PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a Disney Park AND Intercot addict when...

EPCOT84
12-08-2007, 03:06 AM
:razz:Let's see how many you recognize.

Feel free to add more !! :thumbsup:

You crave Dole Whip...

You have to write about it...

You stay at Poly...

You know what an ADR is....

You see hidden Mickeys in rubber band balls on the back of Office Max trucks ...

You can't wait for the next segment of that trip report...

You keep checking your stars to see when you can get promoted...

You write like this: "I just made my ADRs on the DDP thanks to a very nice CM. We're staying at the AKL but I am taking my DH, DD7, DS4 to 1900 at GF, then we'll head to MK to hit PotC before the MVMCP"...:crazy:

You talk like this: "I just made my ay-dee-ars on the deedeepee thanks to a nice see-em. We're staying at the Ack-l but I am taking my dee-eich, dee-dee seven, dee-ess four to 1900 at the Gee-eff, then we'll head to em-kay to hit pot-see before the emvee-emseepee..." :razz:

(*I got the idea for this post from other post called "Intercot Decoder"! :blush:)

You look forward to the next post from Figment ! ....

You can't wait to add another trip to your signature...

You cry when you don't have a next trip for your signature...

You smell Loreal Kids Shampoo and think "Disney water"....

You smile and nod when you read that ...

You multitask work and visits to Intercot ...

You check to see what the drink of the day is on Friday...

You go to the games section for a break from reading the serious boards...

You crave a Churro right now...

You hesitate to change away from your favorite avatar 'cause you worry it won't be there next time...

You're racking your brain trying to remember how to write that Mickey symbol...

JerseyMouse
12-08-2007, 07:29 AM
You actually enjoy going to work because it allows for uninterrupted posting time away from DW and her constant nagging about doing the wash, feeding the cat, paying the bills...silly little stuff that gets in the way of my Intercot time....:D

Speedy1998
12-08-2007, 08:30 AM
You check the boards before you check your e-mail.

You have not used a map at WDW since AK opened.

You can actually tell Chip and Dale apart, and you do not understand why so many people can not see the differences.

When not on Intercot you browse Youtube for Disney Vacation Videos.

You haved added the Disney DVD release dates to your outlook calander.

You are posting right now while whatching Disney Channel with your children.

CanadianWDWFan
12-08-2007, 08:47 AM
While at WDW you can't wait to get back onto Intercot.:D

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-08-2007, 10:12 AM
you actually introduce yourself as "Disney Lovin' Dutchman"...actually happened to me twice! :blush:

DisneyTwirler13!
12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
You spend your time wishing you were at WDW, and when you get there, you wish you'd brought your laptop so you could share your trip with your friends at Intercot.

OR
You spend your time wishing you were at WDW, and when you get ther, you wish you'd never have to leave.
Either or....

RedheadWriter
12-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Your family get togethers are:

1. all about planning the next trip *or*
2. all about talking about the last trip *or*
3. PLanning what restaurants you will dine at *or*
4. who went to WDW and did they like it

Sometimes, it's all of the above!:D:thumbsup:

Deesdisney
12-08-2007, 12:01 PM
You spend all your time on intercot and trying to figure out how to afford enough points to stay in the DVC for 3 months. (Win the lottery)

And your favorite saying is Dreams do come true to every wish.

EPCOT84
12-08-2007, 02:20 PM
you actually introduce yourself as "Disney Lovin' Dutchman"...actually happened to me twice! :blush:

Scary isn't it ;)

Some more..

You write an e-mail at work and you're looking for that jumping Mickey smilie but can't find it or can't use it ...

You anxiously check the Travel Channel for the next round of Disney shows....

You call in for dinner reservations at your local restaurant and ask for an ADR ...

You start referring to the food court at the mall as CS...

You can't wait to post your 100 days to go countdown...

You can't wait to post your 10 days to go countdown ...

You can't wait to post your 1 day to go countdown...

You are jumping around the house because it is trip day, you're off to WDW but you've got to write that one last "ta-ta" before you go, to make us all jealous....

AbeeNormal
12-08-2007, 05:07 PM
You know your an addict when...........

You have over 400 posts and you've haven't even been to WDW (yet- January):mickey:

Great post by the way:thumbsup:

jpH/keD
12-08-2007, 07:01 PM
ok here goes mine...

You know you are an Intercot/Disney addict when you are in Disney world and something happens and I think...I cant wait to get home and tell my friends on Intercot about this!!!!!

True story :mickey: also I just hit my 200th post! :party:

IloveDisney71
12-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Here's another one:
All your friends, family, and co-workers come to you for Disney trip planning advice!

mickey&missy
12-08-2007, 09:09 PM
When you get reminder emails from the Travel Channel that there's a WDW show coming up!

When you go to a beautiful drive through holiday light display and think that the lights at DHS must be so much more beautiful

When you find your self using terms like ADR, WL, AKL, MK etc when talking to people about WDW

When you've been on intercot so many times in one day that there are no new threads

showmethemouse
12-08-2007, 11:51 PM
you know you are addict when your best friend goes to Disney and call you every day so it seem like you are there with them and you do the same thing when you go down.:mickey::mickey:you also so know you are addict when all you do is talk about Disney

azdisneymom
12-09-2007, 12:19 AM
You know your an addict when
... you can read Intercot just about everyday and not be bored
... you are happy for someone else (whom you have never met) because they got ADRs at LeCellier for dinner
... your kids think finding hidden Mickeys everywhere is a normal part of life. :blush:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
12-09-2007, 06:31 AM
You know you're a Disney/Intercot addict when...

