PDA

View Full Version : WDW Water Question

mulderxcoltrane
12-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Ok - so we've been enough times to know WDW water smells and tastes a little....odd.

But - is it cold from the fountains?

We're thinking of buying a sport water bottle with a filter as long as the fountan water is cold.

Anyone know?

LONESTAR
12-08-2007, 11:29 PM
We just got back from the world. I only used the fountains twice :ack: once at AK and once at MK but I don't recall them being cold. The one at AK might have been cool. But the counter service restaurants will give you a glass of ice water that you could pour in your bottle.

JPL
12-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I think I would rather dehydrate than use the fountains :ack:

#1donaldfan
12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
We've used the fountains to refill our spray/fan bottle. They are not ice cold, but they are cool enough to spray a "cool" mist on you while standing in line. I don't like drinking it, but in an emergency, or long, long line I'd take a sip...I'm sure it's "ok" to drink, it's just not what I like doing. I hope I helped answer you...have a great time.:thumbsup:

wedway76
12-09-2007, 09:36 AM
On just about every trip to WDW I have some kind of stomach “issue”. I’ve kinda’ suspected the water, but could be from eating different food, or a change in activity level, but water is definitely the prime suspect. It’s never enough to spoil my good time, but my stomach just isn’t “right”.

DisneyTwirler13!
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Maybe it's because I live here, but I've never noticed anything wrong with the water in the water fountains at WDW. I use them all the time and I've never had anything happen to me.

DizneyRox
12-09-2007, 01:04 PM
On just about every trip to WDW I have some kind of stomach “issue”. I’ve kinda’ suspected the water, but could be from eating different food, or a change in activity level, but water is definitely the prime suspect. It’s never enough to spoil my good time, but my stomach just isn’t “right”.
I can all but confirm this as well.

Since I have stopped drinking tap water at WDW, my stomach has been fine. Remember, any fountain drinks also use tap water, so you need to stick with everything bottled.

FL water, WDW is particular has to be the worst I've ever encountered.

tinklover
12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Yes the water from the fountains is cold. We were just ther ein may and we had our DDs' sippy cups with us and had proppel packets in the diaper bag and we would stop and fill up at a water fountain and then add the powder.

mac badger
12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
i dont mind the water either, its a little different than my north florida water, but not by much. on the other hand, when i go visit family in ohio, i think that water tastes really off. so its all what you are used to. but the water is definitely safe in disney. its not cold out of the fountains, but cool. as stated above, you can get a free ice water at counter service restaurants.

3Cabsfan
12-09-2007, 01:22 PM
The cluster of four water fountains going into the entrance of the Animation Tour at the Studios is the only COLD and I mean COLD fountain that I know of. I am a 20 year cast member and am somewhat embarassed at the quality of our fountains!

Speedy1998
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Maybe it's because I live here, but I've never noticed anything wrong with the water in the water fountains at WDW.

You are correct, I never noticed anything wrong with the water at Disney when I lived in FL. It was only after I moved away that I discovered FL water smells and taste funny.

BelleandtheBeast
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
The water is fine. I have no problems with water fountains though. It is way cheaper then buying drinks all day and it is cool enough.:mickey:

Exo
12-09-2007, 06:41 PM
warm and awful from every fountain we've been to. They want you to buy the overpriced bottled water :thumbsup:

PrincessEmmasMommy
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes the water from the fountains is cold. We were just ther ein may and we had our DDs' sippy cups with us and had proppel packets in the diaper bag and we would stop and fill up at a water fountain and then add the powder.

I agree with the flavored packets. We also used the crystal lite ones. With the flavors the water was fine.
Jen

JPL
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
They want you to buy the overpriced bottled water :thumbsup:

Actually Compared to other places the bottled water is very reasonable.

But I guess considering it runs about a $1.25-$1.50 a bottle in most stores around me the $2.00-$3.00 a bottle isn't too bad at WDW.

CaptainSad
12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
You haven't tasted great water until you try ours up here on Cape Cod. Yes I find the Water down there to be unbearable:ack:. Even when you take a shower it smells different. I use bottled water when I'm down there. I don't drink soda anymore so I won't miss that. Unfortunately the ice is still Florida water. I try my best to stay away from it.

WDWfanatic742
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm like the other Floridians on here. I just don't notice it being that bad :confused:

PirateLover
12-10-2007, 12:36 AM
I also generally despise Disney water. However I learned on this last trip that a few water fountains are actually filtered! I learned this from security bag checker when we entered Epcot through the World Showcase gate. We had a half full bottle of Dasani and he told us to fill it up at the water fountains just past the turnstiles because it was filtered. I was very suspicious, but lo and behold the water was splendid! Nicely chilled and no bad taste. I have no clue if there are any other fountains like this in the world because it's the only one I tried. My cousin used one in Adventureland and wasn't really a fan...

Von-Drake
12-10-2007, 07:52 AM
It would be nice to find out which other fountains are filtered. I just do not like the taste, but I do have people in my family, who avoid drinking the water down there like it is the plague. It has upset their stomachs in the past.

SoaringEpcot
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
We just got back yesterday and the only park where the water smelled and tasted bad was at Magic Kingdom. I did have a stomach issue for two days while we were there, and I think it was the water. None of the fountains that I used were cold, mostly just cool to warm.

emmingo
12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't like the smell of the water, but I think its because Disney has its own system, whereas up here in Chicago, we're used to water from the city supply...? I always hesitate to say its bad because heaven knows whats in the stuff up here.

I've always bought a case or so of water at CostCo and pack it into the checked baggage, a few bottles per, and we use it for tooth-brushing and during the day. Be careful about refilling water bottles, tho...they can carry bacteria that will grow over a few days of re-use and make you sick! :ill:

Buzz_Burbank
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
What all of you are smelling and tasting in WDW's water (and a large part of the rest of FL) is limestone. The underlying rock in almost all of the Florida peninsula is limestone. The rock is very soluable in water and this is the reason that there are so many springs (like Silver Springs), caverns and underground rivers in the state. This is also where those pesky sinkholes come from too.

My personal experience is that while some water fountains are refrigerated most are not. A wild guess would be 20% refrigerated and 80% not. As for the taste all WDW water tastes a bit "skunky" to me though the Magic Kingdom seems to be worse than the other parks. For what's it's worth the water in Osceola County where Kissimmee is located tastes somewhat better than the water in Orange County which is where WDW is. Be glad that WDW isn't located in Ft Lauderdale. I've stayed there many times and the water looks a little brown when you fill up the sink......