PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Hilton Head

JWDisneyFan
12-08-2007, 07:15 AM
After several years in a row of Disney, DH and I decided that we wanted to do a beach vacation. So we decided to try Disney's HH resort in a 2 bedroom villa next July. It will be us, DD5 and DS2. My parents will also be joining us.

We love every DVC resort we have tried so far, but for some reason, I am a little nervous about this one. For anyone who has been, I would love to hear your opinions on the resort and what activities are fun to do with a 5 and 2 year old!

Thanks!

medic9016
12-08-2007, 09:34 AM
DW has one of her stores on HH, we live 30 min away. We have never been to the DVC resort. But for HH it is packed during the summer and traffic is a nightmare. The beaches and golf courses are very nice. There is shopping from a small mall to the small shops on the beach. Savannah Ga is about a 45 min drive, Charleston is about an 1 1/2 drive away.

pox24
12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
My wife and I stayed there this past September for 3 nights. There is no beach at the resort, only the pool. Its located on the west side of the island. It was an awesome stay. Its so not Disney that it was great. The rooms are large, very quiet, moss on the trees. The only downside is the lack of dining. However there are so many places on the island to eat it did not matter. Right next door( a 5 min walk) is
Shelter Cove Marina. Shoppes and good food. Golf is everywhere. Played at Harboutown Links.... fantastic. Anyway at DVC HHI, there is a fishing pier, BBQ pits, horseshoes. I liked the serenity. Can't wait to go back.:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
12-10-2007, 05:10 PM
As a PP said, the beach is about a mile away. You can either drive there, or take the resort's shuttle bus. I have no idea how it is in the summer since we've always gone off season. We love it there, but we don't have any little ones (any more), and I'm honestly not sure if there's an overwhelming lot for them to do. It's certainly a lot different from WDW-very restful, lots of nature, nice rocking chairs on all the porches.

Priority Four
12-11-2007, 10:44 AM
We love HH. I have not been in the summer, but we have really enjoyed the resort. Be sure and take advantage of the programs that are offered with the naturalist. We found them incredibly fun. The Marsh walk and the Beach walk are great. Last time we were there my daughter looked for bones in owl droppings and another time our family built a cradle for an egg drop off the balcony. What a great resort!