You've taken the time to read this entire thread! :party::thumbsup:

Chris :hatter:

Speedy1998
12-09-2007, 08:37 AM
You know more about WDW and Walt Disney than many CM's.

You find yourself correcting other guest when they call characters by the wrong name.

You read the Disney annual report hoping to find information about future attractions, and Movies that you can than share on Intercot.

You sing "Great Big Beautiful Tommorow", while on COP and for old time sake sign "Best Times of our lives" when you get off.

RedheadWriter
12-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Here's another one:
All your friends, family, and co-workers come to you for Disney trip planning advice!

Yes, this is me! LOL...the Tiverton Disney go-to person!

dumbo ears
12-09-2007, 10:52 AM
wow that sounds about like me.

BelleandtheBeast
12-09-2007, 02:29 PM
When you dream Disney and talk about it in your sleep. :sleepin:

amd780
12-09-2007, 02:36 PM
You can actually tell Chip and Dale apart, and you do not understand why so many people can not see the differences.

When not on Intercot you browse Youtube for Disney Vacation Videos.

YES!!! :D Especially the Chip and Dale thing. I always have to explain to DH how to tell them apart...lol!!!

...when you know the main Disney phone number by heart, but have a hard time remembering the vendor's phone number you call every other day at work

...you drive past a garage called "A.D.R. Auto Body" and are reminded to make your ADRs

...you can find hidden Mickeys anywhere

...most of the websites in your Favorites pertain to Disney

Great thread! :thumbsup:

EPCOT84
12-09-2007, 03:26 PM
This is going great :thumbsup:!! Keep it up !!

Some more ...

You know you're a Disney Park AND Intercot addict when...

You create a YouTube account just to share your favorite Disney park YouTube videos with all the folks on Intercot you never met (I just did today - My channel is IcotFan. The link is in my profile) ...

You now spend time looking for those videos you had favorited under your other account...

The Christmas lights on the houses remind you of the Electrical Parade ...

You start bopping to the tune from the Electrical Parade ...

You write that you are while you're posting on Intercot...

You look for videos and Webshots pictures that remind you of your last trip there...

PETE FROM NYC
12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Too many of the above descriptions could refer to me.Considering that ,due to family obligations,it was eight long years between my last and next to last trips,I was still reading these boards almost daily.Both for keeping current,and putting in my two cents here and there.
I also had to thank the many Intercotees who helped my family and I prepare for our trip last March,so many changes.
We were planning for a return trip March 08,but roight now that seems doubtful for several reasons.First,I am trying to retire on permanent disability,and cannot make any definite plans until that is done.Then my Mom and Sister just got back from the world 2 weeks ago and told me to wait awhile because there will be so much more to see at a later date.
Now,just before I turned on this computer today,DW says to find out about driving down in the coming year and taking several weeks to do it,stopping along the way at some other destinations.
Who knows?
As long as I do not have to wait another eight long years til our next Disney fix.

Cinderelley
12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
You're Disney-obsession is spreading at work -
I can now long for school bread at work and have several people drooling along with me.

Almost refer to your family as my DH, DD & DSs in everyday conversation.

Your Creative Memories consultant calls you as soon as she gets new Disney products in.

Your family calls you as soon as anything Disney appears on TV. (My sister called me today about a Disney special on the Travel Channel. Unfortunately, I don't have that channel. I'll have to get it. :D)

Your DH yells to turn off the TV as soon as a Disney commercial comes on.

Your friends say "How will you survive the next two years until your next trip to Disney?"

Your DH insists on going somewhere other than Disney for vacation, but Disney still follows you. We went to Texas instead, but still heard Disney songs in the Taco Bell we ate at. He should know better. :)

IloveJack
12-10-2007, 08:37 AM
When this thread gets you tickled because it all refers to you...
:)

When you have to edit other emails to keep DH, DW, DS, and DD out of them...

When your students look around your desk and asked "Are you obsessed with Jack Sparrow and Disney?"...

When those same students can't wait to go to WDW and try to "hold the ball," like we did in our PP picture at Epcot...

Jeff G
12-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Here are a few of mine.

.....on any given day you know exactly how many days are left until your next trip (284 for me thanks to the Intercot trip counter).

.....even scarier, your kids know how many days are left until your next trip.

....when introduced to someone new you here a phrase like "so your the Disney person I've heard about" or "this is the friend I was telling you about who knows a lot about WDW".

....your email is full because of notifications to Intercot threads you subscribe to.

....your internet is down all weekend so you use your friends just to check Intercot threads (this just happened to me this past weekend).

....while on vacation at WDW you see an answer to "where was this photo taken?" or "where in the world am I?" and you wish you had a computer at your disposal right at the park to post the answer on Intercot.

NJBelle
12-10-2007, 12:03 PM
one of the number one reasons that you're looking forward to Christmas is that you are going to spend time with your Dsny nut Uncle and you get to plan your trip.

You dream about Tonga Toast

you teach your little brother to sing the Mickey Mouse march as soon as he can talk

Your internet home page is your count down (259 days, 6 hours and 31 minutes!)

