PDA

View Full Version : perks to the membership

sophielab1
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Forgive me if this post has been done before.
I was looking over the benefits online, and I was wondering what other things are offered to dvc members. I thought I had heard that valet is free for dvc members? And other not so known benefits.
Thanks

dlpmikki
12-09-2007, 04:56 AM
All benefits of membership can be changed at any time by Disney so what is there today may not be there tomorrow - but there may be something better! You get free valet parking at DVC resorts that offer it. You get a generous discount on an annual pass. You get various dining and shopping discounts. You get discounts on behind the scene tours and other activities like Sammy Duvall water sports.

Some of the discounts are similar to ones you get with an AP but some are just DVC.

ldn324
12-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I just returned from our trip and have the Portable Perks booklet right in front of me.

Here are some things listed:
Discounts on - several tours, children's activities, recreation and relaxation (spas, golf, etc.). shopping, floral, boat rentals, Alamo car rental.

Most of the discounts are either 10 or 20% Some dining discounts could either be lunch or dinner or some are for both.

For free, you get valet parking at any DVC resort and several deluxe resorts (which we used a lot this trip), use of the fitness facility at any DVC resort, free video/dvd rental at any DVC resort.

I know from past experience that we also get a discount on APs and the AP discount is sometimes better than the DVC discount. Still a good deal though.

Just remember to ask wherever you are if there is a DVC discount. We forgot to take advantage of it several times this trip, but some CMs will ask you up front so you can save some $$.

Let me know if you have any questions on specific locations that offer the discount and I'll be happy to check my book. :mickey:

CarolMN
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I think the best DVC perk is the discount members receive when purchasing an AP or PAP. Members get $100 off for an AP or $125 off for a PAP. :)

link removed as per terms of service

As others have mentioned, the DVC perks/discounts can and do change, so it's not a good idea to base any part of your purchase decision on them.

Horizon93
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Add to that free high speed internet access beginning in 2008 for all members staying on points.

Donald A
12-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Perks change, lately for the better.

When we joined in November 2006 there were like 2 restaurants in the entire resort (excluding Downtown Disney) with member discounts. Now there are many more at almost all the resorts and parks. Our next trip we get a discount at Spoodles for breakfast and dinner at Cape May Cafe. These are just out of the ADRs we made. We printed out an updated list in case we want to consider a quick lunch somewhere else.