close and personal with everything. Also, unless it has changed since I was last there, it is pretty dark in the restaurant and the aquarium gives me a little extra light. But if you are farther away, you may see a more variety of fish than limiting yourself to what comes next to your table when you sit closer. But it is all very awesome.

Strmchsr
12-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Adults can see from anywhere. Children have a little harder time seeing farther away. Of course, it's pretty tough to get an aquarium-side seat since that's what everyone wants.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I prefer sitting further away. I like getting the overall view.

BrerStitch
12-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Our recent trip this year was our first time eating at the Coral Reef and we were seated on the second tier of the restaurant. I thought this was perfect. We were close enough that we got a great view, but we were also able to see the whole aquarium.

There was even a team of divers that was in there while we were eating dinner! And the Alaskan King Crab legs are awesome!!!!:thumbsup:

Kidsmom
12-09-2007, 10:09 AM
My kids LOVE alaskan king crabs, but it is not listed on the menu on this site. Is this something new or only at certain times? How much is it per pound? We eat 4 lbs as a family at other restaurants. Will is break our bank??

Thanks!

3Cabsfan
12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I've always enjoyed sitting next to the aquarium. Makes it a little more private.

The Flying Dutchman
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
The Mrs and I love Coral Reef! We enjoy sitting right next to the tank itself. However, you should be warned that your dinner could be interupted by kids or even adults with cameras that want to see something that is right next to you. Its usually not a big deal, but I am sure that it bothers some people to have people constantly coming up next to their table while trying to eat.

wonderalice23
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
We had a table right next to the aquarium last time. It was soo great, a sea turtle(I think) kept coming up next to us. I had to order "turf" though, because I felt guilty! lol!:secret: It was very yummy, nonetheless.

BriarRose0708
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Our recent trip this year was our first time eating at the Coral Reef and we were seated on the second tier of the restaurant. I thought this was perfect. We were close enough that we got a great view, but we were also able to see the whole aquarium.

Agreed! The second tier is the best place for an overall view while at the same time being close enough to see the fish and marinelife with some detail.

tyandskyesmom
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
We have eaten there a few times and once been right up on the tank, once the first row of booths and the last time in the last row...I had heard that there is a good view from everywhere but that last time, we could not see anything!!!! Especially the kids but even the adults...next time we have a lunch ADR at the first seating so as to maximize our chances of getting tank side seats...we will be there a bit early too!

Sunshine1010
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
What day are you going to Coral Reef? I'll be there the same week as you and I plan on going there for lunch one day as well.

tyandskyesmom
12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
We'll be at the Reef at 11:30am on Saturday 1-12-07...when will you be there?

brown1442
12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
We just ate there this past Friday actually!! We sat in the second row and had a GREAT view of the tanks... the kids loved it!!

I was NOT impressed with the staff there though... VERY rude!! We waited over 40 minutes after our ADR on top of having gotten their 30 minutes early (so over an hour total). They were NASTY!

Our meal took over 2.5 hours total too because they were so slow... but the food was good. The crab legs were delicious (and I believe $31.99).

Sunshine1010
12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Brown - I hope my service is better than what you had. I'm sorry it happened......bad service can sometimes ruin a meal.

Ty - I'll be at WDW from Jan. 2 -12. So I'll miss you. We'll be at Coral Reef on January 9th - 11:30am. Look for a redhead if you decide to come over.

GrmGrninGost
12-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I have to say the Coral Reef has become my favorite TS restaurant at WDW! And, having sat next to the tank and also back from it, I prefer to be close! It's really cool to have a shark or a sea turtle swim by 8 inches from you!