Your Christmas gifst to you family all have something to do with Disney Movies/parks

goofysbabe
12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Ok here is mine:

When you get done with that important project at work and your boss tells you - you need a trip to Disney (that really just happened to me)

Your kids want to play "What's your favorite Disney.... ride, place to eat, show etc. every time your in the car

The only music you listen to is Disney music

When certain people see you and they ask so when are ya goin back?

When your kids come home from the Secret Santa shop at school and slip and tell you mom I picked out a Mickey mug & coaster for you!

Tink#64
12-11-2007, 01:05 AM
When you get reminder emails from the Travel Channel that there's a WDW show coming up!

When you go to a beautiful drive through holiday light display and think that the lights at DHS must be so much more beautiful

When you find your self using terms like ADR, WL, AKL, MK etc when talking to people about WDW

When you've been on intercot so many times in one day that there are no new threads

:blush:

OMG! Yes! I check the TV scene for any WDW shows on Travl chnl before looking for movies! I was talking to a man at work this week about his upcoming trip (his 1st in 30 yrs & his DW's 1st ever). He was so blown away - he got his wife on the phone when I started talking about CS's & TS's & ADR's! He couldn't believe that after he asked me some more Q's & I promptly came home & typed up 3 pages of our fav's in each park, & our fav dining! I took him the info plus a guide book! You should have seen the look I got! :jaw: He couldn't believe I had done it. I told him no problem, I could talk WDW for hours & I sent him an email with the Intercot info! He hasn't asked me anything else about WDW! :confused: :blush: :silly:

BelleandtheBeast
12-11-2007, 01:14 AM
When you are driving you car down the highway and you are pretending to be driving the monorail.

Mickey 101
12-11-2007, 01:54 AM
You start to look for favorite repeat posters in Trip Reports to see how their latest trip was.

In your daily life, you are constantly reminded of WDW.

Everyone that knows you thinks you're a Disney fanatic and you consider it a compliment.

People want to go to WDW with you to experience it the way you do.

cal5755
12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
When your 4 year old wakes up every morning and asks "How days til Disney now?"

When your 4 year old tells you everyday "Last night I had a dream about Disney ....."

When everyday one of your 3 kids brings up past and/or future trips and plans!!

When you whine to your 3 children how 273 days is too long to wait to go to WDW!!!

When you are driving DD8 to New York for yet another audition and you are thinking - I wonder if HaydensDad next trip report segment is posted and when am I going to get to read it?

I love this thread!! I am having major Disney withdrawls.... I so want to go back tomorrow and not wait til next year... I keep threatening to win the lottery lol and go at every whim!!!

TiggeRia
12-11-2007, 12:58 PM
This is a great thread...I found myself chuckling as I read through them because I can relate so well! Anyway, here's one to add....

You know you're a WDW/Intercot addict when you find yourself carrying a notebook around the park to take notes (on what rides you went on, on the meals you ate, etc...) so you remember everything to put into your trip reports when you get home. :mickey:

cfoshe
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
when you come back to the same post day after day to see if anyone has posted something else to read.

you have a window sticker on your car that says I would rather be at disney.

DS seen a ciniman roll this weekend and wanted it, I stated he could have one on JULY 21 on main street.

you flip through the trip reports looking to see if anyone has posted pics of there trips, before you start reading the reports w/o pics.

Here we go again...
12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
You know you are a Disney Park AND Intercot addict when...

Your license plate says "EPCOT"

You post a picture of your license plate on Intercot.

You refer to Mickey as your boyfriend.

It drives your friends and family crazy that you spend so much time in Disney yet they come to you for advice.

You post a new thread asking for advice for your friends first trip.

You wear Disney polos to work every day. :cloud9:

#1donaldfan
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
You actually enjoy going to work because it allows for uninterrupted posting time away from DW and her constant nagging about doing the wash, feeding the cat, paying the bills...silly little stuff that gets in the way of my Intercot time....:D

This one came straight out of my mind, but someone else typed it.......now if that's not a Disney addict, I don't know what is !!!!

.....or maybe your an addict when you draw mickey heads all over you desk calendar instead of important meetings and things to do.....:thedolls:

Mackflava99
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
-You postpone a morning meeting at work so you can call in and make your ADRs-
( i actually did that)
Your dinner conversation revolves around isues you both saw on Intercot that day ...

cal5755
12-13-2007, 10:08 AM
When your 4 year old just busts in your room and says "mommy are you playing big girl Disney again?" lol

When your 4 yr old says "can I go on Disney.com to play when you are done playing?"

I just had to share that ... because my 4 year old just asked that hee hee.

EPCOT84
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
... you check this board after the holidays and realize everyone's been on holiday too...

... you go into holiday withdrawal blues but you know Intercot is there and its time to get back to it ...

kdsjjb
01-08-2008, 12:01 PM
...when your wife makes fun of you for using the acronyms during every-day conversations.

...when you talk more with your wife's cousin's wife, then your wife ever did with her cousin

...when you actually quit a good, well paying job that is your primary souce of income, two days before a trip that has been planned for months, because they said you couldn't go.
(Yes I did, and didn't regret it for a minute)

...when everyday, you find something that makes you think of WDW - I could smell that a coworker was eating an orange, and I sighed out loud and said "I can't wait to go on Soarin' in November"

...when you make everyone in the house quiet down when a Disney commercial comes on TV

...when you're a 6' - 3" 255lb former fighter and martial arts instructor, and you don't even care when your dad and brother make fun of you for being addicted to Disney.

katzctkpt
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
When your DH ask how many did you post on intercot today.
When are we going again and how many days til we leave.
When your DH wants to decorate every room in a disney theme.

caryrae
01-08-2008, 01:47 PM
You are excited you get to add another date and disney resort in your signature list.

EPCOT84
04-19-2008, 03:18 PM
... when you know summer is around the bend and that orange you whiff beckons you back to Soarin' and brings fond memories of Horizons

KineGirl
04-19-2008, 03:55 PM
... when you have preferred turkey leg stand and you have to tell someone about it :mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
When you have flashbacks of Disney from a sight or sound or smell and you are all of a sudden wanting to be there so bad it makes you mad:mad:

When you get on Intercot just to see what your DB has added for the day...(right Scott?)

When you are acting like a kid and try to pursuade your DH off the computer so you can get on...

When you have to check your most recent ? that you have asked before you go to bed and check again as soon as you get up...

RockChalkKimball
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
...When your office is decorated with Disney characters and memorbilia.

... When you go to buy something you don't really need and decide not to get it and instead put the money in the Disney fund.

...You look for conferences in the Orlando area so that you have an excuse to go to WDW. (twice this year!)

...And, yes, I am the local Disney expert. I keep passing around my books, so I never get to use them.

TinkerbellT421
04-19-2008, 06:48 PM
These are me and mf DBF addictions... that havent already been mentioned lol. We fit all of these so far.

...When you and your DBF put a HUGEEEE mickey & american flag in the background flag on the balcony of our apartment :mickey:

...We come home and that night we are at the computer planning the next trip and figuring our budget :party::party:

...The first day in disney we go shopping for my disney scrapbooking project materials when i get home.

...Check for attraction closing updates everyday (even though your ten months before your next trip)

...Start looking for Birnbaums next year book ten months in advance...

....Oh and last but not least, searching for the perfect disney map to have custom framed for our living room....yes that is our current shopping expedition....:D

...When u hear someone say they took the kids to Disney and it was "OK" and probably wont ever go back after the kids are older and it makes your blood boil. (Just happened to us lol)

...You show off your disney pics like they were your kids (I even had a dozen of my favs made wallet size and I show them off every where we go)

...Everyday after work, you cant wait to get home to check the mail and flip thru everything looking for anything disney, dvc, disney files magazine, anything that remotely comes close to "Disney" in the name.

...Combing thru intercot looking for stories of the dreamsquad looking for hints or something that might make it possible for you to be at the right place at the right time to see them the next time you go.:magic:

...Looking thru all my scrapbooking websites searching for potential new disney products for my future trips scrapbooking projects..

...And last but not least have ur DBF and DM pitch in too buy u a new scrapbooking cricut machine just so u can use the disney catridge to help decorate ur pages a little more magically....

These were only the ones we (Me and the DBF read these together) could think of together off the top of our heads...

Krystal_Rose
04-19-2008, 07:16 PM
- You know you're an Intercot addict when..You find out about the earthquake that happened not far from where live from the posts instead of the news! :D

eyoreswife
04-19-2008, 07:37 PM
when your ringtone is the monorail phrase in spanish:cloud9:

trublueeyore
04-19-2008, 11:48 PM
---when your friends start asking if you own a shirt that hasn't come from WDW (I came home with 13 new ones from our last trip.)

---when DH has to add a room to our house to hold all my eeyores.

---when I was walking into the grocery store one day and realized I was carrying my disney purse, wearing my disney jacket, tshirt, socks and oh yeah, underwear!

---when all the kids at my dd's school refer to me as the disney lady.

---when a friend asked me how many times I had been to WDW and I replied "since I have been an adult or when I was a child?"

Oh, this is fun!:mickey:

mouselover93
04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
when you tell a friend or family member that you have something to tell then after being on the computer and they say "let me guess it's about disney isnt" and 95% of the time it is

EPCOT84
07-04-2008, 04:17 PM
You know you're an Intercot addict and a Disney addict when you find a great video on YouTube that's darn perfect for this thread and favorite it . :piano::tv::figment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76cPEVa1hU

Queen Stephanie
07-04-2008, 11:54 PM
You know, it is so therapeutical to know that there are so many other people out there like me! Non-Disney people just don't get me because I compare all aspects of my life to Disney. I'm very thankful for Intercot!:rocks:

pianobabe
07-05-2008, 11:18 AM
You divorce one husband because he just didn't "get" Disney. You then marry another one who has been to WDW more times than you and understands.:blush:

RocknBev
07-05-2008, 02:12 PM
-when you start taking pictures of random items as well as all of the food you eat at WDW just because disneyboy on Intercot does!

-when your golfer lover husband redecorates the basement from golfing theme to disney theme!:mickey:

AHOTE
07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
When the customer service desk associate at your local Home Depot calls you "Mickey Mouse"
Not sure why, :doh: could be the hat? :mickey:

When all the art in your guest bedroom and rec room is limited editions by John Hench, Charles Boyer, Ward Kimball and Ollie Johnston. :artist:

When 4 of the 6 CD's in your car stereo are Disney and your DS just turned 40. :old:

When your friends ask you when rather than where you're going on vacation. :vacation:

When the wallpaper on your computer is the Haunted Mansion from DLP with snow on it. :hmghost: and your screen saver is the Cheshire Cat & Alice from DLP.

When all your photo albums on your myspace page are vacation shots from WDW.

When you earn a bonus gift from your employer and your boss gives you a one week, all expense paid trip to..., betcha can't guess? :mickey:

LauraleeH
07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
When you try to shut down your Facebook, but just can't because of all of the Disney flair and bumper stickers you have!

When you decide you'd rather stay home and watch a Disney Planning DVD or Disney movie instead of hanging out with your friends :mickey:

When you are so thankful for strangers (Intercot) because they've taught you so much (About Disney and more) :thumbsup:

Flower
07-05-2008, 07:37 PM
When your friend who is a travel agent sends other friend to me to help them with their trip plans!

When my 4 year old has been to WDW 4 times and constantly asks to watch Stacey & HM on YouTube

When my baby had been to WDW 3 times within 26 months.

You park beside other cars in the parking lot because they have Mickey antennae toppers too!:mickey:

When your 4 year olds favorite book is Birnbaums - and he knows that mommy wants to stay in hotel #1

disneyworld55925592
07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
....in your free time you plan dream vacations to disney world even if its not in your budget. Then when you can you plan your real trip to disney world but maybe stay at a cheaper hotel :blush:

Ropachs
07-06-2008, 02:24 PM
-When people want you to go with them to be their tour guide.
-When you burn the banana bread that was baking because you got carried away reading this post, uh huh, just happened...

jrkcr
07-07-2008, 02:24 PM
...when you're in the check out line at the grocery store, and the clerk mentions your Disney shirt. And then you start talking Disney, mention intercot-try to explain to the clerk-AND the woman in line behind you who has joined in the conversation, exactly what intercot is, and what a GREAT site intercot is. :rocks: How they MUST use it to get info for any disney trip they ever take....Then they ask about the difference in DL and WDW! At least there was no one else behind us in line.....cause it was a pretty long conversation! :blush:
:blah::blah::blah:

Diznee4Me
07-07-2008, 02:40 PM
...when you're in the check out line at the grocery store, and the clerk mentions your Disney shirt. And then you start talking Disney, mention intercot-try to explain to the clerk-AND the woman in line behind you who has joined in the conversation, exactly what intercot is, and what a GREAT site intercot is. :rocks: How they MUST use it to get info for any disney trip they ever take....Then they ask about the difference in DL and WDW! At least there was no one else behind us in line.....cause it was a pretty long conversation! :blush:
:blah::blah::blah:

Uhhh.....and who introduced YOU to Intercot? Hmm...:D

RalsFam
07-07-2008, 06:13 PM
You are deployed overseas, and it seems like half your conversations are about WDW!:mickey: I can't help it.
I told my wife I wanted a Mickey Mouse watch, she said "Aren't you worried about your buddies thinking you're weird?" Nope, planning this vacation while I'm over here has helped me feel closer to home.:rocks:

jrkcr
07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Uhhh.....and who introduced YOU to Intercot? Hmm...:D

My bestest intercot buddy! Thanks for getting me hooked! :high5:

disneygeek84
08-23-2008, 08:37 PM
You know your WHOLE FAMILY is addicted to Disney when...

...Your dad is the one everyone in town calls to great info for their upcoming WDW trips.

...Your sister's having her first baby in January and already planning it's first trip next May.

...You sister's going to find out if she's having a boy or girl while you're in WDW and you let her know that you'll be in the MK that morning and you'll be two hours ahead of her time, so be sure to call you first!

...Your younger sister worked in WDW on the College Program and your other younger sister is planning on doing the same.

...You try to get your husband talked into working in Florida just so that you can be a few hours away from WDW instead of a two day drive.

And last but not least...

...You get your economic stimulus check and instead of putting it into savings to buy a house, you take a trip to Disney World.

Rekenna
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks to all of you I don't feel like such a freak! I shirk responsibilites at work with no shame whatsoever (sometimes a little) b/c I am checking out Intercot. My DH is on the bandwagon with me, he makes fun of my obsession but tells everyone else how impressed he is with my planning skills. If I had no other responsibilities, namely 3 kids, I would move to Orlando and work at WDW for minimum wage.

Thank you to everyone for being weird right along with me!:mickey:

Mickey91
08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
...your planning the next trip on the way out the door of the resort you just checked out of.

...you greatly consider buying a lap top for the sole reason to keep up with your intercot pals while at the "World":mickey:

...you try to figure out how to put all your vaction for two years together so you can train to work at WDW as a seasonal employee.

...you mean you never heard of Intercot??:confused: That's like knowing nothing about toilet paper!

...you and your hubby are in a race to see who gets to 3000 posts first! Who cares if there are no clean plates!!! He's almost 100 posts ahead!!:surf:

Cinderelley
08-29-2008, 06:02 AM
You know you're an Intercot addict and a Disney addict when you find a great video on YouTube that's darn perfect for this thread and favorite it . :piano::tv::figment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76cPEVa1hU

That was great!

Mousemates
08-29-2008, 11:20 AM
When the last thing you do before leaving for WDW is check Intercot and the first place you on the internet when you get home is intercot.

EPCOT84
12-14-2008, 03:57 PM
... when you cheer at every theme park commercial showing the holiday lights :santa3:

... when its been months since your last login and you feel like you're back home with friends :high5:

... when Wall-e is your newest fave Pixar DVD

... when you change your avatar to show it

mouseketeer mom
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
That was great!

I agree! That was a great you tube video! Laughed out loud about the paint chips from Home Depot!!!:secret:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-15-2008, 01:18 AM
When you got so tired of being bothered to renew your pass that you made life easy and just got hired as a CM.

And when you find that after working the past 5 days of double shifts, you still plan to be at one of the parks on your only day off in over 2 weeks.

And all of your stories now begin with, "One time, at work (or Disney)...."

chelly4568
12-15-2008, 10:17 AM
You know when you a disney addict when you start dreaming about disney during class and you start doodling mickey heads on the side of your paperss.

TinkerbellT421
12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
...when you spent all night last night convincing your best friend (who only went to DLR and hated it) to come with you and your DBF on your NEXT trip which isnt planned yet, and you havent even gone on the one that is planned now....

...when you talked so much about past trips, what trip your going on now and logging into your DVC member site to show said best friend all the planning, and his only retort is "OMG YOUR OBSESSED!"

...Telling him how much to save each week between now and then so he can come with you next year and start planning when we come back in January...and he agrees to it, and I have him all excited to go

...When you sat there trying to explain that the Celebrate Your Birthday option for the park is NOT all 4 parks (like he insisted) and trying to explain the difference between a one day/base ticket and a park hopper ticket....and getting really :mad: when he is telling me I make no sense! lol

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-15-2008, 11:24 AM
You know when you a disney addict when you start dreaming about disney during class and you start doodling mickey heads on the side of your paperss.

Or practicing autographs.

IamBelle
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
when you wear disney tee shirts and flip flops almost everyday (yup, even in winter) to feel like you are in WDW all the time!!:mickey:

and

dreaming of WDW almost every night!

Stich8818
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
- You view DW and DLR through the sateliite maps on Google and Windows live

- You as like the previous poster said in wearing or displaying some sort of Disney clothing,pins,laynard or other product.

- Looking more forward to the Christmas Day perade at DW then the Macys Thanksgiving day parade.

kemps@wdw
12-17-2008, 11:13 PM
* You know EXACTLY what room # you want when you check in to your resort.
* You know who to look for when you're trying to get picked for "Family of the Day".
* You can respond to at least 95% of these posts.
* You remember certain CMs from year to year.
* You've done Hoop-Dee-Doo EVERY trip to WDW since 1980.
* You know where to find the cheapest beer on property (DH knows)
* You NEVER get tired of reading Intercot posts, and check them daily.

bdm@pga
12-19-2008, 08:34 PM
You name your daughter Cameran MICKEYLA and your son Brandon MICKEYL (pronounced mikayla and michael) so they have hidden mickey's in their name....

You make your own outside christmas decorations so everyone calls your home "the mickey house"

You decorate your home based on paintings you bought at DMP

you make your daughter a mickey mouse shaped sandwich everyday for her school lunch!

I could go on and on and on:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey: :mickey:

AdventurerKim
12-20-2008, 06:10 PM
You have a Disney calender on your desk at work, a Mickey hat over your name on your door at work, have your iGoogle page with a total Disney theme, drive faster when Aerosmith comes on the radio because you think you're on Rock N Roller coaster, you remark at least once a day "this smell reminds me of Disney World", wear a Disney pin everyday to work, mention Disney World at least once a day in conversation, look at Intercot boards at lunch at work, etc...I too could go on and on...:mickey:

EPCOT84
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
...You get your economic stimulus check and instead of putting it into savings to buy a house, you take a trip to Disney World.

... and you feel good doing that !:thumbsup:

To continue, you know you are a Disney addict and an Intercot addict when...

... you spend a Sunday on Intercot and forget to eat lunch

... you crave a Mickey bar:bar:

.. you learn on Intercot about Disney eco-bags just in time for Earth Day and since you're not going to a park anytime soon, you think of how many videos you need to buy to earn enough Disney movie rewards points for what is probably a $3 bag.

... you just ordered the vacation DVD, the cruise line DVD and its been six months since you ordered a map so you order the customized maps, all because reading a post here reminded you its been six months

... you check up on the latest in the parks in the news area and ** again ** sob that you're not there to experience it

... you get a Disney vacation club mailer and look at the pictures over and over

... you ordered the annual report for the pictures and the latest news though you know the stuff on Intercot is probably more up-to-date

... you let others know on this site about Disney M&Ms 'cause you just saw it online

... you now grab a snack since its nearly dinner time dreaming it was a churro instead

Hull-onian
04-19-2009, 06:48 PM
:ditto: to above post.

BluewaterBrad
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
You watch both versions of the Top Seven Must Sees on U tube!:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
04-20-2009, 10:27 PM
- You eat an orange when you're having a bad day, peeled with your fingernails, just so that you can have that Soarin' smell to comfort you.

-You won't eat a pancake or a sugar cookie unless it has mouse ears.

- You are approached by random professors on your college campus to plan their Disney trips with the promise that they'll write glowing letters of recommendation for you later on when you try to get hired there. (It's practically all I've done this semester! :secret:)

-While at Disney, you carry a diary and dutifully write down every detail while waiting in line, at lunch and before bed, because you don't want to forget to tell your Intercot buddies anything!

-You keep a menu from every restaurant you eat at and stop hungry family members from eating until you've taken a picture of everyone's food for posting on Intercot.

-Your 2 year old cousin happily tells his grandmother "Robin drives a Mickey car!" (I have a Mickey Test Track antenna topper, a WDW license plate frame, and Disney floor mats)

-When the mother of the 3 year old you babysit has a Disney question and her daughter says "Ask Miss Robin, she will know!"

- When you dream about Disney, see the Voices of Liberty and get annoyed because they're wearing the wrong costumes.

- When your Adolescent Development class is discussing how the media targets adolescents and the professor looks right at you and says "So what exactly is this Disney XD thing?" and you not only can tell her it's purpose, but also give her the programming schedule and a synopsis of all the shows. :blush: (I'm very happy they brought "the famous jett jackson" back, I had a huge crush on him when I was little!)

-When your Facebook has two Pieces of Flair boards full of Disney flair and you still haven't got enough room

-You can incorporate Disney into ANY conversation

- You get insulted beyond all reason when people say they don't like Disney, and get downright aggressive when people tell you you should "grow up."

- You have an original Space Mountain car parked in your garage (the crown jewel of my cousin's collection ;) )

*I like this thread... I feel much more normal...*

IamBelle
04-21-2009, 07:34 AM
- You eat an orange when you're having a bad day, peeled with your fingernails, just so that you can have that Soarin' smell to comfort you

-While at Disney, you carry a diary and dutifully write down every detail while waiting in line, at lunch and before bed, because you don't want to forget to tell your Intercot buddies anything!

-You can incorporate Disney into ANY conversation

- You get insulted beyond all reason when people say they don't like Disney,

*I like this thread... I feel much more normal...*

EXACTLY!!
I also have one that happened to me recently...

You have a dream about Disney and in that dream you say "I got to write about this on Intercot"

disneyboy98
04-23-2009, 01:01 AM
When you write LIVE trip reports from WDW and post pictures of EVERYTHING (including food) because you are writing to a group of people that GET IT!!! Just did all of this last week! Missing WDW terribly! Awesome topic!

Makes me feel better!

Magic Smiles
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
You move into a new office bldg and the first thing you notice is hidden mickey's on the office dividers.:mickey:

EPCOT84
07-25-2009, 01:54 AM
... it's Friday night after a long hard week at work and you log in to Intercot and feel like a million dollars better

... when someone brings back candy from a trip and you look to see if it is from WDW

... co-workers are heading out on vacation to WDW and you hang on every word they say listening for any little parcel of new information

... a toaster waffle makes you crave Mickey waffles

... you're trying to memorize those animated smilie names like :wave:

... you eagerly await the next installment of those clever trip reports

... you're writing in Intercot in the middle of the night because you have insomnia

... you've been in front of the computer most of the day at work and now you're at Icot for the evening (that's seriously crazy)

... you decide to call it a night pretending you're at a hotel in WDW and ready to hit the parks as soon as the sun is up

Lakin
07-27-2009, 06:53 PM
You know your a Disney addict when

*You make a bigger deal of Mickey Mouse's birthday than you do your own.
*You have a folder full of Disney World Park/Resort maps that you carry with you everywhere.
*When the people you know in real life that aren't your Intercot friends actually title you 'Disney freak' more than they do your actual name.
*You know how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds until your next trip.
*You associate everything circle with hidden mickeys. Everything.
*You spend your spare time convincing your friends to take a trip to The World.

I am guilty of all the above.

I LoveJack
07-28-2009, 12:23 AM
The travel agent asks you questions for information on the parks.

All your ringtones on your cell are Disney tunes.

You daydream at work about your next trip all the time.

You cry the minute you see the castle on the first day there.

You cry more when it is the last night and you are telling it goodbye.

You start planning your next trip less than a month from your last one. ( And I live in Oklahoma, so not just right down the road)

You tell everyone that when you grow up, you are going to work for Disney. ( I'm 44 now)

Almost every shirt your hubby owns has grumpy on it.

When DD was asked what she was going to be when she grew up she replied Alice. :D

kemps@wdw
08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
When ANYONE mentions the word vacation or Disney, you're "tour guide" instincts kick in and in 5 minutes, you've explained why they should go to WDW, where to stay, eat, how to park-hop, all about Fast passes, what books to get and websites to visit (if they haven't already accepted your offer to personally play tour guide), and how to book the "vacation of a lifetime"! :D

EPCOT84
10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
You know you're a Disney Park AND Intercot addict when...

:figment:...it is the Columbus Day holiday you decide to honor John, the founder, and rename it INTERCOT DAY !!

:rocks::cheers:

Not2Loud
10-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Sounds like we are all normal, at least to the people here at Intercot!

I was on a flight last week and noticed the gentleman next to me had a Beach Club tag on his bag. Of course, I had to engage him in conversation. It was so much fun talking to another 30-something male that loves Disney as much as I do.

Made the flight quite enjoyable!

KylesMom
10-14-2009, 10:02 PM
This is a really cool thread. Here's my top-of-mind "addict" thought:

Tonight, as we were walking out of Karate, DS smells steak wafting from a nearby high-end restaurant & starts going on & on about LeCellier. He then asks if we can jump on INTERCOT after he eats so that we can start planning our ADRs for our July '10 vacation. Ouch. I think we're both hooked! :mickey:

Man, what I wouldn't do for a New York Strip, Grilled Asparagus, Pretzel Bread & glass of Diamond Merlot in the heart of EPCOT right now!! :wine:

mjaclyn
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
...have a Disney Confirmation Email from 2005 sitting in your Inbox as if it were yesterday...9 nights at Animal Kingdom for $121 a night!!!

HauntedMansionManiac
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
When your girlfriend knows all the information about your trip that she isn't even going on because you talk about so much.:blush:

Disney4us2
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi I'm Marci and I am a Disney addict.:D

I was not going back to Disneyland until next month,.... but I can't stay away. Have to see the Halloween Screams fireworks once more before they are gone.

I wish I was at WDW with my friends who are there now.

Joannelet
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
When your discussion with your spouse starts with "someone on intercot today was talking about......

JennPooh
10-20-2009, 11:32 AM
When you're at work (I work in the classified dept of our local newspaper) taking orders for ads and you pretend that you are a CM working in reservations (dining or otherwise).

Seems like my numbers jump when I do that. Somehow I upsell a lot more. :mickey:

alicefan76
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
You make a list of all the character names to see if one will fit when you get a new puppy....:D

You start planning your next trip on the plane ride home...

You have more t-shirts with Disney characters on them than anything else...

EPCOT84
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
You're shopping at Target and see a hidden Mickey :mickey2: in the design of a box of Target brand fresh apples and come home and post it on Intercot :D

WDWNut02
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
When you have more than one hidden Mickey tattoos :mickey:

BMan62
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
When the first things you put on/in your new vehicle are your Magic Kingdom throw and white, golf ball Mickey antenna topper! (Just did this with my new 2010 Nissan Xterra Off Road ["Super Black!"]) :blush:

BigThunderFan
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
When your VP tells you and another employee who are each planning trips in the coming months that you are no longer allowed to talk about Disney World at work because no one else wants to hear about it 24/7.
But you do anyway when she is not around...

AirlineGuy07
11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
You sing 'Laughing Place" on the log flume ride in Idlewild Park in PA.

EPCOT84
04-02-2010, 05:10 PM
:mickey: When the color of Easter baskets and candy makes you think of Main Street USA

:mickey:When you check out your Intercot statistics and all your previous posts and threads and enjoy reading them again

forever a child
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I have to stop myself from referring to my DD15 as "Dear Daughter 15"

DD and I have conversations about Intercot posts like we were part of a group conversation.

tsantillo
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=RockChalkKimball;1608064

... When you go to buy something you don't really need and decide not to get it and instead put the money in the Disney fund.[/QUOTE]

This is sooo me! I'm saving for a dream Poly trip in Nov that I can barely afford.:secret:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
It's like all these posts are a window into my soul....

all I have to say is :ditto: to every single one.

IloveDisney71
04-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I listen to live streaming Disney music while browsing Intercot
I love the beginning of Disney movies when the music comes on and they zoom onto the the animated castle with the pixie dust sprinkled over the top - it makes me misty-eyed every time!
I anxiously wait for Disney dvd releases so I can add them to my Disney dvd collections
I have Disney cds in my car and play them when I'm sad or when I'm in a bad mood so I can sing along and cheer up :blush: I admit it - I'm just a kid at heart!:mickey:

EPCOT84
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
You see three Fourth of July balloons illustrated in an ad that looks like a hidden Mickey,
You go to Staples Center and LA LIve and feel like you're at Downtown Disney or Epcot,
You visit the LA Live's ESPN Zone just to feel like you're in a Disney park
And you come across a NY Yankees Mickey Mouse statue in the lobby just when the Yankees are in town for a series with the Dodgers playing against their former coach for the 1st time
And all the costumed visitors in town for the Anime Expo at the convention center make it even more like a Disney day (like Alice in Wonderland)
And there are Mickey statues all over town for the All Star Game to be held in a few days right near Disneyland Resort !:number1:

EPCOT84
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
You remember Halloween at WDW, display those pumpkin Mickeys, and say "Hi folks" to Intercot.:mpumpkin: :wave::mpumpkin:

tundramom
10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
:blush:

OMG! Yes! I check the TV scene for any WDW shows on Travl chnl before looking for movies! I was talking to a man at work this week about his upcoming trip (his 1st in 30 yrs & his DW's 1st ever). He was so blown away - he got his wife on the phone when I started talking about CS's & TS's & ADR's! He couldn't believe that after he asked me some more Q's & I promptly came home & typed up 3 pages of our fav's in each park, & our fav dining! I took him the info plus a guide book! You should have seen the look I got! :jaw: He couldn't believe I had done it. I told him no problem, I could talk WDW for hours & I sent him an email with the Intercot info! He hasn't asked me anything else about WDW! :confused: :blush: :silly:

OK, I have to admit: I do have a 20+ typed page guide that I give to any newbie who asks me about Disney trips- I get a lot of intro's like "She's the one to talk to about Disney". I also grab at least a doz. maps at each park each trip to hand out with the packet, oh yeah, and...I put a copy of my planning grid (if they give me their dates I fill it all in) that includes: park hours with EMH's highlighted, parade and firework times, columns to fill in AM and PM park choices, best and avoid parks based on crowd predictions, a spot for ADr info, and an info column for other important facts (like who's playing at Eat to the Beat or when you're flight departs :() All this is in a pocket 3 tab binder (and yes, I keep them on hand). Yeah, I'm a freak:fresh::jaw:

bostonsam
10-31-2010, 09:59 PM
When u have a problem logging in??:badpc:lol